Do you believe someone can be demonically possessed? Are drugs the gateway to possession?

Do you think drugs are a gateway to possession?

• Yes

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I voted maybe, because it largely depends of what kind of drugs, how much is used, etc.

G5331
φαρμακεία
pharmakeia
far-mak-i'-ah
From G5332; medication (“pharmacy”), that is, (by extension) magic (literal or figurative): - sorcery, witchcraft.

The kind of drugs associated with sorcery and witchcraft are a 'gateway', esp. if used extensively in high dosages.

Those would be in the 'mind altering' or psychoactive, psychotrophic class.

Very good post,not many people understand the origins of poison and altering and combining natural substances into weapons of harm.
Pharmakeia/ Pharmacy is indeed crafting drugs to alter humans.
The most common abuse is with legal prescription drugs.
I simply do not understand considering the wide spread abuse,why they write these prescriptions
But it is a gold mine for drug companies to have so many addicted to their pills.
One thing I have always found to be odd when referring to alcohol is the term Spirits or a phrase like Spirits served here.
I do believe some drugs are a gateway to the occult,if you look at some of the tattoos of people addicted to drugs and alcohol you can see demonic symbolism marked into their skin.
When you are around someone who is severely addicted indeed you can feel another presence with them.
They are out to kill steal and destroy,I met a funeral director who averaged one per week dead from overdose.
Families are destroyed in the process along with the person who is afflicted.
I knew a young girl with kids who was up to fifty pills a day,it seemed hopeless rehab was no use because drug dealers stalk rehab centers.
But God had other plans,She was taken to a Church rehab ministry and after almost a year found the Lord and was clean completely restored back to her family.
You would not think it was the same person,instead of evil you could see what the Lord had done.
She returned to a joyful mother who had 2 more children after.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In our day and age there is a scientific answer for everything it seems. It's funny to think people refused to believe the Earth was round yet we have people nowaday's that believe a baby made from 3 different people is the evolution of science and a miracle. I'm 16 by the way, so I don't know as much as I probably should about the bible, but I've seen some pretty creepy stuff but for right now I'm just going to mention this one incident that occurred last night. So my mom and I were at Walmart picking out some new shelves for my room. We found one we really liked so my mom asked me to go get a shopping cart from the front. I did what she said and it took me a while to get it because it was at the front of the store--10 minutes later I make it back. Now I already detest Walmart. God bless Doug McMillon, president and CEO of Walmart Store lol.

But back to the serious topic, as my mom and I are putting the heavy box in the shopping cart, this man begins to walk towards us, but it isn't a slow casual walk. It's a frantic, bouncy walk. It worries me a little, and usually when I'm worried about a particular person it's never a good sign. My mom believe's I have the gift of discernment, and if you don't know what that is it's basically when I feel that the holy spirit is letting me know something isn't quite right. I'm sure everyone is blessed with this, but sometimes I notice things that others are oblivious too. But enough of that... so this guy just gave me a strange feeling. I was helping my mom put the box in the shopping cart and he walks past and I don't know if you've ever had the feeling of someone standing right behind you with a knife to your back but that was the kind of feeling I got. Like I was in danger, and right when I felt that he said something under his breath. I could clearly pick out the f-word because it shocked me but I couldn't figure out what else he was saying. My eyes widened and my mom asked me what was wrong. I said "did you not hear that?" and she said "Yeah I just ignore childish people like that. It's not even worth my time." But I was at a loss for words. I wasn't angry, or upset.. I was just confused. I told my mom that I felt confused as well, and I tried to convince myself that maybe he was mad because we were in the way. This is when things started to get scary, and my mom began to feel scared to. After we put the box in the shopping cart we went down another isle, and we could hear the guy yelling something in the distant. For whatever reason I couldn't make out what he was saying--it was clearly English but it was slurred and because he was a ways away I couldn't tell what he was saying. We walked down the isle some more and this is when we saw him on the other end to our left. He had to have walked there quickly in order to get there, because we had heard him to our right not even moments before. But I looked at his eyes for a short 2 seconds and I had to look away from the amount of evil I felt. Like, I just remember his eyes being black.. But like a shiny black.. It was strange. He walked towards us as if he was coming to us but last minute he turned the other way. My mom and I were done looking after this. We felt scared that this guy would do something crazy like shoot or stab us. We walked out and we could hear him yelling nonsense but we were just ready to leave.

