Do you believe someone can be demonically possessed? Are drugs the gateway to possession?

Do you think drugs are a gateway to possession?

• Yes

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You are the one making extraordinary claims. The burden of proof is on you.
"For your argument to work your opponent has to accept your premise", that it is an extraordinary claim for a bible believing Christian. Which I do not. Therefore the burden of proof is yours.

Upvote 0

roamer_1

Jan 12, 2016
Northwest Montana, USA
✟23,570.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are the one making extraordinary claims. The burden of proof is on you.

How is it an extraordinary claim, when Yeshua and his disciples exorcised demons, and said we could/should be able to do the same?

The extraordinary claim (that demons do not exist), as a Bible believing Christian, is on YOU. Do you think the stories about Yeshua are lies?

Upvote 0

Imagican

old dude
Jan 14, 2006
Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Steve,

It's obvious that you've made up your mind and nothing anyone could offer is going to change it.

How do you propose that such a 'thing' could be proven to be true or false? From your perspective, it is merely opinion based upon the written Word.

I could offer personal experience but you would simply refuse to accept it.

Others have offered personal experience and you refuse to accept it. Which to me is basically calling them liars, or deluded or something else just as debasing.

The Bible describes it in pretty clear detail. I have experienced it in vivid detail. And the world around us reveals it to any able to open their eyes and 'see'.

What we have been offered in the Bible concerning prophecy has clearly been revealed to be 'the truth'. Everything that has been offered in prophecy has come to be as described thousands of years ago. This one fact in and of itself ought to be 'enough' to convince anyone willing to read what has been offered and compare it to the present that the Bible is 'the word of God'. How else could any such writing be so accurate when it comes to prophecy? Divine intervention is the ONLY answer.

And then there is what we have at our disposal so far as 'confessions' of those that have been possessed by demons.

Same stories over and over and over again. Not by those trying to use a 'story' for their defense. The same stories by those that have CONFESSED to their crimes. Often those that have turned themselves in after committing crimes. Picked up the phone and called in their own crimes and then told such similar stories as to be practically identical.

Go and read about Danny Rollings. Chapman, Andrea Yates, etc, etc,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the list is practically endless.

How often have you yourself heard someone say: "I just lost control"? If someone lost control but was still functioning, what WAS 'in control' if not 'themselves'?

Blessings,

MEC

Upvote 0