Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
first i would trust God that he would not let this scenario happen .Having asked the lord in prayer that he protect my family from just such a thing .
we are believers in the Lord Jesus are we not ? we believe in the word of God do we not ?
Did he not say "whatever you ask in my name ,i will do it " ?

there was a time we visited friends one afternoon and they invited us to stay later and have dinner .. i got an uneasy feeling in my heart and the lord was telling me not to stay, but to go home .
But i was "having fun" (as some put it ) and so i did not listen to the Holy Spirit . we got home 4 hours later to find we had been burgled while out.
Had i listened to the lord and obeyed his leading ..we would have been home and not been burgled .

walking in the holy Spirit is all about loving the lord and learning to live a life surrendered to his leading
and trusting in him -in all things- .

over the years i have heard so many testimonies or the lord protection when folks have called upon his name .

my own brother in law was out street witnessing one evening ..he did a sausage sizzle on the street and gave them away and told people about the lord Jesus while he cooked it for them .
one night a large group of drunken youths approached and they were very rowdy and obvious trouble.. as they approached by brother in law said .. two large men came up to him from his left and they stood on either side of him .he said they stood very close to him .he said hello ans they said hello back.. he asked them if they knew about the Lord Jesus and one of them said "yes we believe the he is the son of God and he died for the sins of the worlds and rose again to life ."
After the large group of youths had passed by ..the two men walked away from him ,crossed the road into the dark.. and he did not see them again..he did not see where they came from nor where they went .it was only after he realized he had been protected by Angels.

so what does the word of God say on the topic ?
"trust in the lord with all thy heart and lean not on thy own understanding "
Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 91:1-16
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, ...

2 Samuel 22:3-4
My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What a wonderful testimony of God's provision thank you Mike.

Trusting in and relying on God for every area of our life is what we are to do. I remember a couple of years ago trusting in and relying on God for every area of our life is what we are to do. I remember a couple of years ago getting ready to go out to dinner with some friends. The Holy Spirit led me to wear my pistol. Now I seldom carry, and I thought it kind of strange because we're going to a really nice restaurant and didn't see any need for it. But I obeyed God and wore it

Long story short, before evening was out, my obedience to God helped stop a terrible assault.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the lord uses the environment we live in .:)
in nZ no one is allowed to carry a weapon .gun or knife .strict license governs who can even own one ( for example 30 years ago when a teen i had a $100 fine for having a little weed on me -due to that past offence i am never allowed a licence to own a fire arm -ever )
.police do not carry (but have access) but criminals intent on evil do..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd call the police and do what I could to stop him until they got there.
i think -speaking of the actual scenario, - love would take over -i would run in calling on the lord and pull off the attacker and get between him & my loved ones - i think any one would

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i think -speaking of the actual scenario, - love would take over -i would run in calling on the lord and pull off the attacker and get between him & my loved ones - i think any one would

Amen. Any of us would get physical with someone attacking a loved one, or ourself. This is where physical training is used by God.

Jesus told his followers to purchase swords, Luke 22:36, it was to prepare them for dangerous times. Read the verses before. Jesus speaks of a time where they had no need for money bags or swords, but the times changed for them.

It clearly shows times where there was no need for weaponry and times that it was a command, not just a thought.

Does God divinely protect us? Yes we find that places in scripture, but there are also examples where God's protection was to empower the person to defend himself.

God supernaturally protected the children of Israel against the Egyptians and then instructed them to clear the land of opposing forces.

Reactions: Biblicist
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen. Any of us would get physical with someone attacking a loved one, or ourself. This is where physical training is used by God.

Jesus told his followers to purchase swords, Luke 22:36, it was to prepare them for dangerous times. Read the verses before. Jesus speaks of a time where they had no need for money bags or swords, but the times changed for them.

It clearly shows times where there was no need for weaponry and times that it was a command, not just a thought.

Does God divinely protect us? Yes we find that places in scripture, but there are also examples where God's protection was to empower the person to defend himself.

