✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:policeofficer:
Alithis, I know you said "some" but you are applying that "some" to "most". Isn't it wicked imaginations to think that those who have a gun are planning to kill innocent people with it? All because they have to clean and polish it in order to keep it in good working order and looking down it's barrel (in my driving I drive a lot of guys who own guns and they talk) is not a good reasoning that their intentions are wicked, which is the scripture you applied to it. IF I were to get a gun I would certainly take shooting lessons so that I could handle it correctly and not accidentally shoot anyone or even hurt myself. I would keep it clean and polish it because that is what you do when you own a gun and expect it to work correctly when you need to use it. My target in practice would not be a human and since I'm an animal lover it also would not be an animal, nor would I imagine it being a human or an animal.

Sure, maybe there are "some" who do have those wicked imaginations that you've pointed out, but one can do the same imagining with a curling iron, or a wooden spoon, how about someones shoe, or the cross off someones necklace, that can be used in an evil way....the list can be any and everything.

images
:policeofficer::hand::handpointup::praying::eek:

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Alithis, I know you said "some" but you are applying that "some" to "most". Isn't it wicked imaginations to think that those who have a gun are planning to kill innocent people with it? All because they have to clean and polish it in order to keep it in good working order and looking down it's barrel (in my driving I drive a lot of guys who own guns and they talk) is not a good reasoning that their intentions are wicked, which is the scripture you applied to it.

QFT!​

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
you may have noticed ..if a gun man walks into a school and starts killing people .. even though NO ONE allows it ..they still do it .and your approaching the topic from a carnal mindset .. there is a high likelihood that the holy Spirit caused some to not be there that day because he sought to preserve their life for his purposes .

and it was me that said either way it got them kiled . caling the "armed police on their phone .. did not stop the bullets .. it only prevented more .. buyt the topic is far to diversified and out of the scope of the OP scenario.
of which i have already said 3 times now ... "i think love would take over -i would rush in calling on the name of the lord ,pull the attacker off and get between them and my loved ones to shield them .. im sure ANYONE would .

I know you didn't like it before when I addressed your points one at a time, so I'll take your post as a whole this time.

If you were to do what you indicated in the part of your post that I bolded, how do you think this would prevent you or the person you are shielding with your body (bullets zip right through bodies, btw) from being killed, or prevent the killer from killing more people?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know you didn't like it before when I addressed your points one at a time, so I'll take your post as a whole this time.

If you were to do what you indicated in the part of your post that I bolded, how do you think this would prevent you or the person you are shielding with your body (bullets zip right through bodies, btw) from being killed, or prevent the killer from killing more people?
it would not unless the lord intervened .
.my life and theirs would be in the hands of the Lord JESUS :) as it is any way for i am his purchased with an incomparable price .
trust God .. not flesh . :)- that my entire point

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
.my life and theirs would be in the hands of the Lord JESUS :) as it is any way for i am his purchased with an incomparable price .

Ok, I can understand that. But remember that there is responsibility on us as well to do things.

A little story I heard from a pastor comes to mind: A man was on his rooftop to get away from rising flood waters, and he prayed to God to save him. Then a boat comes along and the guy on the boat offers the man a ride, but the man declines saying, “I’m trusting God to save me”. Then a helicopter came and lowered a rope to him, but he wouldn’t take it. Then the man drowns and goes to Heaven. The man asks God, “Why didn’t you save me?” God replied, “I sent you a boat and a helicopter. Why didn’t you take the help I gave you?”

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
You are walking in your home and in the living room a man is physically attacking a family member.

