did Jesus come to save all of humanity or did He just come for the jews ?

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You slandered me to begin with! Calling me a false teacher when I was just expressing an opinion! I am a Christian and your saying I am 'evil' just shows how little love you have for your neighbor. And that IS a commandment we are told to keep. That is what I am trying to do when defending our Messianic brothers and sister AND my Christian brethren.
Why not let OpenHeart talk, she is a Messianic Catholic. She knows what she and others who are Messianic believe.

You are not even of the same belief or culture. Defending something you do not know or understand is not the smartest thing.

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why not let OpenHeart talk, she is a Messianic Catholic. She knows what she and others who are Messianic believe.

You are not even of the same belief or culture. Defending something you do not know or understand is not the smartest thing.
Listen sweetie I WAS Messianic and went back to the Church so I do know what I am talking about.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Now if you read the New Testament you would see that it is by faith alone.
I've read the New Testament many times. The ONLY time it says faith ALONE is in James where it says NOT by faith ALONE.

Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You slandered me to begin with! Calling me a false teacher when I was just expressing an opinion! I am a Christian and your saying I am 'evil' just shows how little love you have for your neighbor. And that IS a commandment we are told to keep. That is what I am trying to do when defending our Messianic brothers and sister AND my Christian brethren.
I did not slander you at ALL. Your teaching is very flawed and not based on careful reading of Scripture. I pointed that out with Scripture, but you insisted you were right and knew better (actually it meant in the end that you feel you know better than Scripture) hence the Gospel of your own. I love my neighbor enough to show him his wrongs in order to help him on his path as well as to give praise. As for defending Messianic believers, greater love to show them is to show them the Truth so they may be saved...according to God's plan not theirs and tolerance and acceptance is a form of shallow love which cannot lead them to salvation.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've read the New Testament many times. The ONLY time it says faith ALONE is in James where it says NOT by faith ALONE.
If the Word says that we "are saved by faith in Jesus Christ" than that is enough.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Romans 3:24
and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 9:16
It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy

Rom. 3:22,
"even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction."

Rom. 4:3,
"For what does the Scripture say? "And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness."

Rom. 4:16,
"Therefore it is of faith that it might be according to grace, so that the promise might be sure to all the seed, not only to those who are of the law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all."

Rom. 5:1,
"therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Rom. 10:4
"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes."

Rom. 10:9-10
"that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; 10 for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Faith and alone are two separate words,not a compound word.

Read up on 'faith' that is the key word.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Listen sweetie I WAS Messianic and went back to the Church so I do know what I am talking about.
If you cannot support your views with scripture than it does not matter who you are.

We are debating scripture here. Your the one who is making it personal. I am not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
A mixture of truth and lies...the worse mess of belief, just like Zippy.
Circumcision is for observation of the LAW and for salvation is dead and it is a sin...for all believers!
Calling me a liar is a flame. Call me mistaken if you disagree.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
And what did God show Peter (who was a Jew) in his visions?

To no longer follow the Jewish food laws. That none of it was unclean. God had to show Peter three times this, but eventually it sunk in.
No, you misunderstand the meaning of the dream. The treif animals represented GENTILES. God was preparing Peter to go preach to Cornelius and accept him into the family of God. The dream had nothing to do with changing the food laws.

It wasn't until Peter got to Galatia that he got lazy and began eating treif. But even then, he still cared about the dietary laws because he was teaching them. He had a guilty conscience because he knew the missionaries from Jerusalem would rebuke him. Paul called him out on his hypocrisy too: Peter was doing the exact opposite of what he should have been doing. He should have not been teaching Gentiles to each kosher, while he himself should have been eating kosher.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You are quite right...don't think I can correct it
And here I hoped you spelled it like that on purpose because you were a hillbilly like me. Firey...pronounced Fi-Ree....sounds more righteous than Fiery....pronounced Fi-er-ee. Yeah I like it as it is:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Sounds quite odd for a Christian to quote the complete Jewish Bible...sorry I can not verify that nor give any credence to it nor do I wish to examine it for you to see how badly you understand it as I do not adhere to that faith...and James was there...what a different version than you gave...good night all.
the Complete Jewish Bible (complete means it has the NT) is a MESSIANIC Jewish translation. This means it uses Hebrew forms of words such as Torah for Law, Talmidim for disciples, Yeshua for Jesus. But it is not a translation of Judaism.

The version I gave from memory was a conglomerate of various translations. Rather than quote 5 different translations and have you try to piece them together, I chose one. They all mean the same thing. My assumption was that your reading comprehension was okay.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Calling me a liar is a flame. Call me mistaken if you disagree.

I am receiving email alerts so just now rechecking this site to see more posts...since I am signing off I don't intend to participate for the night, but this I shall answer immediately.
Not a flame...the word is lies, not liar. Often when things go utterly against Scripture I refer to them as lies. No, I feel you are still in need of pure Truth. I think I read that you said you read N.T. many times so I pray you come to the knowledge of the Truth and so are saved!

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,414.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
H
And here I hoped you spelled it like that on purpose because you were a hillbilly like me. Firey...pronounced Fi-Ree....sounds more righteous than Fiery....pronounced Fi-er-ee. Yeah I like it as it is:oldthumbsup:
HA! Well, It is what it is!

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, you misunderstand the meaning of the dream. The treif animals represented GENTILES. God was preparing Peter to go preach to Cornelius and accept him into the family of God. The dream had nothing to do with changing the food laws.

It wasn't until Peter got to Galatia that he got lazy and began eating treif. But even then, he still cared about the dietary laws because he was teaching them. He had a guilty conscience because he knew the missionaries from Jerusalem would rebuke him. Paul called him out on his hypocrisy too: Peter was doing the exact opposite of what he should have been doing. He should have not been teaching Gentiles to each kosher, while he himself should have been eating kosher.
No, I know what the dream was about. Right after that Peter started eating with the gentiles and following no more food laws like Paul.

It is you who do not understand.

When the Jewish people came, Peter pretended to eat only kosher food when he had been earlier eating with the gentiles. Paul called him out on pretending to be kosher when he earlier had been eating non-kosher with the gentiles, after the dream when God showed him that no food was unclean.

You need to read it again.

So, if the dream had nothing to do with changing food laws, how come right after the dream Peter stopped following food laws? Huh?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Except that
  1. it doesn't say faith alone.
  2. elsewhere it says we are justified by our works.
Each of those verses says by faith. Maybe that's not enough for you, but scripture interprets scripture and it is clear in the verses that I shared and I have more verses if you need them.

So what are your verses that say we are justified by our works?

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am receiving email alerts so just now rechecking this site to see more posts...since I am signing off I don't intend to participate for the night, but this I shall answer immediately.
Not a flame...the word is lies, not liar. Often when things go utterly against Scripture I refer to them as lies. No, I feel you are still in need of pure Truth. I think I read that you said you read N.T. many times so I pray you come to the knowledge of the Truth and so are saved!
I agree. Especially when we are talking scripture saying something is a lie is not calling the person a liar.

The mod's even tell us to refer to the post and not the poster.

So she cannot say that you called her a liar.

Upvote 0