did Jesus come to save all of humanity or did He just come for the jews ?

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
This is how I understand this....
James is not talking about the Law of Moses specifically, we know this because Abraham did not have the Law of Moses and Rehab had no knowledge of it either. Neither of the things they did that showed they had working, living faith were in the Law of Moses.
James is not saying to these Jewish believer that they must do the works of the Law to be justified but that they must have faith that causes works of faith, whatever those works may be. That the works one does is by faith.
Jas 2:8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
This is what Moses said, this is what Jesus said, this is what the apostles said.

Paul did not rebuke Peter when he was eating with the Gentiles. Only after when he saw,
Gal_2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

In other words, "You Peter, do not live in the manner the Jews do, so why are you compelling the Gentiles to live as the Jews do?"
So why did Peter do it, leave the Gentiles for the Jews?
Gal 2:12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.
Not because he feared God because he wasn't living in the manner the Jews do.

Who was NOT walking according to the truth of the gospel?
I stand by what I said. I don't understand why you don't see it.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
1Co 9:19 Although I am free from everyone's expectations, I have made myself a servant to all of them to win more people.
1Co 9:20 To the Jews I became like a Jew in order to win Jews. To those under the Law I became like a man under the Law, in order to win those under the Law (although I myself am not under the Law).
1Co 9:21 To those who do not have the Law, I became like a man who does not have the Law in order to win those who do not have the Law. However, I am not free from God's Law, but I'm subject to the Messiah's law.
1Co 9:22 To the weak I became weak in order to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some of them.
1Co 9:23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel in order to have a share in its blessings.
If I say we are interpreting the scriptures differently, why do you think that quoting more scriptures will accomplish anything. I will only continue interpreting them differently than you.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I stand by what I said. I don't understand why you don't see it.
When someone continues to post their views in several posts one might assume they are open to sharing and learning together. Sometimes, after examining the scriptures together we learn something new or at least have a better understanding of where the other person is coming from. Sometimes we just have to agree to disagree. :)

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The N.T. and the application of it is of utmost importance to ALL Christians:

We are all equally condemned under the LAW and ALL freely justified by FAITH in Christ Jesus.
Some miss out on these saving Truths of the N.T. :

What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. ~Romans 3:9

But now a righteousness from God, apart from the LAW, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in His blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— He did it to demonstrate His justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. ~Romans 3:21-26

Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the Law, locked up until faith should be revealed, So the LAW was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the LAW. ~Galations 3:23-25

The situation today is this:

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. ~Galations 3:28

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BECAUSE God himself has blinded them so that Gentiles could receive the Gospel.NO ONE deserves it.

30 What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; 31 but the people of Israel, who pursued the law as the way of righteousness, have not attained their goal. 32 Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone. 33 As it is written:

“See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes people to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall,
and the one who believes in him will never be put to shame.”

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
30 What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; 31 but the people of Israel, who pursued the law as the way of righteousness, have not attained their goal. 32 Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone. 33 As it is written:

“See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes people to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall,
and the one who believes in him will never be put to shame.”

The Jewish people can come to faith in Jesus just like the Gentile. Jesus is here for all.

Good verses.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟523,023.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Jewish people can come to faith in Jesus just like the Gentile. Jesus is here for all.

Good verses.

Yes indeed they can, I hope that my quoting these passages didn't make it look like I believed otherwise!
NO, that is not what I believe! Of course they can come to faith...my point here is ONLY that they won't find Him/Salvation via the LAW. That is made abundantly clear in Scripture. Though one might feel tempted to offer them a pass practicing LAW, one can see this is deadly.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0