What would you do?
If he were still alive after 1/2 mv**2, Pb, covered possibly in thin Cu, entered his consciousness, and after talking to my family members, before I fell apart once again for eighteen months getting over what he/she caused to happen to themselves, I would ask them, Why did you do this to youself? All you had to do was make different choices and you wouldn't be bleeding now. Why?
Then I would let the police finish up with them while I comforted my family in now what they must live with. A violent act, by someone else.
The last time this hapoened to me, I asked God really, how long would it take me to be a normal human again. Eighteen months. It took all of that, and I didn't even have to Plug anyone. It seems as though having a loaded gun, moving, caused the sitution to change. No longer were they, (the three of them) certain of the outcome at 02:00 in the morning, in my own house.
Not what I would call a good eighteen months. Why are you asking me about Romans 13:1-5, or David's orders directly from God, to kill those God wanted killed?
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Ok, I can understand that. But remember that there is responsibility on us as well to do things.

A little story I heard from a pastor comes to mind: A man was on his rooftop to get away from rising flood waters, and he prayed to God to save him. Then a boat comes along and the guy on the boat offers the man a ride, but the man declines saying, “I’m trusting God to save me”. Then a helicopter came and lowered a rope to him, but he wouldn’t take it. Then the man drowns and goes to Heaven. The man asks God, “Why didn’t you save me?” God replied, “I sent you a boat and a helicopter. Why didn’t you take the help I gave you?”

Hi,
Maybe this will help,
For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.
All things, by, and of, and for God, always and everywhere.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,
It seems to me each individual is to do what God asks of them. Typically it is to follow the laws of the land as in Romans 13 1:5. In my case I was trained as an agent of wrath by the Army, in High School and the Chicago Police department.
Protecting my family came up once a month for four and a half years. At one point the Chicago Police came in and told us to Open Carry our weapons. We did for a few months. That was during the Chicago race riots.
I can't say I was thrilled about any of this, but I did my job. I think the the two incidents, where I didn't have to come out shooting, was nice, but scarred me emotionally for life. My mother was being threatened, by the very man who had robbed my mom and me at the point of a gun, a few months prior. His trial was in three days. He parked his car, out where my mother had to go to enter her house. I never ever knew what I would feel like, if I couldn't rise to the occasion. I also, did not hide myself well, after I was in position with my Piece. I kind of did that on purpose.
I really even to this day, wonder how God felt about all of this. Romans 13 1-5 really helps me. The other thing that helps me, is getting more and more in touch with God. I am nothing in heart, like I was before. And, since I am trained, I think it is my resposibility to use my training for others. After all, why should everyone have to be a soldier, civilian or otherwise.
Remember, I am trained to be hurt, so you don't have to be. The first person hurt in every battle, is me. I wonder, no, I say I know, God is hurt first brfore any one of us is hurt, whether they be friend or foe.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Odd that you assume that obedience to God doesn't include you defending yourself when scripture is filled with examples of just that.

And taking care of your family... Oh you may never need it...but if you do...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are walking in your home and in the living room a man is physically attacking a family member.What would you do?

Step in-between is what I usually do. If you don't
increase the anger then a second party is rarely
harmed. Adding violence could though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I am sorry about the struggle.

But I take issue with the idea that the first person who is hurt in a battle is you. Sorry, that simply isn't true as it takes anywhere from 20 min up for the police to show up at our work, and we work right across from the police station.

Hi,
It seems to me each individual is to do what God asks of them. Typically it is to follow the laws of the land as in Romans 13 1:5. In my case I was trained as an agent of wrath by the Army, in High School and the Chicago Police department.
Protecting my family came up once a month for four and a half years. At one point the Chicago Police came in and told us to Open Carry our weapons. We did for a few months. That was during the Chicago race riots.
I can't say I was thrilled about any of this, but I did my job. I think the the two incidents, where I didn't have to come out shooting, was nice, but scarred me emotionally for life. My mother was being threatened, by the very man who had robbed my mom and me at the point of a gun, a few months prior. His trial was in three days. He parked his car, out where my mother had to go to enter her house. I never ever knew what I would feel like, if I couldn't rise to the occasion. I also, did not hide myself well, after I was in position with my Piece. I kind of did that on purpose.
I really even to this day, wonder how God felt about all of this. Romans 13 1-5 really helps me. The other thing that helps me, is getting more and more in touch with God. I am nothing in heart, like I was before. And, since I am trained, I think it is my resposibility to use my training for others. After all, why should everyone have to be a soldier, civilian or otherwise.
Remember, I am trained to be hurt, so you don't have to be. The first person hurt in every battle, is me. I wonder, no, I say I know, God is hurt first brfore any one of us is hurt, whether they be friend or foe.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic

But I take issue with the idea that the first person who is hurt in a battle is you. Sorry, that simply isn't true as it takes anywhere from 20 min up for the police to show up at our work, and we work right across from the police station.

