D.C. Council approves bill legalizing gay marriage

B

BigBadWlf

Matt. 7:16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Matt. 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

2John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into [your] house, neither bid him God speed:
2John 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
i notice you ignored my questions

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Matt. 7:16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
Matt. 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

2John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into [your] house, neither bid him God speed:
2John 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
Not the best verses for someone who is telling other people they aren't Christian because they don't believe in their Biblical interpretation. That's not good fruit.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
YEAH RIGHT!:doh::doh:
I suppose this isn't a plain enough description of homosexuality for you either!

Romans1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Main Entry: 1re·pent
Pronunciation: \ri-ˈpent\
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French repentir, from Medieval Latin repoenitēre, from Latin re- + Late Latin poenitēre to feel regret, alteration of Latin paenitēre — more at penitent
Date: 14th century
intransitive verb 1 : to turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life
2 a : to feel regret or contrition b : to change one's mind

So what is the natural use of women? I guess having sex, by the context. So why doesn't my church teach that the natural use of women is to have sex. Silly women, ignoring their natural use...

If we are going to be teaching all the women their natural use is sex, we are going to be making quite a few parents mad as we tell their little girls their only use is to have sex.

:doh:

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Psst…masturbation

At least that is how it has been interpreted for the majority of Christian history

If it said, "Abusers of themselves" I could see it, but the whole "with mankind" is throwing me off some. Maybe it means mutual masturbation...

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

If it said, "Abusers of themselves" I could see it, but the whole "with mankind" is throwing me off some. Maybe it means mutual masturbation...
It doesn’t say abusers of anything. The word creating the problem is arsenokoites. It is at best an obscure word and at worst a word that was made up by Paul. There is nothing to support the claim that it translates as homosexual. The best linguists break it down to meaning a man who employees prostitutes.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
It doesn’t say abusers of anything. The word creating the problem is arsenokoites. It is at best an obscure word and at worst a word that was made up by Paul. There is nothing to support the claim that it translates as homosexual. The best linguists break it down to meaning a man who employees prostitutes.
Any idea why translators chose to put homosexual in place of that word? Personal prejudice entering into their translations maybe?

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ex-homosexuals
Supporters of Homosexuality Are Doing Harm
Pastor Darryl L. Foster, a former homosexual, states the supporters of homosexuality are doing harm:
“ As I have said many times before gays and their lovestruck supporters are masters at changing and refining everything that convicts them. This is no surprise as the Apostle Paul taught us that they would even redefine the very image of God. They need a "god" who is "okay" with their wayward and disobedient sexuality. Flunder works hard to help people kick the drug habit, yet hypocritically allows gays and lesbians to continue in a proven path of destructive living.

Ex-Homosexuals and the Documentary "I Do Exist"

The Baptist Press wrote the following regarding the ex-homosexual documentary "I Do Exist":
“ Can homosexuals change? A new documentary says "yes" and includes interviews with people who say they've made the switch.

The 48-minute video, dubbed "I Do Exist," is intended for use as a discussion-starter in churches, schools and universities. It includes the stories of five homosexuals -- three women and two men -- who once were involved in homosexuality but are now heterosexual. Along the way, psychologists and psychiatrists give their thoughts as to why they believe change is possible.

Ex-Homosexuals and Former Sexual Abuse

The are studies which suggest that homosexuals are sexually abused disproportionately in their childhood compared to heterosexuals Dr. Whitehead and Briar Whitehead state in their previously mentioned book:
“ “Ex-gay” support groups...report that between 50 percent and 60 percent of homosexual men coming for help have been abused sexually. This is confirmed by various researchers.... Ex-gay groups report high levels of male sexual abuse (up to 85 percent) in female homosexuals who come for help.

Hostility Towards Ex-Homosexuals and Ex-Homosexual Groups

Homosexual activists and liberals have become angered in regards to ex-homosexual events and activities. Below are some incidents that have taken place.

Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays (PFOX) - Arlington County Fair Incident
Reverend Louis Sheldon, Chairman of the Traditional Values Coalition and author of The Agenda: The Homosexual Plan to Change America

The Traditional Values Coalition reported the following:
“ Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays & Gays (PFOX) hosted a booth at the Arlington County Fair in Arlington, Virginia. PFOX has had an exhibit at this fair for the past four years.

And, every year, intolerant homosexual activists have done everything they could to disrupt PFOX’s display. This year, they screamed obscenities, threw PFOX materials on the ground and demanded that PFOX leave the fair. One PFOX volunteer was hit because he is an ex-homosexual.

Eventually, PFOX had to call in a police officer to eject one activist who was harassing their volunteers. According to PFOX, “This is not the first time that PFOX has had to summon the police for protection from gay activists

Ex-homosexuals - Conservapedia

Overcoming Homosexuality

Overcoming homosexuality is definitely possible for those who wish to abandon homosexuality, and the testimonies of ex-homosexuals attest to this matter. Today people still report overcoming homosexuality and becoming heterosexuals or celibate through their Christian faith. In 1980, a study was published in the American Journal of Psychiatry and eleven men participated in this study. The aforementioned study stated that eleven homosexual men became heterosexuals "without explicit treatment and/or long-term psychotherapy" through their participation in a Pentecostal church.

