Does God love you?

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
okay, well if those scriptures cannot mean what they say, then your scriptures do not either. Problem solved.
Those scripture mean what they say, but they are not addressing people who have been given the opportunity of receiving the Holy Spirit.

Also God telling us to loving one another is not saying that God has to love us.

And Jesus means what he said in the following scripture.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

Jesus said he does not even know those who don’t keep his Commandments, much less love them.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

Do yourself a big favor, and go to Jesus and ask him to give you the grace to understand that you have to keep God’s Commandments to be loved by God.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Those scripture mean what they say, but they are not addressing people who have been given the opportunity of receiving the Holy Spirit.

Also God telling us to loving one another is not saying that God has to love us.

And Jesus means what he said in the following scripture.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

Jesus said he does not even know those who don’t keep his Commandments, much less love them.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

(John 14:21) “Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by My Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

Do yourself a big favor, and go to Jesus and ask him to give you the grace to understand that you have to keep God’s Commandments to be loved by God.

So you're saying God loves us more before we're saved? and then asks us to love people more than he does? that makes no sense, it makes God out to be a hypocrite.

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
So you're saying God loves us more before we're saved? and then asks us to love people more than he does? that makes no sense, it makes God out to be a hypocrite.
No that is not what I said.

Jesus came to complete his love for those he called, and then choses.

He did this by making those people his children.

(1 Peter 1:3-4) “Blessed be God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who in his great mercy has given us a new birth as his sons, by raising Jesus Christ from the dead, so that we have a sure hope, and the promise of an inheritance that can never be spoilt or soiled and never fade away, because it is being kept for you in the heavens.”

Yes and Peter was telling us that we were given a new birth as God’s sons.

Jesus came to let his people become children of God.

One born again has been begotten by God.

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God. In this way we distinguish the children of God from the children of the devil: anybody not living a holy life and not loving his brother is no child of God’s.”

Yes Peter told us that Jesus came to make his people his Children. Jesus then gave his Children the grace to keep God’s Commandments.

Then Jesus said when one proves they love him by keeping his Commandments, he would love them, and make a home in them.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single

Yes Peter told us that Jesus came to make his people his Children. Jesus then gave his Children the grace to keep God’s Commandments.
Then Jesus said when one proves they love him by keeping his Commandments, he would love them, and make a home in them.
Since it seems you believe that God / Jesus
initiates the born-gain status of the individual
(which I believe He would – birth is generally
initiated by the one giving it), why would that
individual then have to “prove” to God that they
love Him by keeping His commandments?
Especially given the following statement:
That is because a Spiritual Christian knows it is God’s Work in and through us that makes it so one can stay righteous.
What would there be for them to prove? God’s working in
them, so God already knows.

-

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status

Since it seems you believe that God / Jesus
initiates the born-gain status of the individual
(which I believe He would – birth is generally
initiated by the one giving it), why would that
individual then have to “prove” to God that they
love Him by keeping His commandments?
Especially given the following statement:
What would there be for them to prove? God’s working in
them, so God already knows.

-
(Matthew 20:16) “So the last shall be first and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.”

Jesus calls many, but only a few will actually accept God’s Call.

In the following scripture I believe Jesus was speaking to those who were called but were not chosen. They were not chosen because they refused to obey him.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
(Matthew 20:16) “So the last shall be first and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.”

Jesus calls many, but only a few will actually accept God’s Call.

In the following scripture I believe Jesus was speaking to those who were called but were not chosen. They were not chosen because they refused to obey him.

Okay, but if, as you said in post 224, it's God’s Work in and
through us that makes it so one can stay righteous (and there is
plenty in scripture to support that, I believe), why would any of
the above be a concern?

-

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Okay, but if, as you said in post 224, it's God’s Work in and
through us that makes it so one can stay righteous (and there is
plenty in scripture to support that, I believe), why would any of
the above be a concern?

-
A person receives the Holy Spirit, but has not yet given his or her life to Jesus.

He or she keeps his or her free will, and chooses not to follow the instructions of the Holy Spirit.

Such a person has been called, but will not be chosen.

God’s will is my will forever, and ever.

Can you understand what that means?

One has to allow God to control his or her life.

From my experience with people who had received the Holy Spirit, almost all fell into the group that chose not to do as the Holy Spirit directed.

Those people seemed to like the teachings of his or her church better.

(Romans 8: 4) “He did this in order that the law’s just demands might be satisfied in us, who behave not as our unspiritual nature but as the Spirit dictates.”

One of the first things Jesus asked me after I had accepted his call, was to give him my life.

I was about to say yes to Jesus request, when the Holy Spirit let me know that if I gave my life to Jesus I would lose everything I owned.

From that day on, which was thirty-nine years ago everything done by me has been as Jesus commanded.

Some months after giving my life to Jesus found me living in a tent with my wife, three babies, and my wife’s dog.

