Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You misunderstood what I was saying. Exactly as you say the bible does not give a time or date yet these people make 'predictions' not prophecies.
They do so by taking certain things into account but because we can't know they don't have all the facts OR understanding that we are told only the Father knows when it will be. We are told to be aware, to be watchful and pray.

Now many have friends, family and loved ones who have yet to be saved. Praying for them to be saved may also be understood as praying for more time. Just as Jesus said that days will be shortened, they can also be lengthened to give everyone as much time as possible to repent and prayer for this to a merciful G-d can do just that. But there will come a time when enough is enough ( in our understanding) but when all who will be saved have been and the end will come.

If we look at these warnings from those studying their bibles you will realize that it is in fact a kick in the butt for those who have been holding off, on both sides.

Those who have found the L-RD but who hesitate to witness to their friends, loved ones etc and the other side is for those friends and loved ones to hear about this through social media, TV, blogs, etc. This plants seeds to both parties.

I hope I have explained it better for you. :)

The only thing these date setters do is make all Christians look like idiots and make even Christians loose their faith--they do nothing good--they are not saving anyone--just the opposite!! I have not met a single person who has given their heart to the Lord due to this date setting baloney--it just made them more convinced there is nothing to all this "religious gunk" as some have put. He said if those days were not shortened there would be nothing left---He is shortening the days, not due to prayers, but to keep the carnage down for the elects sake--
(Mat 24:22) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Nobody is going to delay the coming of Christ---When the Father says it is time--that is it. He knows the day and the hour.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The only thing these date setters do is make all Christians look like idiots and make even Christians loose their faith--they do nothing good--they are not saving anyone--just the opposite!!
I agree, and perhaps that is part of the purpose. You can see this thread itself, started by a Christian yet there are Humanists, Atheists, Agnostics ie unbelievers posting and these are all in agreement. Perhaps one of the things this does is to separate the wheat from the chaff? Or better yet it is showing the parable of the seed.

Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and alone with joy receiveth it; 21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.​

I have not met a single person who has given their heart to the Lord due to this date setting baloney--it just made them more convinced there is nothing to all this "religious gunk" as some have put.
I'm sure you haven't meet all 7+ Billion people on the planet so you are just speculating with no sound facts. Again this is possibly the reason for it, to see who turns towards or away. ;)

He said if those days were not shortened there would be nothing left---He is shortening the days, not due to prayers, but to keep the carnage down for the elects sake--
Right, but you must have missed the other part attached to it.

Just as Jesus said that days will be shortened, they can also be lengthened to give everyone as much time as possible to repent and prayer for this to a merciful G-d can do just that. But there will come a time when enough is enough ( in our understanding) but when all who will be saved have been and the end will come.

(Mat 24:22) And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Nobody is going to delay the coming of Christ--

That is why I spoke of the book of Jonah, their demise was delayed it is an historical fact.

And this is also back up of that premise:

3"For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; For it will certainly come, it will not delay.

-When the Father says it is time--that is it. He knows the day and the hour.
Yes he does but it is not written for us to know but it doesn't hurt to study and look for his return.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yes---Jonah did warn Nineveh and they repented---Now---Had Jonah come back the second time--not so much would have happened---how about had he come back the 3, 4, 5, ....55th time?? At some point, long before the 55th time--somebody would have stoned him as a false prophet and they would have doubted that the 1st time he warned them was even true.

We should watch, we should study--not in fear but knowing that Christ is right around the corner and we should say so. But because of these people, not many are even listening anymore, just laughing. And when it does happen, more will be lost that might have been saved had these guys not done this, and they will have to answer to God for it.

Upvote 0