Hi,

We are talking a uniqueness in me. The last time I was in a major engagement, and the first time I was in a major engagement that I had time to think, this is what happened. In both of them, I killed myself off, psychologically before I had to engage. Yet, I noticed that even in situations where I am totally calm, that is what happens and I just don't notice it.

As near as I can figure it out for me, I am a coward, I think. To get around that, I kill myself off by telling myself I am dead. I can acutally believe this. Since I have died. Since I am dead then, I do not have to fear dying, and now I am calm just trying to do my job, as I have already died.

When I was 61, even though the first time I am looking at a person threatening to kill everyone unless they all give up the money, I was not 21 yet if I am right, I have done everything wrong to find out about a situation. The Psychiatrists gave me a list of dont's, and I needed to find out about a person, so I violated those.

I was working with a person then, that they told me then, to now expect to possibly be killed, as this is the only type of mental illness where it is now possible, and you have just done something, to where that type of mental illness always responds.

Yes, I am dealing with a full blown mafia type then, and we have at least three indications of her having tried doing in individuals on three occasions. One of those individuals is gone, the other can't be found and hasn't been heard of in years. I am the third.

Having been through this routine many times before, I just did my job, in trying to stay alive. I became very tired after three days and nights being on constant vigil. On the fourth night, I just said fine! I meant whatever happens happens. I did mentally kill myself off three days before, so I would not be afraid of dying.

The fourth night, at about 2:00 in the morning, it went down. They made a mistake though. It wakened me, of course I moved positions and waited. I might have made too much noise and because of that, I had time before things became a full blown fire fight, as they thought about the error, and now they were in a really bad situation because of the defenses set up, that they were most certainly not expecting. Nor was I at the time, it was accidental.

I thought about my feelings, as I am waiting. I was bored and then became angry. The anger came from how many years, I have been doing this sort of thing, and how boring it is to wait and wait and wait. Then it was 45.

Of coursew when it was all over, I had the chance to try and turn into a normal human again. I asked everyone around me then. I was told it would take me 18 months. It took all of that, but I felt normal quicker. I just wasn't normal for awhile.

I have discussed this issue with all people like me, those who actually get into it. I hated telling people of doing that, but am told that none of them, think I am any the less for doing this.

However, if you think being like me, or being any one of my equivalents is not an injury, then why do we all talk to each other, to try and stay normal. I have also PTSD, to the max, and every soldier forced into firefights, whether they are police, or victims of domestic abuse, or crime, or fight in full out wars or even working with animals, has a form of this, it seems.

When I was young, military and police types were my constant 'mental health' therapists. Now that I am older they still are, but now I help otthers in being hurt by engagements.

Here's an other one for you. I was working with my second sniper, who was really screwed up over his service. When he finally disclosed to me the details of what he did.....instantly looking at him, I said to him: "And each one of those hurts." He looked at me, maybe a little stunned, with a hopeful look of how can you know that. He is fine now. It took years for me to get him to do nothing more than talk, and realize how being a soldier is parenting the world in that way. He gets hurt, mentally for each engagement, so his surrogate children, which is all of us, don't have to be hurt. But, He/She is always hurt in every engagement first, and always.

I am the first one, in every engagement to be hurt. If you think that is wrong of me, as those like me, and see what they think. Maybe I am wrong, but I need something to keep fear, from causing a problem, and that is what I use.
Also, it happens even when I am unaware even when there is no time to think, and I only new it, in those slow engagements because I did have time to think.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,

We are talking a uniqueness in me. The last time I was in a major engagement, and the first time I was in a major engagement that I had time to think, this is what happened. In both of them, I killed myself off, psychologically before I had to engage. Yet, I noticed that even in situations where I am totally calm, that is what happens and I just don't notice it.