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Johnlove1. God is Love and God wants loving sons and daughters. God is also a righteous God, and there is
God`s Law of Justice: What Man sows he will also reap. Galatians: 6: 7-10:
Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself." In verse 40 we are told: " On these
two Commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets." God wants our love, freely given and NO conditions made.
Matthew 7: 7-10: tells us: " ask and you shall receive," we ask for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all love
and joy with our neighbour: all we know and all we meet, friends and not friends. God will see our loving efforts, and God will approve and bless us. We keep asking and receiving, then thank God and share all Love and Joy with our neighbour. We might stumble and forget at times, but then we ask God to forgive us and carry on loving and caring.
The Bible tells us to " Repent and be Born Again," we give up all selfish wishes and wants, and start loving and caring.
People will treat us as we treat people, love is very catching, and we will gradually become more loving and caring.
Does God love you? of course He does, but God will not force us against our will. We decide whether we follow
Jesus/God, or go our own way, which will lead us into Outer Darkness without God`s Love and Light.
The Holy Spirit will help and guide us, and Jesus our Saviour will lead us all the way: JESUS IS THE WAY.
I say this with love, Johnlove. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No that is not what I said.

(1 Peter 1:3-4) “Blessed be God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who in his great mercy has given us a new birth as his sons, by raising Jesus Christ from the dead, so that we have a sure hope, and the promise of an inheritance that can never be spoilt or soiled and never fade away, because it is being kept for you in the heavens.”

Yes and Peter was telling us that we were given a new birth as God’s sons.

Jesus came to let his people become children of God.

(1 John 3:9-10) “No one who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God. In this way we distinguish the children of God from the children of the devil: anybody not living a holy life and not loving his brother is no child of God’s.”

Yeah this is that fallacy outlined in the parable, one guy gets his large debt forgiven then tells other people they are not forgiven and ends up being put in prison to work off his debt because he just didn't get it.

Fortunately, the covenant relies on Jesus Christ, whose yolk is easy and burden is light.

However, I am reminded of the following passage.

"They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them." (Matthew 23:4)

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
They tie up heavy, cumbersome loads and put them on other people’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them." (Matthew 23:4)
Mike, Jesus gave us his Holy Spirit, and if one obeys the Holy Spirit then being a Child of God is very easy. The Holy Spirit carries the weight.

Jesus did not come to make our lives hard.

As a Child of God I have not had to struggle with sin at all.

Jesus told us to give him our troubles, and he would give us peace.

There was a time in my first thirty-five years when I would pray to die before ever sinning again. I would always fail and sin. I so wanted to be everything God wanted of me, but just could not.

Jesus/Holy Spirit answered my prayer. Jesus asked me to give him my life, and after that everything went God’s way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mike, Jesus gave us his Holy Spirit, and if one obeys the Holy Spirit then being a Child of God is very easy. The Holy Spirit carries the weight.

Jesus did not come to make our lives hard.

As a Child of God I have not had to struggle with sin at all.

Jesus told us to give him our troubles, and he would give us peace.

There was a time in my first thirty-five years when I would pray to die before ever sinning again. I would always fail and sin. I so wanted to be everything God wanted of me, but just could not.

Jesus/Holy Spirit answered my prayer. Jesus asked me to give him my life, and after that everything went God’s way.

I disagree, you've sinned a number of times during this internet conversation. However, spiritual development is God's department, not mine and not yours. Your personal experience of God is just that, your personal experience of God, it doesn't necessarily apply to everyone else. As a Father relates to his children differently based on their personalities, strengths and weaknesses .. so is God with us.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
He or she keeps his or her free will, and chooses not to follow the instructions of the Holy Spirit.
I don’t believe there’s such a thing as ‘free will’.
I realize that it’s a popular concept within Christianity, and free
human will is touted as the wild-card that supposedly throws
God off His tracks and is capable of thwarting His every
purpose, but I don’t buy it. People seem to get free will
confused with sovereign will, the latter which belongs to God
alone.

Such a person has been called, but will not be chosen.
While I realize that the called-but-not-chosen idea is in the
bible, I question its validity for the simple reason that it
conflicts with the idea of an all-knowing God. Why would He
call those that He already knows He isn’t going to choose?
Doesn’t make sense, imo. My guess is that the called-not-
chosen language in there refers to something other than what
the mainstream has been led to believe it means.

One has to allow God to control his or her life.
Eh, I don’t think God needs our permission first to do whatever
it is He wants to. :) God is always in control, imo.

From my experience with people who had received the Holy Spirit, almost all fell into the group that chose not to do as the Holy Spirit directed.

Those people seemed to like the teachings of his or her church better.
Well, that’s not a call we can make. Only God can judge a
person’s heart, and for all we know they were doing exactly
what the Spirit was instructing them personally to do.

Besides that, every Christian seems to have his or her own
idea of Doctrinal Correctness. This is nothing new. They
all seem to like the teachings they prefer better, which is
perfectly natural. I'm pretty sure I'm the same way; I tend
not to believe that with which I disagree. :)

-

Upvote 0

Johnlove1

Aug 5, 2015
✟598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Personally I believe the Christian Bible is God’s written Word.

The Bible recorded Words that Jesus spoke.

I for one truly believe Jesus is God, and take very seriously what Jesus told us.

Jesus told us that to be loved by him, and the Father in Heaven one needs to keep God’s Commandments.

Jesus gave us his Holy Spirit to make it possible for use to be able to obey God.

Jesus said the following, and if one does not want to obey his Words, then he or she will on the last day have to explain why to Jesus.

Upvote 0