Do you ever get spooked by feeling him?

RivenSoul

Sep 18, 2015
✟15,167.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry for the lack of a better title.. I just don't know what to call it.
Like, It's amazing but spooky to feel him at the same time. I've always been a Christian but only recently am I really trying, really trying to listen and learn and talk with him and grow.

And now it's like sermons seem like they're directed at me.. even tho they're podcasts recorded months ago. Even right down to this one morning I was having the most difficult time and the podcast I just happened to have downloaded on my phone for the ride to work happened to be exactly what I was upset about and spoke to me.

Songs are hitting me. Like, for weeks Ive been finding comfort in the song after seeing it in concert "Just be held" by Casting Crowns it's comfort and gutting at the same time. And Lately, Ive been feeling like something is beating me down, over and over, shoving me to the ground on purpose. And I think that was God making me realize now is the time to change. And then, listening to that song weeks and weeks later it just clicked.. the lyrics fit perfectly to how I feel and now when I hear the song it's this overwhelming, have to cry, "I hear you" type feeling.

And then even tonight, joining this forum and posting I feel him in my chest. I feel more fulfilled.. At the same time, I'm so scared that this will go away because I'm all on my own and it's going to be so hard to keep up with it and work at it with depression and stuff.

I dunno, like It's amazing, and spooky. What are your thoughts? What are some of your examples of feeling him?

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

[2] Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1John

Upvote 0

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
lol Yea, ''spooky'' might not be the right word. But, I know what you're saying. I had left Christianity, completely until last week. I was identifying as an atheist/agnostic...but last week, I felt something. Like a true movement or feeling when I was at work. And I thought, what was that? It was Jesus. Those were the words that went through my head, as if by accident. And it changed me. I've never felt this way in all the years of following Christianity before I left it.

Jesus is not far away, he is right here. And He lets us leave, and seeks us when we do. I can honestly attest to that, it's not just something I've read. :heart:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
lol Yea, ''spooky'' might not be the right word. But, I know what you're saying. I had left Christianity, completely until last week. I was identifying as an atheist/agnostic...but last week, I felt something. Like a true movement or feeling when I was at work. And I thought, what was that? It was Jesus. Those were the words that went through my head, as if by accident. And it changed me. I've never felt this way in all the years of following Christianity before I left it.

Jesus is not far away, he is right here. And He lets us leave, and seeks us when we do. I can honestly attest to that, it's not just something I've read. :heart:

Praise God for your return!
In this world of strange days, its good to hear the Child of God has come home again.

Upvote 0

Chicken Little

Jun 11, 2010
mid-Americauna
✟3,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Like, It's amazing but spooky to feel him at the same time. I've always been a Christian but only recently am I really trying, really trying to listen and learn and talk with him and grow.

And now it's like sermons seem like they're directed at me.. even tho they're podcasts recorded months ago. Even right down to this one morning I was having the most difficult time and the podcast I just happened to have downloaded on my phone for the ride to work happened to be exactly what I was upset about and spoke to me.

Songs are hitting me. Like, for weeks Ive been finding comfort in the song after seeing it in concert "Just be held" by Casting Crowns it's comfort and gutting at the same time. And Lately, Ive been feeling like something is beating me down, over and over, shoving me to the ground on purpose. And I think that was God making me realize now is the time to change. And then, listening to that song weeks and weeks later it just clicked.. the lyrics fit perfectly to how I feel and now when I hear the song it's this overwhelming, have to cry, "I hear you" type feeling.

And then even tonight, joining this forum and posting I feel him in my chest. I feel more fulfilled.. At the same time, I'm so scared that this will go away because I'm all on my own and it's going to be so hard to keep up with it and work at it with depression and stuff.

I dunno, like It's amazing, and spooky. What are your thoughts? What are some of your examples of feeling him?

yes how does that go ?
it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God..
but it is always a little bit like a huge rollercoaster.. or jumping out of an airplane. your going to get some great scenery and a change of location every time .
at first he is very very scary because you don't know what it is. and it will be always different because he needs you to trust him and not in your hearing or your ability to hear but trust in his ability to talk to you how ever he needs to get you to understand it . for us to get a new thing we have to hear it like 13++ times for it to just register that is if they don't have any cognitive dissonance about the subject . so by the time we
"get it " he may have said it 50 Times in 50 different ways in hopes it registers in us deeper than just another mere observations or mere sounds. once it is Heard by us inside we can look back and see all the times he said it in his word , by people or even Balaams donkey. and how he said that will also speak volumes about the subject.
yes sometimes it can be kind of like that car 'Bubble bee' on transformers only everything in your life is the radio.. or everything you hear for days is the same thing over and over from every tv show or preacher or for me , my hubby , I play the bible on Ipod a lot of the time. sometime words jump off the page or out of the speakers and it is like they echo they are so Deep and then you are driven to understand those things and go into finding them and the meanings of his words and in is word.

