✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Darn it.

Last month when the asteroid was supposed to wipe out all life I spent the day out with a umbrella.

Result? NO ASTEROID.

The day this firestorm was supposed to happen I was watering my grass.

Better luck next time guys!

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Don't mock too much, remember the story of Jonah. Ninevah was to be destroyed, Jonah was sent, they repented and G-d held off from destroying them.

Prayer and repentance can hold off time-wise that which is prophesied without date. It is the people who think they know the mind of G-d who dare to try and change that.

And yet the bible tells us that we will not know the time nor the date, so where in the world are you getting that prayer and repentance can do anything to put off the end of the world?

Reactions: jenny1972
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I guess today was the day the Earth was supposed to end...anybody see the fire?

Here is how my day went.

I was awoken by the sound of yelling. The cause was a bunch of students gathered over at the football field, with the cheerleaders screaming:

"Gimmie a T!"

"Gimmie a U!"

"Gimmie a L!" (they are cheerleaders, mind)

"Gimmie a C!"

"Whats that spell?"

And the crowd replied with "The Apocalypse!"

Then a hoard of Zombies lurched onto the field from the visitors section, all going JustOneWay. Then I saw Death, riding a DarkHorse. The horse kept saying "brinny, brinny, brinny..." There was a mother selling beer. A NightHawk with only one eye was sitting on her shoulder. An Armoured car drove by covered in Daisies. One of the zombies was making a tink tink sound as he shuffled by and the cheerleaders said "oh that is so cute." Suddenly all the cheerleaders tilted their heads down and pointed behind me, chanting "scorn!" I turned to see a guy driving a mini-van-chevy, wondering why he was ever born.

I saw fire in the end zone. A Monk was there, trying to immolate himself. However he was chopped into submission by a Cowboy who knew Karate. A Bear came up behind me, and growled that the One-thousandth and Sixth in the line of Grandviziers liked my post, but that the Four-hundredeth and Fifty-First in the line of Cows did not. There was a Seashale eating Sea Oats by the Sea Shore. The sky darkened as the sun was obscured by a Super Cloud. I wanted to go home but I had missed the last Flight of the Night.

I walked toward the gate, but stopped when I saw someone lying on the ground. I was told his name was Ben, and that someone has Stamped on him. Then everyone starting singing "Its a Family Tradition!" I rented a car from Avid Rent-a-Cars. The radio was playing "In Vino Veritas," a song by KW Crazy and the Sunshine band. The Audacious DJ was telling me to Light my Mind. I thought that would be Messy.

I drove home and sat back down on the couch, eating a Patchwork Orange.

Strange day.

On the other hand I have been really sick the last week so it could have been the meds...

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't mock too much, remember the story of Jonah. Ninevah was to be destroyed, Jonah was sent, they repented and G-d held off from destroying them.

Prayer and repentance can hold off time-wise that which is prophesied without date. It is the people who think they know the mind of G-d who dare to try and change that.

Well, making fun of them may not be the nicest thing but I draw the lane at actually killing them for making a false prophecy: :eek:
Deuteronomy 18:20-22 said:
20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.

21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken?

22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is how my day went.

I was awoken by the sound of yelling. The cause was a bunch of students gathered over at the football field, with the cheerleaders screaming:

"Gimmie a T!"

"Gimmie a U!"

"Gimmie a L!" (they are cheerleaders, mind)

"Gimmie a C!"

"Whats that spell?"

And the crowd replied with "The Apocalypse!"

Then a hoard of Zombies lurched onto the field from the visitors section, all going JustOneWay. Then I saw Death, riding a DarkHorse. The horse kept saying "brinny, brinny, brinny..." There was a mother selling beer. A NightHawk with only one eye was sitting on her shoulder. An Armoured car drove by covered in Daisies. One of the zombies was making a tink tink sound as he shuffled by and the cheerleaders said "oh that is so cute." Suddenly all the cheerleaders tilted their heads down and pointed behind me, chanting "scorn!" I turned to see a guy driving a mini-van-chevy, wondering why he was ever born.

I saw fire in the end zone. A Monk was there, trying to immolate himself. However he was chopped into submission by a Cowboy who knew Karate. A Bear came up behind me, and growled that the One-thousandth and Sixth in the line of Grandviziers liked my post, but that the Four-hundredeth and Fifty-First in the line of Cows did not. There was a Seashale eating Sea Oats by the Sea Shore. The sky darkened as the sun was obscured by a Super Cloud. I wanted to go home but I had missed the last Flight of the Night.

I walked toward the gate, but stopped when I saw someone lying on the ground. I was told his name was Ben, and that someone has Stamped on him. Then everyone starting singing "Its a Family Tradition!" I rented a car from Avid Rent-a-Cars. The radio was playing "In Vino Veritas," a song by KW Crazy and the Sunshine band. The Audacious DJ was telling me to Light my Mind. I thought that would be Messy.

