Do pets & animals go to heaven & do they have souls?

What do you think?

• They Have Souls

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • They Do Not Have Souls

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
what the heck..... man this emotionalism is getting to you'lls heads man we all had that teddy bear we loved or that dog or whatever but when they die that's it.. I mean each explanation gets more off each time. I mean you can also say becuase of an animal's lack of rationality...that is one reason they aren't going to heaven tbh.
Your response is completely based on "emotionalism". Scripture does not actually speak to the issue in any way.
Man has a special place in creation. Great, wonderful. Do God's furry and feathered children have no place at all, just because YOU say so? I think not. Better men than you have said different.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your response is completely based on "emotionalism". Scripture does not actually speak to the issue in any way.
Man has a special place in creation. Great, wonderful. Do God's furry and feathered children have no place at all, just because YOU say so? I think not. Better men than you have said different.

fair enough it is but it's simply a response to an emotionalism based argument. You tend to respond to emotion with emotion after all. And that's my point... scripture doesn't indicate there is some salvation process for animals or that they are gonna be up there, so why assume otherwise. And animals aren't children of God we were made in his own image, but nowhere does it state animals were made in his own image. They were given the breath of life that's it. We can even kill/eat any animal, but we aren't supposed to do with just any random human according to the bible I mean clearly we hold higher value.

And "better men" then you have supported my perspective...so i'm not sure how that gives you any leverage with your argument lol. IF you mean better as in more intelligent (i'm 19 so still gotta get through college until I can be classified as so I guess) then there are smart college educated people that argue both sides.

It's like evolution vs creationism, people with credentials argue either side. It's not dumb vs smart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Raymond G: " Don't want some of the angry posters in these thread there?"
bettercallpaul: "Yeah I think I'll be in Purgatory for a loooooong time!"

American humorist, Mark Twain, was once asked if he hoped make it to Heaven. He replied, "I'd choose Heaven for the climate, and Hell for the company."

Why do you conservatives want to reject the teaching of God's Word about animals in Heaven? The Bible teaches that Heaven contains "every creature" (Revelation 5:13), including horses to ride (19:11, 14) livestock (sheep, goats, cows), predators (lions, leopards, wolves--Isaiah 11:6-9), even snakes (65:25)! Yuck, I hate snakes, especially all those deadly Aussie snakes!
Do you think we'll be eating meat at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb?

True, Isaiah's animals are apparently relocated to the New Earth (Revelation 21:1), but the New Earth is, in my view, another name for Paradise (= Park, Garden), existing in a different dimension. It is not a remodeled Earth, which will "pass away," and remember, our Earth is the Water Planet, but the New Earth lacks a sea.

Let's look at the 3 reasons why the dreadful heresy of animal annihilationism arose from the Pit. (1) It arose from a myopic failure to recognize progressive revelation. One of the latest OT books, Daniel, offers the only clearcut teaching of postmortem human survival (12:1-3). That, indeed, is the scholarly consensus.

(2) The anti-pet cult rejectx a canine afterlife and trots out the pathetic cliché, "dead as a dog" because of OT texts like this:
"A living dog is better than a dead lion (Ecclesiastes 9:4)."
Ah, but if only the read the next verse! "The dead [humans] know nothing; they have no more reward, and even their memory is lost (9:5); or the previous verse: "The same fate comes to everyone (9:3)."

(3) This anti-pet cult uses the KJV which at times mistranslates "Sheol" as "Hell." Sheol, the abode of the dead, is not a realm of postmortem survival!

These facts raise 2 urgent theological questions:
(1) Is it possible to go to Heaven, if you reject the biblical teaching that pets survive death?
(2) Is it possible to go to Heaven, if you use the KJV? :)

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
fair enough it is but it's simply a response to an emotionalism based argument. You tend to respond to emotion with emotion after all. And that's my point... scripture doesn't indicate there is some salvation process for animals or that they are gonna be up there, so why assume otherwise. And animals aren't children of God we were made in his own image, but nowhere does it state animals were made in his own image. They were given the breath of life that's it. We can even kill/eat any animal, but we aren't supposed to do with just any random human according to the bible I mean clearly we hold higher value.

