Chick-Fil-A now the best fast food restaurant in US

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No play areas. At least at the 3 in Washington state that I've been to.

I was rarely asked as a kid, too. But sometimes, it cuts down on the whining when they have some input. :D
Whining wasn't tolerated, when I was a kid.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Five Guys comes in second to In-n-Out. But to marinade a chicken and then bake it or grill it, beats the heck outta slapping a dry piece on a bun and calling it a sandwich.
As much as I like In-n-Out, I think Five Guys is better. Also, Chick-Fil-A is good stuff and not at all how you're describing it. You do get better service there compared to other places. I can always tell if someone works at or used to work at a Chick-Fil-A. They'll throw the words, 'my pleasure' into a conversation, which I admit to finding a little creepy.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes.

And every time I am in a Chick fil A the place is overflowing with families with children.

Also, there are always police officers and firefighters. They get a discount, apparently.

Consumer tastes are changing. People now want fresh, non-GMO, minimally processed, etc.

But I remember when, according to what I read, it was understood that to be competitive in the industry you had to appeal to children. That is why most of McDonald's marketing--the TV commercials, the Happy Meals, etc.--was focused on children.
Some have play areas and some don't. Mc D's can be losing business, because some Mc D's got rid of their play areas and the food is nothing to be desired.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Don't eat from street vendors? Dunno what else to say about that man.
I gotta say that I love my city and county. Every restaurant- including our street vendors- have to display their public health rating for everyone to see.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
We had a In-n-Out open on the west side of San Antonio recently, (first in the city) and my buddy who lives in that area hates it with a passion. Folks who moved here from California ensured that traffic was horrible on that road for a solid month after it opened.
Durn Californians! The Real™ Texans won't touch that fresh California burger stuff. They might catch that liberal something or other...

And is that why traffic is so terrible here in Houston? Or is it all those OTHER out of staters? Or maybe it's because Texdot just can't get its act together.

Reactions: katautumn
Upvote 0

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
When the first Trader Joe's opened where I live there were people from California saying "Finally!".

I was not impressed at all by Trader Joe's, and feel like we never were missing anything without it.

That is a recurring theme: people from other markets say that we badly need this or that brand, store, etc. and then when we get it it is at best not a big deal and at worst extremely disappointing.

On the other hand, companies/brands that enter the market with little fanfare--maybe by chance you noticed the one paragraph about it in the business section of the newspaper--often turn out to be very good.

I have not visited Costco yet. People were saying that we badly needed Costco, and a big deal was made about it when it opened. It would not surprise me if it also turns out to be disappointing.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As much as I like In-n-Out, I think Five Guys is better. Also, Chick-Fil-A is good stuff and not at all how you're describing it. You do get better service there compared to other places. I can always tell if someone works at or used to work at a Chick-Fil-A. They'll throw the words, 'my pleasure' into a conversation, which I admit to finding a little creepy.

Agree.

IMO, in and out is overrated. I have had better burgers at numerous places.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When the first Trader Joe's opened where I live there were people from California saying "Finally!".

I was not impressed at all by Trader Joe's, and feel like we never were missing anything without it.

That is a recurring theme: people from other markets say that we badly need this or that brand, store, etc. and then when we get it it is at best not a big deal and at worst extremely disappointing.

On the other hand, companies/brands that enter the market with little fanfare--maybe by chance you noticed the one paragraph about it in the business section of the newspaper--often turn out to be very good.

I have not visited Costco yet. People were saying that we badly needed Costco, and a big deal was made about it when it opened. It would not surprise me if it also turns out to be disappointing.

I remember when Coors beer was only sold in certain parts of the United States, for the longest period of time and it was highly sought after by people, simply because they couldn't get it.

When it was distributed throughout the US, there was a run on the stuff and they were selling it like hot cakes. That is, until they figured out there was nothing special about it and now their sales are not the greatest.

The same thing will happen with Chick fil A, but maybe to a lessor degree.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would you be more likely to get it from an independent restaurant rather than a chain? Imagine if you had eaten Jack N the Box in the Seattle are in the early nineties.
From what I have seen and know, "local flavor" small time establishments aren't always the cleanest and most sanitary places. Not that big chains could be any different, but at least they have established corporate food handling and cleanliness standards in place. Whether they follow them or not is a different story.

Just sayin'.... :eek:

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember when Coors beer was only sold in certain parts of the United States, for the longest period of time and it was highly sought after by people, simply because they couldn't get it.

When it was distributed throughout the US, there was a run on the stuff and they were selling it like hot cakes. That is, until they figured out there was nothing special about it and now their sales are not the greatest.

The same thing will happen with Chick fil A, but maybe to a lessor degree.
Ah... the underlying plot of the classic Smokey and the Bandit! Bootlegging Coors across state lines from Texarkana to Georgia.... good stuff!

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Durn Californians! The Real™ Texans won't touch that fresh California burger stuff. They might catch that liberal something or other...

And is that why traffic is so terrible here in Houston? Or is it all those OTHER out of staters? Or maybe it's because Texdot just can't get its act together.

What an oddly hostile response to a post lacking any hostility.

My point was that it's apparently a really great place to eat as it's opening has snarled up traffic on that area. The people my buddy works with who are here from California go on about and how much they love it because it's reminds them of home.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
From what I have seen and know, "local flavor" small time establishments aren't always the cleanest and most sanitary places. Not that big chains could be any different, but at least they have established corporate food handling and cleanliness standards in place. Whether they follow them or not is a different story.

Just sayin'.... :eek:
Which is why publicly posting public health ratings should be a thing everywhere. If any establishment be it local, big chain, or food truck doesn't have that A rating right there, I don't eat there. B and C ratings need not apply. I know they do this in other places in the country too besides where I live. I was pleased to see the same system in San Diego when visiting family.

Upvote 0

LOVEthroughINTELLECT

The courage to be human
Jul 30, 2005
✟25,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Chick fil A has great fast, friendly service and clean stores.

And the food is better than average for a quick-service restaurant. It is fifty times better than, say, Taco Bell. It is a hundred times better than McDonald's.

The only problem with Chick fil A is that you have three choices: chicken, chicken and chicken. They need more variety.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
As it turned out, the bad-mouthing was because someone disliked the political statements they made ... but that had not been stated at the time. The slanderous claims about Chick-Fil-A operations turned out to be totally false.
Are you saying the owner never put money into a prop 8, so they could try to stop gay marriage?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying the owner never put money into a prop 8, so they could try to stop gay marriage?
That, or similar actions by the owner, could very well have been the reason Chick-Fil-A was bad-mouthed here ... but that was never mentioned. Instead, inaccurate slanderous statements about Chick-Fil-A operations were made.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2009
✟17,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I ate there once. Once was enough to know a dry piece of chicken in a bun with lettuce and whatnot wasn't appetizing.

Dry chicken and lettuce? Are you sure you ate at Chick-fil-A?

Man! now I have an In-N-Out urge! They do one thing and know how to do it well. :oldthumbsup:

I was led to believe In-N-Out was a life changing experience. It wasn't.

Upvote 0