May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:sigh:

Mr. Obama was being culturally senstitive. It's sad to see people smear his good work and try and turn it into something it is not.

:sigh:

Originally Posted by SoAmazinglyBlessed
Since when does attending a Muslim school make a person a Muslim?

It does in my book.

Yet I personally know of a few agnostic and Jewish people who went to Christian schools.

Seeing American political attack campaigns almost makes me yearn for the art of the good old days of the 2006 Canadian election... "He said he'd do that..."

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It does in my book.

I went to a Catholic high school - we had Jewish, Evangelical, Methodist, Baptist, atheist, etc. students attending. Does the fact they went to a Catholic school make them Catholic? Personally I was raised Catholic, but I decided I wasn't Catholic during my first year of high school, realized I disagreed with much of the Christian faith during my second year, and by the third year I had declared myself an atheist.

Upvote 0

Trevorocity

Jun 30, 2007
✟16,960.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting... I personally don't find Obama to have enough political experience to be president but I don't really approve of this kind of campaigning. It seems the Clintons are doing this just to smear Obama. But then again, that's what politicians do right? They smear each other. :doh: I like politics but I really do get sick of the smear campaigns.

Anyway, I'll likely be voting for Hillary Clinton this year.

Obama has been in elected office since 1997 (11 years before running for president). Bush had been in elected office since 1994 (6 years before being elected president), yet the American people chose to elect him with that little experience.

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I have a question, interpreter. Are you purposefully lying, or do you just not have the ethical fiber to actually check your smears before spreading them?

Obama was not raised a Muslim. That's a lie. Plain and simple.

He did not attend a Muslim school. He attended a secular school in Indonesia for a little while. Watch the CNN investigation for a little dose of reality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-kPCCog0BY

He's been a Christian for nearly 20 years now - a full decade before he was elected to the Illinois state senate.

So, interpreter, you have some explaining to do. Are you a liar, or do you simply listen to liars without bothering to question them? That's what it boils down to: Are you dishonest or simply irresponsible? Either you are purposefully and knowingly spreading lies about Obama, which makes you a reprehensible human being and a blight on Christianity, or you are ignorantly and unthinkingly spreading falsehoods without taking the merest amount of time necessary to check your facts. Which is it, interpreter?

And, perhaps most importantly, if you are in fact merely irresponsible in trusting dishonest sources, why do you continue to trust them?

Well said, although interpreter doesn't care about reality or facts. I wager he'll regurgitate the same lie again, eventually.

Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Obama has been in elected office since 1997 (11 years before running for president). Bush had been in elected office since 1994 (6 years before being elected president), yet the American people chose to elect him with that little experience.
He's like Hillary. He got to watch relatives do the actual job. Lol. Great experience there.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He's like Hillary. He got to watch relatives do the actual job. Lol. Great experience there.

I'm not a big fan of Hillary, but in her defense on that issue, she was a very involved first lady. She did more than just sit back and watch -- there were a lot of jokes back then about how Hillary was really the one making all the decisions based on that. I do think that being the first lady, regardless of how involved you are, you'll get at least some additional insight to being president that other people will have a tough time getting. In Hillary's case she was politically active during her time as first lady, so she got even more insight.

Upvote 0

Meshavrischika

for Thy greater honor and glory
Jun 12, 2007
OK
✟43,103.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
she's got no more experience as president than Bret Favre's wife has playing football... even if she was highly involved in other stuff in the same area, that in itself is not experience. sorry. watching someone else doesn't qualify as experience in any field I've heard of... only hands on. What she did was not hands on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums