ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We are never completely overwhelmed by faith-we can always turn back away from God. IOW, the reason that our choice is involved is simply because we can refuse to believe, following our own way instead. This is essentially what Adam did. All sin, in one way or another, is an act of disbelief or a confirmation of that preference for ourselves over God, a preference to doubt God's existence.
Can I ask you what you think exactly that Adam did? Because I believe that he was very sorry after he disobeyed God and knew the consequences of what would happen because of him not being obedient.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've prayed, asked for faith, tried talking to God, attend Church regularly, read the Bible, read religious books, and so on. Nothing has really happened yet.
You know almost every miracle that Jesus did while He was on earth mentions the faith of the person that it would happen as Jesus said it would.

I know sometimes it is hard to really have faith in someone that you cannot see and that you don't feel very close too. But most of us started off right where you are now, feeling that way so don't be discouraged.

Remember this, Jesus died to reconcile us back to God, back to Himself. The people in the Old Testament were waiting their entire lives hoping for the great Messiah that came after their deaths. What we have now with God should not be underestimated.

I would ask you to walk in faith. Real faith. Read His Word, the Bible and have faith that God cannot lie. He can't do it. It is not even a possibility, so we can believe what He says. He says that He will NEVER leave us or FORSAKE us.

Seek Him spiritually. Pray before you read the Bible that God will give you knowledge of what the verses mean spiritually and that it will touch your heart.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Many times the spiritual side is not nurtured and that is when I feel many people start using "logic" to understand or evaluate God, but God tells us that He has revealed Himself to us through His Word.
His Word is TRUTH.
Man uses a lot of things instead, including doctrine and practices and "logic", to try to be or appear to be something they are not.
Just read YHWH'S WORD, and do what HE says, and believe what HE says,
like the assembly in ACTS, EPHESIANS(before they were torn apart), PHILIPPIANS, and the ones spoken of "talking about HIM" in MALACHI, and holding fast the NAME OF Y'SHUA in REVELATION, et al.
YHWH'S WORD is TRUE.
Most people deny it with their lives. (as it is written).
Believe HIM. HE is LIFE.
Y'SHUA is FAITHFUL and TRUE. Men lie. Y'SHUA doesn't. (there are deceiving spirits saying 'this is true , this is true, listen now this is true.... ' but rejecting Y'SHUA MESSIAH WHO came in the flesh to die, and be raised never to die again)
Many are deceived. This is true. They reject the BIBLE. That's how to know. They reject MESSIAH Y'SHUA. That's how to know. As it is written.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
All pretty much all said they would not change anything they were doing and would not want to know the Christian God existed because they did not like Him.
It is not just atheists or agnostics or whoever's that do not like HIM. (or what they think of as "GOD")

Somewhere in a paraphrase/ commentary it reveals much like this: They (friends in church) will accept you gladly and welcome you,
until they discover that the God you serve
requires a total life change !
Then they (who used to say they were your friends at church) will turn on you and gnash at you with their teeth [vicious, mean-spirited, violent emotional and physical threats] and cast you out from their midst.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Can I ask you what you think exactly that Adam did? Because I believe that he was very sorry after he disobeyed God and knew the consequences of what would happen because of him not being obedient.
I think if Adam was repentant at the time then God would've forgiven/saved him right on the spot. But we're given no such indication of Adam's state of mind in Genesis. Shame, yes, but not change of heart. He had departed on a new journey, I believe, that most likely still ended up in his salvation/reunion with God-like the Prodigal, the long way home.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think if Adam was repentant at the time then God would've forgiven/saved him right on the spot. But we're given no such indication of Adam's state of mind in Genesis. Shame, yes, but not change of heart. He had departed on a new journey, I believe, that most likely still ended up in his salvation/reunion with God-like the Prodigal, the long way home.

And how could Adams sin be atoned for? That would have to happen before God and Adam could be reconciled again.

God is perfect, no sin. God cannot abide with sin.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And how could Adams sin be atoned for? That would have to happen before God and Adam could be reconciled again.

God is perfect, no sin. God cannot abide with sin.
Yes, God didn't abide with sin after humanity's exile from Eden, at least in the intimate way He communed with man in Eden. He didn't abandon man after the Fall either, however, as He had a plan for man's salvation all along. All who are saved, whether before or after Christ's coming, are saved by virtue of the atonement that He accomplished.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wanted to ask if you believe that you chose your beliefs, as opposed to, being compelled by the "evidence" to belief? As I look at my own self, I will admit that I did not choose what I believe, but that as I studied and understood, my belief was, in fact, compelled - that which I believe was irresistible to me.