Overcoming homosexuality - Conservapedia

Homosexuality and Choice

Homosexuality and choice are closely related. When answering the question of is homosexuality a choice one has to consider that homosexual acts between consenting adults are, by definition, done by choice. Yet the relationship between desire and choice is a matter for debate,[1] and activists often attempt to blur the distinction between having a desire and choosing to act on it.
Given that there are people who state they are ex-homosexuals and given that the homosexual population has significantly higher rates of many diseases and the homosexual population also has significantly lower rates of various measures of mental health, it can be strongly argued that engaging in homosexual acts is a bad choice for individuals. Those who make this choice suffer significantly higher rates of domestic violence in homosexual couples. In addition, according to experts homosexual murders are relatively or quite common and often homosexual murders are very brutal. Also, the homosexual population has a greater propensity to engage in illegal drug use.

Homosexuality and choice - Conservapedia

Exodus International - Home

http://www.exodusinternational.org/

Exodus International - freedom from homosexuality through the power of Jesus Christ

Founded in 1976, Exodus is an umbrella organization which has grown to include over 120 local ministries in the United States and Canada and over 150 ministries in 17 other countries.[6] Although Exodus is formally an interdenominational Christian entity, it is most closely associated with Protestant and evangelical denominations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exodus_International

Exodus Global Alliance is an international Christian organization that seeks to help bring healing and freedom to people struggling with homosexual behaviour.[1]
It was known as Exodus International before changing to the present name in 2004
:prayer::prayer::prayer::groupray:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

The 48-minute video, dubbed "I Do Exist," is intended for use as a discussion-starter in churches, schools and universities. It includes the stories of five homosexuals -- three women and two men -- who once were involved in homosexuality but are now heterosexual. Along the way, psychologists and psychiatrists give their thoughts as to why they believe change is possible.

Ex-Homosexuals and Former Sexual Abuse

The are studies which suggest that homosexuals are sexually abused disproportionately in their childhood compared to heterosexuals Dr. Whitehead and Briar Whitehead state in their previously mentioned book:
“ “Ex-gay” support groups...report that between 50 percent and 60 percent of homosexual men coming for help have been abused sexually. This is confirmed by various researchers.... Ex-gay groups report high levels of male sexual abuse (up to 85 percent) in female homosexuals who come for help.
So you are using falsified data from the founder of one of the few recognized anti-gay hate groups in America. And we are supposed to be impressed?
Exodus International - freedom from homosexuality through the power of Jesus Christ

Founded in 1976, Exodus is an umbrella organization which has grown to include over 120 local ministries in the United States and Canada and over 150 ministries in 17 other countries.[6] Although Exodus is formally an interdenominational Christian entity, it is most closely associated with Protestant and evangelical denominations.
Exodus International - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Exodus Global Alliance is an international Christian organization that seeks to help bring healing and freedom to people struggling with homosexual behaviour.[1]
It was known as Exodus International before changing to the present name in 2004
:prayer::prayer::prayer::groupray:
Exodus is hardly a stellar example

Exodus international has claimed to have changes “hundreds of thousands of homosexuals into heterosexuals. Yet they can’t seem to produce any of these “hundreds of thousands” of ex-gays

Michael Bussee and Gary Cooper, two of the co- founders of Exodus, admitted they were never ex-gay and married each other

Exodus board member Don Schmierer was one of several american Christians instrumental in wriitning and developing Uganda’s kill the gays bill.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
To turn us back to the original topic of the thread - this just in: The DC City Council's decision to permit gay marriage has proved so threatening to the institution of marriage itself that Karl Rove has had to get his second divorce!

Karl Rove divorces after 24 years of marriage -

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Originally Posted by BigBadWlf

So you are using falsified data from the founder of one of the few recognized anti-gay hate groups in America. And we are supposed to be impressed?
And where is "your proof" of such a claim?

Exodus is hardly a stellar example

Exodus international has claimed to have changes “hundreds of thousands of homosexuals into heterosexuals. Yet they can’t seem to produce any of these “hundreds of thousands” of ex-gays

Michael Bussee and Gary Cooper, two of the co- founders of Exodus, admitted they were never ex-gay and married each other
Which did not hurt the organization at all,except that they changed their name to Exodus Global Alliance!

But that brings up a good question,why would two homosexual men create an "ex-homosexual organization" in the first place,hmmm?:doh:

So why would anyone now believe their claims of never being ex-gay?:p^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian

And where is "your proof" of such a claim?

Which did not hurt the organization at all,except that they changed their name to Exodus Global Alliance!

But that brings up a good question,why would two homosexual men create an "ex-homosexual organization" in the first place,hmmm?:doh:

So why would anyone now believe their claims of never being ex-gay?:p^_^^_^^_^

What about scientology, the founder admitted he was only in it for the money, yet they still follow him. Propaganda can be a very strong force, pure and simple.

Upvote 0