Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So then you are deeply confused about the topic of the thread. Trump isn't the topic, Cruz and Fiorina are.

:doh:

And
Cruz
and
Fiorina
are running
against
TRUMP
for
the
Republican
nomination.

There. I did the math for you.

It's not complicated. Bringing up Fiorina's business record as a platform to disparage her projected worth as a political candidate for the Republican nomination, even as VP, begged an obvious comparison. If you wish to imply her past business failure disqualifies her, then the alternative fares much worse by the same criteria.

Get it? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
link

Is this a desperate attempt to win a few more votes by a candidate who appears to be on his last legs? And, whether it is desperate or not, will it give Cruz the momentum he needs to stop Trump?

Cruz absolutely needs to win in Indiana. He has conceded a couple of states to get Kasich to stay away. Now, Cruz makes believe that he is the presidential nominee and chooses his VP (this has never happened before the convention in my memory).

I think that we should give Cruz credit. He is pulling out all stops and making his best effort.

In any other presidential cycle, Trump would have been the presumptive nominee after South Carolina, after coming in 2nd in Iowa, 1st in NH, 1st in NV and 1st in SC. But in this year, the Cruz had a Southern strategy. Everyone gave Cruz one more chance after SC. His Southern strategy failed miserably. But the Cruz strategy has had many lives. After the Southern strategy failed, all of a sudden CRUZ was the candidate of the establishment against Trump. Yes, Cruz is the establishment candidate.

And the Cruz strategy was doing OK until Trump learned and changed the very nature of the race. Trump hired a new top staff and went on to major majority victories in 6 states in a row, and is leading in the polls in Indiana and California. The impossible 1237 now seemed in reach for Trump. Hannity and some others at FOX had accepted Trump and were actively helping him. Many were calling Trump offering help, folks Trump would never have expected to make such calls.

SO HERE WE ARE
If Cruz did nothing, the race was over. He made a "deal" with Kasich and brought in Fiorina. This is all about Indiana. The race is over if Cruz loses Indiana. Trump will get 1237 on the first ballot. If Cruz wins in Indiana, he lives to fight another day, fighting in California with a VP whose major political claim to fame was to lose in CA by a million votes.

Upvote 0

Simmo11

Apr 22, 2016
Guernsey UK
✟336.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Is this a desperate attempt to win a few more votes by a candidate who appears to be on his last legs? And, whether it is desperate or not, will it give Cruz the momentum he needs to stop Trump?
It doesn't matter what any Republican does or doesn't do because the Democrats are going to win the election.
The US must change or it will continue to die slowly, while rearranging the chairs on the Titanic or looking to the supernatural for an answer might make people feel good it will help no one, unless something is done the US will continue to decline.
The US has stood still long enough, the North Koreans have isolated themselves and so have a large number of Americans.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks for opening the topic of religious symbolism.

https://justenglish.me/2012/07/21/idiom-to-throw-a-hail-mary/

A Hail Mary, or throwing Hail Mary is part of English idiom, and has been since Roger Stauback's pass. The most famous was probably Flutie to Vataha (actually praying the rosary at key points in the game is not unusual for BC fans).

The phrase is now used outside of football whenever someone or some corporation makes a very desperate last second "play". The fake "deal" with Kasich and naming Carly certainly qualify.

BTW, there is NO negative connotation with regard to such actions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
https://justenglish.me/2012/07/21/idiom-to-throw-a-hail-mary/

A Hail Mary, or throwing Hail Mary is part of English idiom, and has been since Roger Stauback's pass. The most famous was probably Flutie to Vataha (actually praying the rosary at key points in the game is not unusual for BC fans).

The phrase is now used outside of football whenever someone or some corporation makes a very desperate last second "play". The fake "deal" with Kasich and naming Carly certainly qualify.

BTW, there is NO negative connotation with regard to such actions.
Let's not forget the "Music City Miracle".

music-city-miraclegif1418510234202.gif

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's Sara Palin all over again. Cruz just nuked his own ticket.

Does Nikki Haley need a big giant sign that says "pick me already you idiots" before republicans will get it?

Rubio - Haley would have had a very easy time in the general election.

FOX News (and everyone else) is having an awful lot of fun with Cruz's actions of the last week (the non-deal with Kasich and the choosing of a running mate).

If Cruz loses in Indiana, will he nominate a cabinet?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Rubio - Haley would have had a very easy time in the general election.

FOX News (and everyone else) is having an awful lot of fun with Cruz's actions of the last week (the non-deal with Kasich and the choosing of a running mate).

If Cruz loses in Indiana, will he nominate a cabinet?

Rubio/Haley would have been incredibly potent against hillary. Fiorina is one of the worst of the candidates. The only experience she has is in torching companies and getting fired. Even Rick Perry, who let 5 counties burn to the ground while he prayed for rain at least had experience.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It's Sara Palin all over again. Cruz just nuked his own ticket.

Does Nikki Haley need a big giant sign that says "pick me already you idiots" before republicans will get it?
Nikki Haley already picked her candidate.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Nikki Haley already picked her candidate.
Nikki Haley endorsed Rubio, and has said that she would support Trump if he received the nomination. I don't think that she has said whether she would support Cruz if he were nominated. This is the position of many Republican office holders throughout the country. Boehner was the last to echo this position.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Apparently wisdom is voting for the the woman whose poor management of a company put thousands of people out of work.

Just the type of people we need running the government right?
Didn't Trump go bankrupt 3 times? How many people did that put out of work?

I'm not a Hillary advocate, but I'll take her over anything that the right can throw up. What about you? Surely you're not going to withhold your vote?

Upvote 0

Tiny Bible

All Lives Matter. Pray BLM Learn That.
Jan 3, 2016
whyaskthat
✟19,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, that explains why Cruz sent her all that money months and months ago.
Lyin-Ted Cruz picked for his running mate a woman that was a miserable failure in leadership of a major corporation.

Carly Fiorina's Disastrous Record as HP's CEO

Upvote 0