God supernaturally protected the children of Israel against the Egyptians and then instructed them to clear the land of opposing forces.
well im not going to agree there .but you knew that ;) the bible says nothing so direct .that's a bit of an ambiguous stretching

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you not read the entire post?

Why did Jesus command his followers to purchase swords?

We can't pick and choose which verses to give consideration to view and which verses to ignore because they fly in the face of a belief.

We have to have the WHOLE council of the Word of God and the Divine wisdom to follow His leading. Even if it bothers our doctrines

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you not read the entire post?

Why did Jesus command his followers to purchase swords?
i dont know .. do you ? in truth ?

balance it against everything else we are instructed ,quite clearly, without ambiguity ,to do .
weigh it up against trust and faith against both not walking in our own strength about having no confidence in the flesh etc .

personally im not going to build a doctrinal stance on a singular partial piece of text .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
first i would trust God that he would not let this scenario happen .Having asked the lord in prayer that he protect my family from just such a thing .
we are believers in the Lord Jesus are we not ? we believe in the word of God do we not ?
Did he not say "whatever you ask in my name ,i will do it " ?

there was a time we visited friends one afternoon and they invited us to stay later and have dinner .. i got an uneasy feeling in my heart and the lord was telling me not to stay, but to go home .
But i was "having fun" (as some put it ) and so i did not listen to the Holy Spirit . we got home 4 hours later to find we had been burgled while out.
Had i listened to the lord and obeyed his leading ..we would have been home and not been burgled .

walking in the holy Spirit is all about loving the lord and learning to live a life surrendered to his leading
and trusting in him -in all things- .

over the years i have heard so many testimonies or the lord protection when folks have called upon his name .

my own brother in law was out street witnessing one evening ..he did a sausage sizzle on the street and gave them away and told people about the lord Jesus while he cooked it for them .
one night a large group of drunken youths approached and they were very rowdy and obvious trouble.. as they approached by brother in law said .. two large men came up to him from his left and they stood on either side of him .he said they stood very close to him .he said hello ans they said hello back.. he asked them if they knew about the Lord Jesus and one of them said "yes we believe the he is the son of God and he died for the sins of the worlds and rose again to life ."
After the large group of youths had passed by ..the two men walked away from him ,crossed the road into the dark.. and he did not see them again..he did not see where they came from nor where they went .it was only after he realized he had been protected by Angels.

so what does the word of God say on the topic ?
"trust in the lord with all thy heart and lean not on thy own understanding "
Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 91:1-16
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, ...

2 Samuel 22:3-4
My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies.

If only that worked for my daughter.

As I told you before, free will of another will not be tread upon by God.

I pray for my children's protection daily, trusting that God will protect them, yet my daughter was sexually abused for two months and I found out about it last Wednesday when she told me.

If I walked in on him abusing my daughter, they would be questioning from the hospital.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If only that worked for my daughter.

As I told you before, free will of another will not be tread upon by God.

I pray for my children's protection daily, trusting that God will protect them, yet my daughter was sexually abused for two months and I found out about it last Wednesday when she told me.

If I walked in on him abusing my daughter, they would be questioning from the hospital.

As a father of six, my heart goes out to you and your daughter. I will be praying for her and your family.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What a wonderful testimony of God's provision thank you Mike.

Trusting in and relying on God for every area of our life is what we are to do. I remember a couple of years ago trusting in and relying on God for every area of our life is what we are to do. I remember a couple of years ago getting ready to go out to dinner with some friends. The Holy Spirit led me to wear my pistol. Now I seldom carry, and I thought it kind of strange because we're going to a really nice restaurant and didn't see any need for it. But I obeyed God and wore it

Long story short, before evening was out, my obedience to God helped stop a terrible assault.
I'm glad I live in Holland. I'd bind the devil and send him and that person out of my house or use a poll or something if that doesn't work. I once met a rapist in a wood when I was biking there alone at 11 pm and I said God is HERE. He was terrified and did nothing anymore.

Upvote 0