So I'm curious as to what you all think--I think it's definitely possible for someone to be demonically possessed. The worldly answer would be to say that this guy was on drugs, but I believe it's more than that. Do you think drugs can be a gateway to possession as well?? I'd like to know your views on this.
IMO it is very likely that drugs can be a gateway to Demonic influence, but it seems that it also takes the active will of a person, welcoming and housing the entity in order for a possesion to actually take place.

It is also true that this person is likely to be mentally ill or simply under the influence of drugs, but if he has chosen to pursue a calculated course of action against a person while in this state it is also possible that something is using his screwed up state as a way to play some games.

Physical manifestations like this are calculated to have exactly the effect that they had on you, they do not reflect the degree of posession, if any at all. Our enemy is a deceiver and it is more likely that a person completely under the influence of the evil one will be a very rational and nice person.

It never cease to amaze me however that people who beleive in Christ are scared by such things. We should be taking the upper hand against the evil in this world. We, because of Christ Jesus in us and through us, do have the authority of God against our defeated enemy.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
agreed. those who are possessed do know who is spirit-filled, and they hate them because they hate Jesus.

Amen and God Bless you as well I have missed your post and strength.
Odd for me to stumble in here and read your post,just today I had a Pastor and a Shriner both stare at me with venom in their eyes.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The most common abuse is with legal prescription drugs.
I simply do not understand considering the wide spread abuse,why they write these prescriptions
But it is a gold mine for drug companies to have so many addicted to their pills.
Yes. And it might not depend on which drugs nor how much of them,
but
rather who is someone TRUSTING and RELYING ON.
Since the BIBLE says the "whole world" will be (is today) deceived by the pharmacy, 'pharmakeia' ,
think about this- how many people are deceived by witches or sorcerers ? and how many people are TRUSTING and RELYING on drugs they are addicted to ?
The number is beyond staggering. It truly is the whole world .....

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes. And it might not depend on which drugs nor how much of them,
but
rather who is someone TRUSTING and RELYING ON.
Since the BIBLE says the "whole world" will be (is today) deceived by the pharmacy, 'pharmakeia' ,
think about this- how many people are deceived by witches or sorcerers ? and how many people are TRUSTING and RELYING on drugs they are addicted to ?
The number is beyond staggering. It truly is the whole world .....

I agree ,today it is not for cure but for treatment that is life long.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I agree ,today it is not for cure but for treatment that is life long.
Yes, which is tragic and bankrupting most countries on purpose.
When I went thru the initiation and schools and training and worked in hospital pharmacies,
NO ONE, not one person, anywhere, had warned me about this.
Now , thankfully, many people know ; though not many compared to those who are still addicted/ deceived.
Again, thankfully, many more people know to look for the prevention and the cure and if they keep looking they find it most of the time (it's not always, but yes, most of the time IF they keep looking),
and then it only cost pennies on the dollar ! (besides helping them best of all )

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
It is a very profound thing that we are discussing and a topic many do not like to jump into.
We are in this World but not of this World,we recognize other spitural beings good and bad.

One thing I have noticed,there are big ones and small ones out there who know us.
When I have been around a powerful evil I get sick to my stomach,I cannot say why but I know somthing very bad is around when this sign comes over me.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In our day and age there is a scientific answer for everything it seems. It's funny to think people refused to believe the Earth was round yet we have people nowaday's that believe a baby made from 3 different people is the evolution of science and a miracle. I'm 16 by the way, so I don't know as much as I probably should about the bible, but I've seen some pretty creepy stuff but for right now I'm just going to mention this one incident that occurred last night. So my mom and I were at Walmart picking out some new shelves for my room. We found one we really liked so my mom asked me to go get a shopping cart from the front. I did what she said and it took me a while to get it because it was at the front of the store--10 minutes later I make it back. Now I already detest Walmart. God bless Doug McMillon, president and CEO of Walmart Store lol.

