Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The chicken is tasty, but quite fatty, as I typically feel quite bloated after eating there.

The service has always been good there as well.

With McDonald's, I think people are really just burned out on the place. Chick fil A has only recently grown to other states besides the south, so newness is a big deal to some people and probably helps with momentum.
Well maybe a little, but if the service was bad it really would not matter how new they were.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I hardly think they were bad mouth for no reason.
As it turned out, the bad-mouthing was because someone disliked the political statements they made ... but that had not been stated at the time. The slanderous claims about Chick-Fil-A operations turned out to be totally false.
They choose to put their money in a cause, that deny people of their freedoms. Some people choose to not eat there, for that reason. I see nothing wrong with it.
I have neither a problem with people not eating there nor a problem with the way Chick-Fil-A runs their business.
I've known many "Christian" business owners that would cut out your heart and feed it to you sauteed in garlic butter.
That doesn't seem to be the case with Chick-Fil-A.
That said, you may be right. They certainly beat Hobby Lobby like a dog in terms of how they treat employees.
LOL, Hobby Lobby pays their employees very well. At that price they can reasonably have high work expectations.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I ate there for the first time in Lynnwood last Saturday. Super packed, but the lines moved reasonably fast. I don't eat fast food often, but I'll call this one my second favorite fast food chain after Five Guys. The waffle fries were actually really good.

Upvote 0

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that the whole industry has declined.

And the prices--well, they are no longer low.

Why pay $7.00 for mediocre food at a quick-service restaurant when for only about $3.00 more (that is including a gratuity) I can get higher quality food at a full-service restaurant?

When a meal at a quick-service restaurant was $3.00 or less it made sense to go there. Now it is a rip-off--if food is why you go there, at least.

Chick fil A is probably the most popular because it is where children want to go. The way that I have always understood it, families eat out where the children want to go, so if you want to be competitive you have to appeal to children.

Anyway, it can't be the food or the prices that keep the industry thriving.

And almost everywhere now the staff is inconsiderate, food is handled in an unsanitary manner, the dining room is not clean, and the level of professionalism is low. Liberally spraying chemicals onto the table next to me while I am trying to eat?! Cleaning the restrooms and then without washing their hands expediting my food?! Usually the only safe thing is to go through the drive-through--what I see is then minimized.

Upvote 0

JustHisKid

Jun 12, 2015
✟2,859.00
Faith
Christian
I think that the whole industry has declined.

And the prices--well, they are no longer low.

Why pay $7.00 for mediocre food at a quick-service restaurant when for only about $3.00 more (that is including a gratuity) I can get higher quality food at a full-service restaurant?

When a meal at a quick-service restaurant was $3.00 or less it made sense to go there. Now it is a rip-off--if food is why you go there, at least.

Chick fil A is probably the most popular because it is where children want to go. The way that I have always understood it, families eat out where the children want to go, so if you want to be competitive you have to appeal to children.

Anyway, it can't be the food or the prices that keep the industry thriving.

And almost everywhere now the staff is inconsiderate, food is handled in an unsanitary manner, the dining room is not clean, and the level of professionalism is low. Liberally spraying chemicals onto the table next to me while I am trying to eat?! Cleaning the restrooms and then without washing their hands expediting my food?! Usually the only safe thing is to go through the drive-through--what I see is then minimized.

It takes courage to be human? What does that even mean?

Upvote 0

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Also, the service at quick-service restaurants is often slow now.

A lot of the time it is because they are intentionally understaffed to save on labor costs. But a lot of the time it seems that they have forgotten that they are a quick-service restaurant and they work with very little urgency.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does it have a play area. Kids love play area's. Also I hardly got a choice, when it came to going to a restaurant, when I was a kid. Is this a new thing with families?

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does it have a play area. Kids love play area's. Also I hardly got a choice, when it came to going to a restaurant, when I was a kid. Is this a new thing with families?
No play areas. At least at the 3 in Washington state that I've been to.

I was rarely asked as a kid, too. But sometimes, it cuts down on the whining when they have some input. :D

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Wendy's has better chicken sandwiches and their food comes with the satisfaction of not knowing the owner's political views. Their restaurant is about their food, not their views.

How else is Chick-Fil-A going to be the favorite?

Upvote 0

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Does it have a play area. Kids love play area's...

Yes.

And every time I am in a Chick fil A the place is overflowing with families with children.

Also, there are always police officers and firefighters. They get a discount, apparently.

Also I hardly got a choice, when it came to going to a restaurant, when I was a kid. Is this a new thing with families?

Consumer tastes are changing. People now want fresh, non-GMO, minimally processed, etc.

But I remember when, according to what I read, it was understood that to be competitive in the industry you had to appeal to children. That is why most of McDonald's marketing--the TV commercials, the Happy Meals, etc.--was focused on children.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not against chicken sammiches. When I'm traveling, though, I usually prefer to avoid chain restaurants and aim to eat at places that are more unique in their areas.

^this.

I have never understood that idea to travel to new places and then eat the same junk you ate at home.

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Five Guys comes in second to In-n-Out. But to marinade a chicken and then bake it or grill it, beats the heck outta slapping a dry piece on a bun and calling it a sandwich.
We had a In-n-Out open on the west side of San Antonio recently, (first in the city) and my buddy who lives in that area hates it with a passion. Folks who moved here from California ensured that traffic was horrible on that road for a solid month after it opened.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
^this.

I have never understood that idea to travel to new places and then eat the same junk you ate at home.

Sometimes, it is better to be safe than sorry. Who wants food poisoning or some other sickness/reaction to food while on a family vacation or business trip? It's happened. Not fun.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sometimes, it is better to be safe than sorry. Who wants food poisoning or some other sickness/reaction to food while on a family vacation or business trip? It's happened. Not fun.

Why would you be more likely to get it from an independent restaurant rather than a chain? Imagine if you had eaten Jack N the Box in the Seattle area in the early nineties.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Don't eat from street vendors? Dunno what else to say about that man.

Upvote 0