As near as I can figure it out for me, I am a coward, I think. To get around that, I kill myself off by telling myself I am dead. I can acutally believe this. Since I have died. Since I am dead then, I do not have to fear dying, and now I am calm just trying to do my job, as I have already died.

When I was 61, even though the first time I am looking at a person threatening to kill everyone unless they all give up the money, I was not 21 yet if I am right, I have done everything wrong to find out about a situation. The Psychiatrists gave me a list of dont's, and I needed to find out about a person, so I violated those.

I was working with a person then, that they told me then, to now expect to possibly be killed, as this is the only type of mental illness where it is now possible, and you have just done something, to where that type of mental illness always responds.

Yes, I am dealing with a full blown mafia type then, and we have at least three indications of her having tried doing in individuals on three occasions. One of those individuals is gone, the other can't be found and hasn't been heard of in years. I am the third.

Having been through this routine many times before, I just did my job, in trying to stay alive. I became very tired after three days and nights being on constant vigil. On the fourth night, I just said fine! I meant whatever happens happens. I did mentally kill myself off three days before, so I would not be afraid of dying.

The fourth night, at about 2:00 in the morning, it went down. They made a mistake though. It wakened me, of course I moved positions and waited. I might have made too much noise and because of that, I had time before things became a full blown fire fight, as they thought about the error, and now they were in a really bad situation because of the defenses set up, that they were most certainly not expecting. Nor was I at the time, it was accidental.

I thought about my feelings, as I am waiting. I was bored and then became angry. The anger came from how many years, I have been doing this sort of thing, and how boring it is to wait and wait and wait. Then it was 45.

Of coursew when it was all over, I had the chance to try and turn into a normal human again. I asked everyone around me then. I was told it would take me 18 months. It took all of that, but I felt normal quicker. I just wasn't normal for awhile.

I have discussed this issue with all people like me, those who actually get into it. I hated telling people of doing that, but am told that none of them, think I am any the less for doing this.

However, if you think being like me, or being any one of my equivalents is not an injury, then why do we all talk to each other, to try and stay normal. I have also PTSD, to the max, and every soldier forced into firefights, whether they are police, or victims of domestic abuse, or crime, or fight in full out wars or even working with animals, has a form of this, it seems.

When I was young, military and police types were my constant 'mental health' therapists. Now that I am older they still are, but now I help otthers in being hurt by engagements.

Here's an other one for you. I was working with my second sniper, who was really screwed up over his service. When he finally disclosed to me the details of what he did.....instantly looking at him, I said to him: "And each one of those hurts." He looked at me, maybe a little stunned, with a hopeful look of how can you know that. He is fine now. It took years for me to get him to do nothing more than talk, and realize how being a soldier is parenting the world in that way. He gets hurt, mentally for each engagement, so his surrogate children, which is all of us, don't have to be hurt. But, He/She is always hurt in every engagement first, and always.

I am the first one, in every engagement to be hurt. If you think that is wrong of me, as those like me, and see what they think. Maybe I am wrong, but I need something to keep fear, from causing a problem, and that is what I use.
Also, it happens even when I am unaware even when there is no time to think, and I only new it, in those slow engagements because I did have time to think.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Hi,
I have thought about this again. You are right. I am not the first, nor is any soldier in every form a soldier is a soldier. I spoke incorrectly. I am hurt in every engagement, that I am to get into, or hear about, but I hear after the act has gone down. I was wrong.
Interesting. I answered. I thought. Then I realized you were right on that one point. Emotional preciseness, I guess does not exist even after a battle is waged, by the victims or those whose job it is to try and convince the perpetrators they are wrong.
I am hurt at the most, secondarily.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0