But back to the serious topic, as my mom and I are putting the heavy box in the shopping cart, this man begins to walk towards us, but it isn't a slow casual walk. It's a frantic, bouncy walk. It worries me a little, and usually when I'm worried about a particular person it's never a good sign. My mom believe's I have the gift of discernment, and if you don't know what that is it's basically when I feel that the holy spirit is letting me know something isn't quite right. I'm sure everyone is blessed with this, but sometimes I notice things that others are oblivious too. But enough of that... so this guy just gave me a strange feeling. I was helping my mom put the box in the shopping cart and he walks past and I don't know if you've ever had the feeling of someone standing right behind you with a knife to your back but that was the kind of feeling I got. Like I was in danger, and right when I felt that he said something under his breath. I could clearly pick out the f-word because it shocked me but I couldn't figure out what else he was saying. My eyes widened and my mom asked me what was wrong. I said "did you not hear that?" and she said "Yeah I just ignore childish people like that. It's not even worth my time." But I was at a loss for words. I wasn't angry, or upset.. I was just confused. I told my mom that I felt confused as well, and I tried to convince myself that maybe he was mad because we were in the way. This is when things started to get scary, and my mom began to feel scared to. After we put the box in the shopping cart we went down another isle, and we could hear the guy yelling something in the distant. For whatever reason I couldn't make out what he was saying--it was clearly English but it was slurred and because he was a ways away I couldn't tell what he was saying. We walked down the isle some more and this is when we saw him on the other end to our left. He had to have walked there quickly in order to get there, because we had heard him to our right not even moments before. But I looked at his eyes for a short 2 seconds and I had to look away from the amount of evil I felt. Like, I just remember his eyes being black.. But like a shiny black.. It was strange. He walked towards us as if he was coming to us but last minute he turned the other way. My mom and I were done looking after this. We felt scared that this guy would do something crazy like shoot or stab us. We walked out and we could hear him yelling nonsense but we were just ready to leave.

So I'm curious as to what you all think--I think it's definitely possible for someone to be demonically possessed. The worldly answer would be to say that this guy was on drugs, but I believe it's more than that. Do you think drugs can be a gateway to possession as well?? I'd like to know your views on this.
I believe that sometimes, our spirits in us sense, and can even detect one another, or each others spirits... I've experienced this personally, first hand, both when I myself use to have demon's in me, and after that with the Holy Spirit now in me... With certain people who are sensitive to these things, you can detect each other, and even know each other's thoughts and feelings through spirits in us, holy or unholy... I believe yours is a holy one though dear, and his was not... Like I said, I've been on both sides of the fence, and there were and are times, when, with certain, (and I believe you are, and will increase in becoming in your life, as you get older), certain "spiritual" and "spirit sensitive" people, like you are, I think...

I've experienced times on both sides, when other's could basically read my thoughts and intentions (feelings) in my heart and I could read theirs also, sometimes, with certain people... I got messages about certain people about what they were thinking, but, I never spoke or revealed it, and others have gotten messages from the spirit in them, and some did voice it, toward me, and it was very clear that they knew exactly what I was thinking, and there's no way they could have know it, except by revelation by a spirit in them only...

I believe you should get into your Bible when you can or feel like it, as much as you can as you grow up (get older and older) try to spend some time in it, and learn to listen to that feeling and inner voice and "train" yourself in and with it, both in praying and talking to and with God, and scripture when you can... Holy and unholy don't get along most of the time, not always, but most of the time... A stronger more mature spirit on either end, can sometimes at least be "civil" with each other at best... Your's is immature right now, and I think his was also, be sure to try and mature in it and with it though, as you age...