But if you believe that you chose what to believe- could you tell me what were the alternative choices of belief that you could have chosen to believe instead of what you currently believe? For instance, if you are Catholic, could you have chosen to believe what Lutherans believe? If you are Christian, could you have chosen to believe as the atheist believes? Athiests, could you believe what Christians believe?

This question is open to all of every belief. So, did you choose what you believe? And, if so, what alternatives could you have chosen to believe, and why did you reject those alternatives in order to choose what you chose to believe?

As a bonus question for Christians: do you believe Lazarus chose to be resurrected from the dead? Or did Christ call him forth according to the choice of Christ?

I don't so much "believe" in God's existence as know He exists, and I have no more choice in that than in knowing that 1+1 equals 2.

And whether I beleive in God or not in the other sense (ie: whether I trust in Him - which is what Faith is) I have no choice in that either. God either places such in us or He does not.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don't so much "believe" in God's existence as know He exists, and I have no more choice in that than in knowing that 1+1 equals 2.

And whether I beleive in God or not in the other sense (ie: whether I trust in Him - which is what Faith is) I have no choice in that either. God either places such in us or He does not.
Okay, if that's all you want.
That's likely all you will get.

People get what they seek and keep seeking.
(YHWH'S WORD PROMISES THIS)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Okay, if that's all you want.
That's likely all you will get.

People get what they seek and keep seeking.
(YHWH'S WORD PROMISES THIS)

I have no idea what you mean there or how it is a response to what I have said. :scratch:

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I have no idea what you mean there or how it is a response to what I have said...
If you believe what you posted,
then that is how it will be for you.
(Unless and until YHWH intervenes
or you decide you want to find HIS KINGDOM)

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you believe what you posted,
then that is how it will be for you.
(Unless and until YHWH intervenes
or you decide you want to find HIS KINGDOM)

That still isn't an explanation. It's just a vague insinuation.

What do you mean by that?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That still isn't an explanation. It's just a vague insinuation.

What do you mean by that?
It's no vague insinuation.
I simply quoted you. What you said you have or want ?
YOU SAID IT. What you say , is that an insinuation ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, God didn't abide with sin after humanity's exile from Eden, at least in the intimate way He communed with man in Eden. He didn't abandon man after the Fall either, however, as He had a plan for man's salvation all along. All who are saved, whether before or after Christ's coming, are saved by virtue of the atonement that He accomplished.

But God couldn't just take him back. That was my point.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's no vague insinuation.
I simply quoted you. What you said you have or want ?
YOU SAID IT. What you say , is that an insinuation ?

The insinuation is that I do not seek God's kingdom.

Kindly explain how you came to that conclusion without simply repeating vague statements at me.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The insinuation is that I do not seek God's kingdom.

Kindly explain how you came to that conclusion without simply repeating vague statements at me.
EVERYONE who seeks HIS KINGDOM and keeps seeking HIS KINGDOM
has so much more than you said you have or want or even can have.

So if you want EVERYTHING HE PROMISES, instead of just what you think you can have,
seek HIS KINGDOM and KEEP SEEKING - HE GIVES WITHOUT MEASURE !

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
EVERYONE who seeks HIS KINGDOM and keeps seeking HIS KINGDOM
has so much more than you said you have or want or even can have.

So if you want EVERYTHING HE PROMISES, instead of just what you think you can have,
seek HIS KINGDOM and KEEP SEEKING - HE GIVES WITHOUT MEASURE !

Rigth, so you are just going to keep making vague claims without substantiating them.

That isn't a conversation. Its someone just repeating vague empty statements as if they somehow contain wisdom withing those statements.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
YOU POSTED THIS.
IS THIS ALL YOU WANT OR HOPE FOR ! ? (FROM THE CREATOR ? )

QUOTE="Inkfingers, post: 70307590, member: 353014"]I don't so much "believe" in God's existence as know He exists, and I have no more choice in that than in knowing that 1+1 equals 2.

And whether I beleive in God or not in the other sense (ie: whether I trust in Him - which is what Faith is) I have no choice in that either. God either places such in us or He does not. QUOTE

Upvote 0