katerinah1947

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟58,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi,
I have thought about this again. You are right. I am not the first, nor is any soldier in every form a soldier is a soldier. I spoke incorrectly. I am hurt in every engagement, that I am to get into, or hear about, but I hear after the act has gone down. I was wrong.
Interesting. I answered. I thought. Then I realized you were right on that one point. Emotional preciseness, I guess does not exist even after a battle is waged, by the victims or those whose job it is to try and convince the perpetrators they are wrong.
I am hurt at the most, secondarily.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .
Hi,
And now I will try and not think about this for awhile. It needs to go away in my life. I just came of another engagement to someoene else, recently. I am still healing over that one. Lots of people were hurt. Two of us, were there to protect. He is recovering from his wounds. I have already had my three days off since the incident, so maybe this is good therapy also. I was injured in this one also, when I covered the victim. Somehow they were content to pick on me at that point. I didn't do so well. Eventually I became too weak to hold on anymore....... It will take years to find out, if that person is going to escape and later survive this, as I only had that one incident, and he has to live with that group. Hopefully now he will find a way to depart. I, as you see somehow did, survive.
LOVE,
...Mary., .... .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

So...you don't wear a seatbelt?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So...you don't wear a seatbelt?
are you preaching you conviction ? or the word ?
the word says we are to respect the law of the land a ..im my country it is a law that we wear a seat belt . so i wear a seatbelt .
sadly many people die in car accidents while wearing a seat belt .. many more do not .its not guaranteed .. it does not change that our lives were purchased with a price and that our life is in Gods hands .
so .. not sure what your point was there .

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you work, or is God your supply? Do you lean on your own abilities to feed your family or do you fully trust God to meet all your needs according to His Glory?
my wife and I work .. many years ago now the lord led us to give to missionary works .. there were times of tears and we obeyed in love and he blessed us greatly ..recently with the advent of a new arrival ( now 2 yrs old) a miracle in himself . the lord led us to the decision that my wife quit work to be available to raise the boy full time .. she is our primary earner and it means a 58% cut in our income .we said yes lord and she resigned from her position to do what we feel the lord is asking of us .but we continue to give to what he has led us to give to and he is making end meet with extra .

just last night my wife shared with me that she was feeling anxiety in regards to our income and the lord spoke to her and said "he was in control when she was working and he will be in control when she is at home" and" not to worry as he will provide for us MORE then we need that we may continue to do what he asks of us ".

as i said before.. we LEARN obedience and we LEARN trust . we GROW In it . but during this process we must be honest about why we do the things we do. and not make up wishy washy reasoning excusing ourselves. as i already openly stated .. i still do these thing ..for a measure for the lord but for the most part i do them FOR ME ... and i trust the lord will change this as i grow in faith . but i will not lie to the lord about such thing .

and i encourage all other to be also open and honest and truthful before the lord about these things . we never can truly change our hearts ,that is the miraculous work of the Holy Spirit who works mightily and tirelessly in us to transform us into the image of christ .But when we are not honest about our own hearts nature and desires we only hinder that work in us ..we should not do that .. we should never resist his searching us out .. we must trust that he does so because` he LOVES US and desires only what is eternally good for us .. and holding on so tight to the things of this world will do us no eternal good what so ever ..
we can trust him .. he loves us :)

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
are you preaching you conviction ? or the word ?
the word says we are to respect the law of the land a ..im my country it is a law that we wear a seat belt . so i wear a seatbelt .
sadly many people die in car accidents while wearing a seat belt .. many more do not .its not guaranteed .. it does not change that our lives were purchased with a price and that our life is in Gods hands .
so .. not sure what your point was there .

I think the point of the questions the previous 2 people asked you was that there are certain things we do for ourselves in order to either protect ourselves from harm (wearing a seatbelt) or to provide for ourselves (working a job). I believe both of these things are true as well. There are many other things we do, such as put on safety glasses when using power tools, or use anti-virus software to safeguard our computers. So why do you see a difference when it comes to actively protecting yourself and loved ones when someone physically attacks you?

Upvote 0