✟9,312.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Libertarian
oa.jpg

CLINTON STAFFERS CIRCULATE 'DRESSED' OBAMA
Mon Feb 25 2008 06:51:00 ET

With a week to go until the Texas and Ohio primaries, stressed Clinton staffers circulated a photo over the weekend of a "dressed" Barack Obama.

The photo, taken in 2006, shows the Democrat frontrunner fitted as a Somali Elder, during his visit to Wajir, a rural area in northeastern Kenya.

The senator was on a five-country tour of Africa.

"Wouldn't we be seeing this on the cover of every magazine if it were HRC?" questioned one campaign staffer, in an email obtained by the DRUDGE REPORT.

In December, the campaign asked one of its volunteer county coordinators in Iowa to step down after the person forwarded an e-mail falsely stating that Barack Obama is a Muslim.

Obama campaign manager David Plouffe quickly accused the Clinton campaign Monday of 'shameful offensive fear-mongering' for circulating the snap.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashoa.htm

BlackAndy

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Dec 5, 2006
Hilliard, Ohio, USA
✟25,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My first impression was, "Why would they be mad?" then read a similar remark from HRCs campaign:

The Clinton campaign responded without acknowledging or denying the source of the photo, but turned the underlying prejudice on its head.
“If Barack Obama’s campaign wants to suggest that a photo of him wearing traditional Somali clothing is divisive, they should be ashamed. Hillary Clinton has worn the traditional clothing of countries she has visited and had those photos published widely,” Clinton campaign manager Maggie Williams said in a statement.

Upvote 0

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My first impression was, "Why would they be mad?" then read a similar remark from HRCs campaign:

The Clinton campaign responded without acknowledging or denying the source of the photo, but turned the underlying prejudice on its head.
“If Barack Obama’s campaign wants to suggest that a photo of him wearing traditional Somali clothing is divisive, they should be ashamed. Hillary Clinton has worn the traditional clothing of countries she has visited and had those photos published widely,” Clinton campaign manager Maggie Williams said in a statement.

My first impression was them trying to make him look like a eastern arab man. They already tried with his name.
This is another reason to study for ourself's, not rely on someone elses view. I am liking Obama so much more after seeing what her campaign is trying to pull.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is why I think Obama is the Kryptonite for Clinton,
Every thing she throws at him blows back on her.

She can handle the traditional candidate, but she doesn't know how to beat him.

I saw a advertisement asking if I thought Hillary will cry again. I believe, she will. At least once more,
when the wife of the first honorary black president looses the nomination to the first Black American presidential nominee. This will be the first real tears she will shed.

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The problem here is in the context. HRC wore the traditional wardrobe when she visited other countries as an emissary of the US. Now, she's using a photo taken in the same context, but using it for advantage in her presidential campaign.

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat

That doesn't strike you as odd?

"We're circulating this photo of Obama dressed in traditional clothes. If he doesn't like it, he should be ashamed. Ignore the fact that we put them out there in order to stir up anti-Obama sentiment in the first place."

It's true. The Clinton campaign is out of ideas. They don't know how to beat Obama, and they're going to do damage to the Democratic party as a whole the longer they continue this sort of childish behavior.

We can be better than this, people. The actions of the Clinton campaign are not the way politics needs to be.

Upvote 0

BlackAndy

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Dec 5, 2006
Hilliard, Ohio, USA
✟25,599.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That doesn't strike you as odd?

"We're circulating this photo of Obama dressed in traditional clothes. If he doesn't like it, he should be ashamed. Ignore the fact that we put them out there in order to stir up anti-Obama sentiment in the first place."

It's true. The Clinton campaign is out of ideas. They don't know how to beat Obama, and they're going to do damage to the Democratic party as a whole the longer they continue this sort of childish behavior.

We can be better than this, people. The actions of the Clinton campaign are not the way politics needs to be.
Everything the Dems do strikes me as odd...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Obama refuses to wear an American flag pin, refuses to respect the men and women who died to defend our flag by making a personal political statement by not wearing the pin but does wear the garb of a Somali elder to show respect to them.

About says it all I think.

Reactions: keeptrying
Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Obama refuses to wear an American flag pin, refuses to respect the men and women who died to defend our flag by making a personal political statement by not wearing the pin but does wear the garb of a Somali elder to show respect to them.

American flag pins are retarded. Plain and simple. They mean nothing and serve no purpose except to allow you to pull this sort of nonsense when a person doesn't wear it. They aren't patriotic. They don't show that you love freedom, or that you love the troops. They don't in any way demonstrate the strength of your candidacy.

What they do demonstrate is that if you wear on of the flag pins, you're a sheep who is more concerned about image than substance.

You know what shows that you care about our troops? Fighting for them. Getting them equipment, getting them rotated off duty properly, and getting them out when there is nothing more for them to accomplish.

You should be ashamed of yourself for implying that wearing a pin on your jacket is in any way an acceptable way of demonstrating support for the troops. These are the people who run our government, Voegelin. They have much better ways of supporting our troops than wearing pins.

Reactions: SallyNow
Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Obama refuses to wear an American flag pin, refuses to respect the men and women who died to defend our flag by making a personal political statement by not wearing the pin [snip]

Only you, only you could turn something as trivial as refusing to wear a pin, into the equivalent of "he doesn't respect our troops".

Yep, it says it all. Desperation, sheer desperation. :wave:

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everything the Dems do strikes me as odd...

If HRC was using these antics against the GOP though it would be endorsed by the donkeys...since Obama is the new darling child it just shows the Clinton machine more clearly for what it is...real fun to watch all this-the obvious 800 lb gorilla in the room to the rest of us is, why don't these to reconcile and join forces instead of all this stupid carrying on?

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Note that in 8 years in office the Clintons never nominated nor appointed one African American to a postion of real power in the cabinet. The Clintons had two Supreme Court picks and no blacks there either.

No surprise to me the Clintons and their faction of the party is doing what it is doing to Obama.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no proof the Clinton campaign started this. The media started it and then pointed the finger at Clinton to get everyone going about it. Just for clarification Obama's father was a muslim and he only joined his current "church" when he decided to campagne for president. Obama conducts a pie in the sky campaign with no experience to back it up. He has a pleasant personality and has the women swooning. This isn't a hollywood popularity contest although that's what it's becoming. Very scarey.

Upvote 0

Sphere

Sep 29, 2003
✟8,980.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Obama conducts a pie in the sky campaign with no experience to back it up.

experience is important to you huh? I guess you'll be casting your vote for McCain. :thumbsup:

Heck, it's a shame George Bush can't run again, he already has 7 years executive experience.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hat pictures can be very dangerous....
Hillary may not benifit from it, but I think we will see it many times before general election time.

If you plan on running for president, never wear a hat of any sort, those pictures have power.

Upvote 0