1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Naturism - Skinny Dipping

Discussion in 'Outdoor Activities & Nature' started by Natman, Sep 8, 2005.

As a Christian, have you ever gone skinny dipping?

1. Yes. All the time. Alone or in a crowd.

2. Yes. Sometimes. Alone or in a crowd.

3. Yes. All the time, but only alone.

4. Yes. Sometimes, but only alone.

5. Never.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. A Catholic Friend

A Catholic Friend Hello all!

Faith:
    Christian
    I was surprised that someone went into the pool area and saw me nude. But when I saw they were ok with nudism I knew I had nothing to fear.

Swimming nude is so natural and I want others around me to be comfortable whether they are a nudist or not.

2. A Catholic Friend

Faith:
    Christian
    This is the year I want to meet new nudist friends. Is it possible to meet nudists from online in a safe manner?

3. dayhiker

dayhiker Mature veteran

Faith:
    Charismatic
    I think it is.
    with some searching on the web you can find them.
    There tend to be more women than men.
    Some resorts require any men who visit to bring a wife or a female. A few resorts are now OK with just men showing up, but men in those situations have to play it pretty kool as aggressive men would scare of any women that are showing up.

4. A Catholic Friend

Faith:
    Christian
    Can a single man go to a resort with a single female friend if they are only friends?

Now how do we find the female friend?

5. Darkhorse

Darkhorse not PCUSA

Faith:
    Presbyterian
    Yes

Finding a willing female friend is the most difficult part (but not impossible!).

6. A Catholic Friend

Faith:
    Christian
    I think I am getting closer to getting back to social nudism again. Maybe I am 80 to 90% there.

Maybe I will find friends that will help me the other 10 to 20%. :)

7. peternat

peternat Newbie

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Christian and a naturist. I love the Lord, being saved by grace. I find no conflict from Scripture with naturism and being a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. What is important is that a Christian Naturist should live a life according to His word.

Have a blessed day
    Peter

8. A Catholic Friend

Faith:
    Christian
    Amen.

9. peternat

peternat Newbie

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, May Christ rule your life as well as mine, let us be the salt of the earth, lamps on lampstands, Letter written by the Holy Spirit and let us spread His fragrance in this world.
    Peter

10. gerbilgirl

gerbilgirl Member

Faith:
    Other-Religion
    never have, never will.

11. grandvizier1006

grandvizier1006 God's fifth-rate medic in the spiritual battle

Faith:
    Christian
    Yeah, this is one of those things that I can't do that everyone else can. Maybe alone, sure, but not with people. I've had issues with sexuality and nudity (maybe it's because I didn't grow up on a nudist colony full of average or ugly people in the middle of nowhere! :D;)) so I would certainly be tempted, possibly with either gender. If I got an erection, as I personally would expect, it would just be so humiliating. If the person is good-looking, then I can't be around them naked without lustful thoughts, far more so if it's some girl my age. If it's some older, less attractive person, then it would be disgusting to see them naked. And my body is scrawny, pale, ugly, and full of rashes and starting to get excess hair. I do NOT want anyone seeing me naked, nor would anyone want to.

If I ever were to do something like this with a group I'd have to start working out and get my image under control and then somehow control lustful urges and not get an erection. Too much impossible work.

Just my 2 cents, no nudist propaganda about how natural it is to be naked, please. What's natural for you is unnatural for me, and given my past sexuality issues nudity has aroused me when it really shouldn't have. So no thanks. Although advice as to what to do in this sort of situation if I ever "had" to do something like this is welcome.

mandyangel likes this.
  12. Johnnz

Johnnz Senior Veteran

Faith:
    Christian
    That is a sad post. I recognize some genuine concerns, but I see nothing that refers to the NT picture of who we are in Christ, and the part our body has in that. Yours is a societally induced viewpoint, not a biblical one it seems to me.

John
    NZ

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  13. grandvizier1006

Faith:
    Christian
    All I said was I didn't want to go skinny dipping any time soon and that it was one of those things that would be sinful for me but not for most other people.

14. FreeInChrist88

FreeInChrist88 Senior Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Hi Grand. I just wanted to respond to a few of your comments since I can relate to so much of it. I hope it encourages you.

When I was a young adult I had the same problem with sex and nudity. I connected nudity with sex. I was horrified that I would get an erection if I was ever nude in front of others. So I avoided any situation where I would need to be naked in front of others such as a locker room.

That changed when a friend of mine convinced me to visit the health club that he went to. In the men's locker room were a steam room, a sauna and a whirlpool. All the guys used the facilities there in the nude. I was horrified at the prospect but stepped out and did it. My first visit was unnerving as I struggled with a partial erection. I didn't spend much time in the locker room during my first visit but I at least faced my fear. I began coming back 2 or 3 times a week and found that after a while I was perfectly comfortable being nude with everyone.

My point is that a person can get past these kinds of concerns by facing them head on. Nudity is sexually arousing for you. You need some experiences with nudity to discover that it can be a very normal and very non-sexual.

You're in your sexual prime and so it is very natural and normal for you to be easily aroused sexually. Just about everyone adult male of has been through it, you're not alone.

I think what you said here is what Johnnz was addressing. You are beating yourself over your own perception of your body. Honestly, most people aren't going to pay that much attention. And if you think that you have to work out in order to avoid people's rejection of your body then you are chasing an impossible goal. No wonder it all seems so daunting to you! If you work out, do it for you and for your health not to make yourself more "acceptable" to others.

I hope this helps. I'm not trying to convince you to be a nudist or even go skinny-dipping. I just want to be free of the hang ups you mentioned.

15. grandvizier1006

Faith:
    Christian
    Well, thanks for the encouragement. I was a little bit ashamed of even posting this and was considering trying to find some way to delete it, but apparently my paranoia isn't as unfounded as I thought.

16. FreeInChrist88

FreeInChrist88 Senior Member

Faith:
    Christian
    I'm glad you had the courage to post what you did. Have you ever visited the Men's Corner in CF? It's a place you can let your hair down and talk about stuff like this.

17. grandvizier1006

Faith:
    Christian
    I haven't. Where is that exactly?

18. Darkhorse

Darkhorse not PCUSA

Faith:
    Presbyterian
    It's below the Life Stages area and above the Outreach area;

If you don't see it go up near the top and find the blue Member Assistance & Forum Features

then look for Forum Features & Support

then find Questions About CF

A sticky there tells you where to alert the staff.

(new members frequently can't see it until a staff member OKs it)

19. grandvizier1006

Faith:
    Christian