About drugs... They can be, but any and all sin can be... But, not always is or are... You also have to account for the fact that sometimes people do or do drugs or do much sin because of demons in the first place... It's hard to tell and know what this is for each person for sure... Just try to keep in mind that sometimes, not always, but sometimes, people don't willingly choose or even open a door knowingly anyway, in order to become demon possessed or have problems with demons, and, sometimes they do, only God knows who is what and which...

What is usually much easier to tell, is which side of the fence you are on and what side of the fence other people are on... Like your experience in Wal-mart... Try to keep in mind that it may, or may not have been the man's fault though, cause you just don't know, only God does... This might eventually help you with the "fear factor" one day and lead you to reach out and try to help, even people that you may well know actually are demon-possessed, one day, in the future, when your ready...

For now, just learn all you can about this sixth sense and feeling and thoughts of yours about this, and do your best to grow, mature, and develop in it... You may well have an appointment with a kind of divine destiny and divine purpose, in your future ahead, learn all you can about it, try not to be afraid, K...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is a very profound thing that we are discussing and a topic many do not like to jump into.
We are in this World but not of this World,we recognize other spitural beings good and bad.

One thing I have noticed,there are big ones and small ones out there who know us.
When I have been around a powerful evil I get sick to my stomach,I cannot say why but I know somthing very bad is around when this sign comes over me.
Perhaps graciously the MASTER Y'SHUA MESSIAH
is warning you like a good shepherd would guard their sheep;
until later when the one who departs quickly will be that one that is evil.
'powerful' is only in human terms, until
you realize that Y'SHUA - HE WHO IS IN US, is FAR GREATER THAN HE WHO IS IN THE WORLD.
It is strange at first and then wonderful to see sometimes how fast a person under the influence will do all they can to depart quickly whenever a spirit-filled-empowered person who has been PURCHASED BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB comes into their presence.
IN FELLOWSHIP, instead of fleeing , the person so afflicted is easily set free while the demon is simply thrown out. There is no contest - for the believers it is win-win in CHRIST because the enemy has already lost- the battle belongs to YHWH in Y'SHUA, and HIS NAME is above every name : all authority in heaven and on earth and under the earth is subject to the NAME OF Y'SHUA.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Yes, which is tragic and bankrupting most countries on purpose.
When I went thru the initiation and schools and training and worked in hospital pharmacies,
NO ONE, not one person, anywhere, had warned me about this.
Now , thankfully, many people know ; though not many compared to those who are still addicted/ deceived.
Again, thankfully, many more people know to look for the prevention and the cure and if they keep looking they find it most of the time (it's not always, but yes, most of the time IF they keep looking),
and then it only cost pennies on the dollar ! (besides helping them best of all )

Mostly it is pain killers,but I know they could make non addictive ones.
If a person had to use them for long term it should be as easy to stop taking Aspirin to stop the drugs.
Opiates are used for the most part and some are as bad as street drugs to withdraw from.
We deserve better as advanced as we are today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Always test the spirits. (see in SCRIPTURE).
One woman at church was tricked and her faith destroyed by someone 'trusted'
who secretly taught her (as if it were possible)
the old trick of a pagan indian tribe that taught for over a century mysticism that included reading people's minds (thoughts) (which Y'SHUA never teaches) as far away as across the country, and supposedly communicating with them. It was totally foul and demonic and she has not recovered yet (since over a decade ago). Instead she is on oxygen and home medical care like hospice care, and still refuses to trust GOD or to trust anyone
until (hopefully) she is healed again.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
We deserve better as advanced as we are today.
ooopsie... is this a faux pas ?
Since around 1950 things have gooten daaily worsten.

In the next 2 years it is possible that an apparent 'turn around' will happen and
(deceptively) more and more people might be seemingly cured.