And "better men" then you have supported my perspective...so i'm not sure how that gives you any leverage with your argument lol. IF you mean better as in more intelligent (i'm 19 so still gotta get through college until I can be classified as so I guess) then there are smart college educated people that argue both sides.

It's like evolution vs creationism, people with credentials argue either side. It's not dumb vs smart.
They DON"T NEED A SALVATION PROCESS, they cannot sin. What could a duck possibly do to offend God? It's a duck.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They DON"T NEED A SALVATION PROCESS, they cannot sin. What could a duck possibly do to offend God? It's a duck.
That's the problem with this argument though... it's not right to say because something isn't rational it's perfect, it's just too dumb to do anything outside its role. Also I would argue it would be unfair if animals went to heaven tbh, they have it easy if that's the case while we the loved more favorite children (if you want to argue animals are children) have to be exposed to sin and the hardness of life and possibility of hell. And again if fish are so special why did Jesus himself just serve them to the multitude. Just feeding his children to his other children I guess?

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's the problem with this argument though... it's not right to say because something isn't rational it's perfect, it's just too dumb to do anything outside its role. Also I would argue it would be unfair if animals went to heaven tbh, they have it easy if that's the case while we the loved more favorite children (if you want to argue animals are children) have to be exposed to sin and the hardness of life and possibility of hell. And again if fish are so special why did Jesus himself just serve them to the multitude. Just feeding his children to his other children I guess?
?
Animals get eaten because some animals eat other animals. In fact, most do. That is the nature of a REAL world. Fish get eaten by people because they are convenient, and to a certain extent, that is their purpose for existing.
It's like asking "why do chickens lay eggs?", if they did not, nobody would keep chickens.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
?
Animals get eaten because some animals eat other animals. In fact, most do. That is the nature of a REAL world. Fish get eaten by people because they are convenient, and to a certain extent, that is their purpose for existing.
It's like asking "why do chickens lay eggs?", if they did not, nobody would keep chickens.

? I never questioned why a bear eats a fish?

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
zCE21QkbbS-2.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or unless everyone believes in the same thing as the people of the church of acts... everyone turns away from sin... gets baptized... gets holy ghost.

Heaven is suggested to be a certian size 1,500 square miles or so... few are going so it's easy to conclude that the few there have something in common.
If you desire a 1500sq ft gated community with gold streets and your pets....you will can get that. Nothing wrong with that...

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you desire a 1500sq ft gated community with gold streets and your pets....you will can get that. Nothing wrong with that...

If there is an established size already...then logically you can conclude there is an established set of components that will be in heaven... we don't just choose what we want in there. If you're trolling just let me know tbh.

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because the bear is hungry and the fish is there.

I never even mentioned animals eating other animals... that's what i'm saying lol. They eat each other so what? But if JESUS eats a fish and hands them out, that's rather interesting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Keep the trolling to a minimum, OK?
all I can say is then go back up and read the argument you responded to tbh. You didn't understand it. The one where I first mentioned JESUS eating the fish.

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
all I can say is then go back up and read the argument you responded to tbh. You didn't understand it. The one where I first mentioned JESUS eating the fish.
I am having a very difficult time finding your point, could you be more plain?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If there is an established size already...then logically you can conclude there is an established set of components that will be in heaven... we don't just choose what we want in there. If you're trolling just let me know tbh.
Eyes have not seen nor ear heard, neither has it entered into the hearts of men the things that God hath prepared. You can't even wrap your head around how it will be....best to stop trying to put God in a box.

Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think there is a strong argument to be made for either position. I choose to believe that they do because God loves all His creations and specially made each one, and for Him to just let them die and cease to exist would be counter-intuitive to that.

Upvote 0