Michigan
✟15,068.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Maybe I just have low self-esteem or something, but I couldn't imagine a man wanting to stick around me for too long. :shrug:

I can relate to what you're saying. I have low self-esteem as well. You're a sweet lady and I'm sure there's someone out there for you. :hug:

Upvote 0

Shadolus

Saved By Grace
May 4, 2009
God's Kingdom
✟18,390.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This pretty much sums up my views as well. I would love to have that deep of a relationship with a man that would make us both want to spend the rest of our lives together. I have no idea if I'll ever get that opportunity for a multitude of reasons, but I know I can trust God with it. I also realize marriage is not a guarantee for anyone in this life and would definitely rather remain single than be in a bad relationship of any type again.

I believe this wholeheartedly. God gives us our desires and passions for a reason. Sometimes we just have to be patient and grow into the person who can handle the reality of those desires before receiving them.

Yup, we need to absolutely grow into that person. But it's cool that we get to have that desire and a hope of it coming true and when it does, ususally God is the only anwer/reason for it happening, thus strengthening our faith.

Reactions: Thunder Peel
Upvote 0
Dec 5, 2004
Brisbane
✟22,840.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Labor
Did I want to get married? Yes.. my whole being wanted to be with one person for the rest of my life.

Do I want to get married? I don't know. I dont want to go through the trial and error of trying to find the one.. my heart has been broken once I cant go through that hurt again. and I still have feelings for someone and i dont think those feelings will ever fully dissapear. I wouldnt want to marry someone I couldn't love fully and wholeheartedly because it wouldnt be fair for that person.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Has anyone else always dreamed of marriage/romance, but not children or the typical home/family life? I've been romantic ever since I was a tiny little tot, but I never wanted kids, and never, ever wanted to be a housewife. I imagined myself trotting all over the globe, having grand adventures, my husband/lover by my side. Who knows if I'll find that later in life? Only God knows, but I sure hope it still happens :)

Am I the only one?

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Has anyone else always dreamed of marriage/romance, but not children or the typical home/family life? I've been romantic ever since I was a tiny little tot, but I never wanted kids, and never, ever wanted to be a housewife. I imagined myself trotting all over the globe, having grand adventures, my husband/lover by my side. Who knows if I'll find that later in life? Only God knows, but I sure hope it still happens :)

Am I the only one?

I some feel this way some days. While I do want little tots at some point, it'd be nice to go like 5 or so years without having them around, so I can focus on building a strong romantic link with my future wife, whomever she may be, if God allows that.

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Am I the only one?

:ahah:

I'm the opposite. I want to magically skip the meeting, dating, marrying, first years and go right into the settled-in-with-kids suburb life :D

Isn't it always that you don't want what you have? LOL

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you want to get married, one day? It doesn't have to be tomorrow, but one day down the line. There are some people who are eager to get married, others who are not so sure and others who are committed to lifelong singlehood for different reasons. Why one are you?

I have been married (widower) and would be so again - with the right woman. I have a good deal of what most people want - but would give it away in a heartbeat to have true and lasting love again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Yes. I'm in my 30's now. I can't even answer relationship questions without assuming that marriage is the goal for my romantic relationships. In my teenage years, I knew that I was not going to get married in my 20's. In my 20's, the word wasn't even on my lips. I never wanted that for those years. Children, either. So far, I'm doing alright by those goals. We'll see what the 30's brings. (And apparently I don't look too bad for my age cuz my 7 year old niece thinks I look too young to have her when people assume I'm her mom). ^_^ Whatever, I'll take it! :nono:

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
For some reason, after I turned 34, I started getting email offers from The Scooter Store.

:234:

Talk about disheartening.

Never get on a mailing list from Naturalizer or stores of the like. I had a friend who worked there and I got on their mailing list and suddenly I was getting all these orthotic/adult hoveround/pacemaker mailings. It's not cuz you're old. It's because their marketing department sucks. ;)

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
For some reason, after I turned 34, I started getting email offers from The Scooter Store.

:234:

Talk about disheartening.

Eh, I get the most random emails...Male enhancements, Something about new comfortable bras (lolwut), and my favorites are all the spam mails about joining such and such islamic university. Silly spammers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Eh, I get the most random emails...Male enhancements, Something about new comfortable bras (lolwut), and my favorites are all the spam mails about joining such and such islamic university. Silly spammers.

Ah yes, those are fun. I love getting warnings about prostate health and how it can lead to a healthy sex life. At least I'll never have to worry about that.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Never get on a mailing list from Naturalizer or stores of the like. I had a friend who worked there and I got on their mailing list and suddenly I was getting all these orthotic/adult hoveround/pacemaker mailings. It's not cuz you're old. It's because their marketing department sucks. ;)

It's not cause I'm old? Darn. I was so excited about go-go-going on my Hoveround. Indoors, outdoors, all over town. Yippee.

Upvote 0

Rose of Eden

Queen of CF and Child of God
Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I want to magically skip the meeting, dating, marrying, first years and go right into the settled-in-with-kids suburb life :D

Haha I used to want exactly this! ^_^

But the funny thing is that now, it's almost the last thing I want! ^_^ I think I'd go crazy in a cookie cutter, domesticated, suburb, soccer mom type life.

Now I hope for something along the lines of these:

I some feel this way some days. While I do want little tots at some point, it'd be nice to go like 5 or so years without having them around, so I can focus on building a strong romantic link with my future wife, whomever she may be, if God allows that.

Upvote 0