Like the honest doctors last century said - the ones in charge of the money deny it is possible , just like when they denied washing hands between patients, even from the morgue to the maternity ward, would make any difference.
It was over 50 years before they started washing their hands after a lot of pressure from other people and after losing a tremendous number of babies and women to infection, and other patients.
i.e. the cures that were available long ago, were denied the same way for the last 50 plus years. Now they will start "bringing them out" on the supposed basis of "new studies" and at a humongous higher cost (200,000 instead of 2,000 dollars).

Meanwhile, the natural simple methods that were used by the honest doctors for the last 100 years are still 'findable' and 'doable' , if someone looks long enough for them (if they are able to).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Anyway, no, drugs won't lead to being possessed unless the house is empty. (not filled with YHWH'S SPIRIT). That happens anyway, with or without drugs, as Y'SHUA'S parable illustrated when someone was 'cleaned up' (the demons cast out).
HE said if they did not get 'filled up' with YHWH'S SPIRIT,
the demon spirit or evil spirit, would roam around for a while
then come back with more demons worse than itself;
and if they found the house empty - they would move in !

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Jewish marriage. Please describe it to me from a primary Jewish source, not some Messianic preacher.

You seem to think you know everything, so "seek and you shall find"...I have discussed it previously...

Here are a couple sources for you:

Marriage. The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia, ed.Isaac Landman (New York:Universal Jewish Encyclopedia Co., Inc.,1948), 7, 372-373.

David R. Mace. Hebrew Marriage (New York: Philosophical Library, 1953), p.167.

Betrothal. The Jewish Encyclopedia, ed. Isidore Singer (New York: Funk and Wagnals Company, 1907), III, 126-26.

George F. Moore. Judaism (Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1946), II, 121.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Favourdsky

Jun 24, 2013
✟15,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
There are no such things as supernatural demons, so no, drugs cannot lead to possession by them.
Hi. I come from Africa and I tell you believe it or not demons are real, and in Africa we see demonized people. Even those involved in Idolatry and some image and item get possessed too.. Please lift up your eyes and see.. There is good there is bad there is truth there is lies there are angels there are demons there is God and there is Lucifer there is white and there is Black. Even in movies there is antagonist and there is protagonist.. May you get Understanding of my saying and may you Get the understanding of the truth.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
You seem to think you know everything, so "seek and you shall find"...I have discussed it previously...

Here are a couple sources for you:

Marriage. The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia, ed.Isaac Landman (New York:Universal Jewish Encyclopedia Co., Inc.,1948), 7, 372-373.

David R. Mace. Hebrew Marriage (New York: Philosophical Library, 1953), p.167.

Betrothal. The Jewish Encyclopedia, ed. Isidore Singer (New York: Funk and Wagnals Company, 1907), III, 126-26.

George F. Moore. Judaism (Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1946), II, 121.

If you are talking about Jewish marriage in the first century, a primary source would be one from that era. Could you please cite one for me?

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi. I come from Africa and I tell you believe it or not demons are real, and in Africa we see demonized people. Even those involved in Idolatry and some image and item get possessed too.. Please lift up your eyes and see.. There is good there is bad there is truth there is lies there are angels there are demons there is God and there is Lucifer there is white and there is Black. Even in movies there is antagonist and there is protagonist.. May you get Understanding of my saying and may you Get the understanding of the truth.

Or there is mass hysteria, psychological problems etc.

Why leap to the supernatural when there are natural explanations?

Upvote 0

Mateo1041

Jan 5, 2011
✟8,430.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have been reading the gospels for 50 years. Jesus lived in a culture that believed in demons, so I would expect that he did too. That doesn't mean they really exist.

So are you calling Jesus a liar? I'm not sure I understand your position. As both God and man, I'd think He'd kind of know the truth, right?

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
So are you calling Jesus a liar? I'm not sure I understand your position. As both God and man, I'd think He'd kind of know the truth, right?

You are the second one to accuse me of this in this thread. See post #41 for my response.

Upvote 0