I drove home and sat back down on the couch, eating a Patchwork Orange.

Strange day.

On the other hand I have been really sick the last week so it could have been the meds...

Dude...that made my day! Thanks! :oldthumbsup:
tulc(hopes you feel better!) :wave:

Reactions: Sistrin
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

How many times did Jonah give false predictions?

A better story for these people making all these predictions would be the Boy who cried wolf.

Reactions: TerranceL
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wasn't it supposed to end last month, too? Twice, I think, the 23rd and 28th were both dead certain this-time-for-sure locks, IIRC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

There's always a bunch of those predictions lol.

Although, they need to step up their game...the next prediction isn't until 2020.

What I do find a bit comical is that certain names show up more than once on the list :)...why would anyone take them seriously the 3rd time after they were wrong about the their first 2 predictions?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
wish I'd seen this a couple of years ago:
12143327_10153317590885805_3045237364778160602_n.jpg

it would have been handy!
tulc(will use it the next time!) ;)

Reactions: Goonie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was raptured away, ya'll are missing out, it's great up here in the clouds!
You have internet in heaven! And here I thought we had it down here only because obviously, it's the devil's tool.

How awesome that we have technology that can communicate across planes of existence!

Reactions: abysmul
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What I do find a bit comical is that certain names show up more than once on the list :)...why would anyone take them seriously the 3rd time after they were wrong about the their first 2 predictions?
Maybe those people are gamblers. If it didn't hit on the first two, it's just gotta hit on the third!

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Lulav said:

And yet the bible tells us that we will not know the time nor the date, so where in the world are you getting that prayer and repentance can do anything to put off the end of the world?
You misunderstood what I was saying. Exactly as you say the bible does not give a time or date yet these people make 'predictions' not prophecies.
They do so by taking certain things into account but because we can't know they don't have all the facts OR understanding that we are told only the Father knows when it will be. We are told to be aware, to be watchful and pray.

Now many have friends, family and loved ones who have yet to be saved. Praying for them to be saved may also be understood as praying for more time. Just as Jesus said that days will be shortened, they can also be lengthened to give everyone as much time as possible to repent and prayer for this to a merciful G-d can do just that. But there will come a time when enough is enough ( in our understanding) but when all who will be saved have been and the end will come.

If we look at these warnings from those studying their bibles you will realize that it is in fact a kick in the butt for those who have been holding off, on both sides.

Those who have found the L-RD but who hesitate to witness to their friends, loved ones etc and the other side is for those friends and loved ones to hear about this through social media, TV, blogs, etc. This plants seeds to both parties.

I hope I have explained it better for you. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, making fun of them may not be the nicest thing but I draw the lane at actually killing them for making a false prophecy: :eek:

tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

What are you 'just sayn'? :scratch:

Why did you quote from Deuteronomy, where did I say anything about killing anyone? As I said above, they aren't making prophecies, they are making an hypothesis from the information we have from the bible, current events, and interpretation.

Upvote 0

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
What are you 'just sayn'? :scratch:

Why did you quote from Deuteronomy, where did I say anything about killing anyone? As I said above, they aren't making prophecies, they are making an hypothesis from the information we have from the bible, current events, and interpretation.
If they are not making prophecies then we are not mocking prophets, rather, we are making fun of people who rely on their own understanding to try to out think God.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have a prophecy.

In the year 2020 a month will come, it will be called, "April".

This month will be irritating for anybody who has a stoner friend, more so than usual, for no longer will it just be April 20th... no...

It will be, April 2020! It'll be like a regular 4/20 but more irritating!

The level of irritation will increase until April 20th where it will reach max irritation at 4:20 am and continue until 4:20 pm, the irritation levels will begin to slack then before finally beginning to rapidly decrease as the day turns into the 21st.

BEWARE THE MONTH OF TRIBULATIONS!

BEWARE THE MONTH OF IRRITATIONS!

BEWARE 04/20/2020 4:20 AM 4:20 PM!

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have a prophecy.

In the year 2020 a month will come, it will be called, "April".

This month will be irritating for anybody who has a stoner friend, more so than usual, for no longer will it just be April 20th... no...

It will be, April 2020! It'll be like a regular 4/20 but more irritating!

The level of irritation will increase until April 20th where it will reach max irritation at 4:20 am and continue until 4:20 pm, the irritation levels will begin to slack then before finally beginning to rapidly decrease as the day turns into the 21st.

BEWARE THE MONTH OF TRIBULATIONS!

BEWARE THE MONTH OF IRRITATIONS!

BEWARE 04/20/2020 4:20 AM 4:20 PM!
I'm sure you could find a better use of your time? ;)

Upvote 0