Do you want to get married?

Do you want to get married one day?

• Yes, I do!

• No, I do not!

• I don't know.

Results are only viewable after voting.
R

Riot Riot Riot

I would honestly love to be married soon! Just a few months ago the idea would have sent me running for the hills, but after a rough spot in my relationship with my boyfriend, our love has grown deeper and more understanding, and I honestly feel myself loving him more every day. Sometimes it's a real struggle, but I can't imagine not loving him.

I can't wait to share my life with him someday. :)

Upvote 0

Shadolus

Saved By Grace
May 4, 2009
God's Kingdom
✟18,390.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Austin you are growing like crazy, God has some awesome plans for you.

Its my desire to get married, and I believe God placed that desire in my heart to later be validated. In the meantime I will keep living this adventure to become more Christ-like.

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I would like to get married. The idea of having love, companionship and stuff with a compatible man does sound lovely. Although, while being single does get lonely sometimes, I never get so lonely that I'm willing to get married simply to rid myself of loneliness. You can be in a relationship (married or not) and still be quite lonely.

Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I put I don't know because I truely don't know. For a lot of reasons that I wont post, but I can relate to the post Rose made earlier.
If God brings me the right man and our love is stronger than just a flushy feeling, and if God places it in my heart to get married then that's a-okay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sapphyre

pew pew pew
Mar 4, 2009
San Francisco
✟13,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would rather be single forever than in an unhappy, depressing marriage.

I really would love to get married some day, but I would never get married just to get married. I would have to truly love someone. He would have to be a right man for me (mutual love and attraction, good chemistry, loves Jesus).

This pretty much sums up my views as well. I would love to have that deep of a relationship with a man that would make us both want to spend the rest of our lives together. I have no idea if I'll ever get that opportunity for a multitude of reasons, but I know I can trust God with it. I also realize marriage is not a guarantee for anyone in this life and would definitely rather remain single than be in a bad relationship of any type again.

Its my desire to get married, and I believe God placed that desire in my heart to later be validated. In the meantime I will keep living this adventure to become more Christ-like.

I believe this wholeheartedly. God gives us our desires and passions for a reason. Sometimes we just have to be patient and grow into the person who can handle the reality of those desires before receiving them.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes!!! I can't wait for the midnight pillow fights
The play between the sheets
Waking up with 'her' in my arms.

I can't wait for fights
the stress,
the failures.

I can't wait to remedy those thing above,
out of pure love and devotion to my wife.

I can't wait until many years of marriage have passed
our skin so wrinkled, hair so gray,
and when I look at her
I still see the most beautiful woman
that my eyes have EVER gazed upon.

I can't wait for the little, stinky, loud children running around us,
keeping us up late,
causing us to want to tear our hair out.

I can't wait for the burned meals,
the lame attempts to try and grab her attention
the surprise kisses
the dancing in the rain
the griping about this and that

In short, I can't wait to be married with all the ups and downs. I pray for it everyday.

Upvote 0

waves16

don't provoke the beavers
Dec 20, 2010
Canada
✟17,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I voted yes. Maybe, eventually.
I'm still conflicted between the whole
"divorce rates are way too high, I'm not good enough, I'm not going to meet the right person"
vs.
"I want to meet the right person and fall in love and spend the rest of my life, for better or worse, with my best friend"

so I guess we'll see which side wins in the end. Like my dad said, I "won't need to start thinking about any of that until I'm 45."
So I'll keep playing the "I'm too young" card for now.

Upvote 0

Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Do you want to get married, one day? It doesn't have to be tomorrow, but one day down the line. There are some people who are eager to get married, others who are not so sure and others who are committed to lifelong singlehood for different reasons. Why one are you?

Yes, I do. I think now more then any time in my life that I've wanted to be married and to be a wife. I don't know if its my age or the circumstances of my life in the last year but my heart and soul wants and know I am ready to reach that point someday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I want children more than I want to get married.
This.

My desire to be a mother is greater than my desire to be married. Instinctively, I have that need to be coupled with someone for the rest of my life, but intellectually I know it doesn't always go so smoothly. So, I'm torn.

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This.

My desire to be a mother is greater than my desire to be married. Instinctively, I have that need to be coupled with someone for the rest of my life, but intellectually I know it doesn't always go so smoothly. So, I'm torn.

Can't let one Apple spoil the whole bunch Sarah :hug: I'm sure there's plenty of guys who would love to share your time with you! The real you! :p

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Can't let one Apple spoil the whole bunch Sarah :hug: I'm sure there's plenty of guys who would love to share your time with you! The real you! :p
Maybe I just have low self-esteem or something, but I couldn't imagine a man wanting to stick around me for too long. :shrug:

Upvote 0