I was just watching a end times you\tube and it was showing all the 9 23 2015 's that have been in disaster movies in the last few years , like someone setting up a false images and it ain't God .. no doubt these concepts of our lack of sight and easily swayed ( or more easily brainwashed ) are being used by not just God to draw us to a knowledge of him , but men and the enemy of mans soul too. so yes we need to be careful and watch because not just God knows how we learn and can he control that learning and discovery and but they all can manipulate all those secrets of our inferiority and inability to discern who is speaking.
Jesus will make sure you know his voice from all the other demanding manipulators .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oscuro

Sep 13, 2015
✟15,144.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

[2] Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
1John
I'm glad some one here brought the word of god into it , every one seems to have gone "feelings" crazy . we walk by faith not by sight . we stand on the truth of the word of God not on feelings . feelings are flesh ,feelings can be deceiving .

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've had and continue to have blessed experiences that come from only One source, the Holy Spirit. They are what some folks refer to as "glory bumps," also a deep, deep awareness of His Presence. What joy!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

de1929

May 5, 2015
✟1,167.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

i am pentecostal, so i shop between pentecostal churches to get best of all :D

one church good at praise and worship, so during the praise and worship surely you can feel the joy (i dun wana write spookey but what i mean is there), the tinggling, the crying, the shout. during speaking in tongue, GOD's presence is there, very thick, very lovely.. but during sermon, just fine.

one church have uplifting sermon. e.g. joel osteen church. great message, feel uplifting during sermon... praise n worship, standard...

i do have my "home church"... feels nothing, everything standard, but the relationship is there. 2 churches above offers no relationship at all, unless i relocate... because the purpose i go to 2 churches above are not to find family / build relationship. i already have at my home church.

i don't recommend you to go to 3 churches, but surely, let Holy Spirit leads you. don't limit HIM.

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I use to cry when the Holy Spirit came upon me, but now we are such good friends that I just say. "Hello Jesus"

I'm alone a lot and feel comforted by Him all day.

You need to decern which spirit is moving you however ... the devil can pretend to be God in words and in making you feel goose bumps all over. Oswald Chambers said that we should never let any experience or emotion come between us and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Bottom line make sure that old devil is not faking you out, because if the devil couldn't deceive you he wouldn't try now would he?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I use to cry when the Holy Spirit came upon me, but now we are such good friends that I just say. "Hello Jesus"

I'm alone a lot and feel comforted by Him all day.

You need to decern which spirit is moving you however ... the devil can pretend to be God in words and in making you feel goose bumps all over. Oswald Chambers said that we should never let any experience or emotion come between us and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Bottom line make sure that old devil is not faking you out, because if the devil couldn't deceive you he wouldn't try now would he?

You can tell a fake, the devil is a liar so you know you are being pushed the wrong way.
There is no doubt or confusion when The Holy Spirit is manifest you need not wonder.

Reactions: camphigrades
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Having the Holy Spirit with you indwelling your being, is a great comfort just as our Lord said he would not leave us or forsake us.

The Holy Spirit was referred to by Christ as the Comforter ,and Christ performed great miracle's by his presence.

Only the individual knows if the Holy Spirit indwels them, things are brought to light that only God could know.
Being raised Baptist,we were not taught the complete knowledge of the Holy Spirit, it seemed the Power was on reserve by the Pastor or Preacher.

It almost was like the congregation were not qualified to confess such power and joy.

It took me a second time around by going to a independent fundamental Baptist Church to see the truth that was being restrained from the Congregation.
Growing up my Dad was a strong anointed Preacher that you could see the Spirit come over him in the pulpit as the verses would be spoken effortlessly.

I simply thought I was not called to Preach so The Holy Spirit was with me but would not manifest.

Then going to the Fundamental Church I knew something was missing,no anointed sermons,and a beat down telling us what God would do.
I started reading Gods word cover to cover and in time I matured by knowing what is all of ours.
I started listening to full Gospel Preachers,and compared their teaching with what Gods Word says.
I learned to listen for Gods voice to listen to my inner witness,God never failed me , I fell short of his will but he never let me go.
I cannot fully explain the Baptism of the Holy Ghost as the King James uses the noun Ghost.
Having the Baptism of the Holy Ghost is something you will always have ,a great joy ,a mighty presence of God touching your being in that you are never the same again.
I do not debate whether tongues are or are not part of it, I received the gift to a small degree before I was Baptized in the fullness of the power.
For over a hour I prayed in tongues and worshiped the Father,nothing else mattered but God.

It changed my life for the better and I am still learning and seeking Gods wisdom,seeking to give him all the glory and do his will by my witness or anything he puts in my path.
Satan has lied to Gods people from the beginning, and if he can keep you from walking closer Spiritually he will.
Don't be surprised if people roll their eyes when you say I have been in Gods presence and have talked with God.
Satan was and is a murderer and a liar from the beginning.

God Bless

Reactions: camphigrades
Upvote 0