Can algorithms tell us who wrote the Bible?

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, first round deadlines have passed (including interviews), and second round deadlines aren't till January. So basically there's a lull in the frenzy to study an MBA at a top 10 school in the USA.

So I have time to criticize what passes for logic around here.

Oh we welcome your regular forays into the forums.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I'm no expert on the matter, but according to http://www.therefinersfire.org/jews_return_to_israel.htm the answer would be Isaiah 11.
Israel became a nation May 14, 1948. There was a huge controversy leading up to this event. There were Hebrews that believed that Israel should not become a nation until the Messiah came. What is the first coming for them is the second coming for us. Or really what some refer to as the third coming of the Christ. When He establishes His Kingdom here on this earth and He shall rule and reign for 1,000 years. We often see this passage on Christmas cards.

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.7There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness From then on and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this." Isa 9:6

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, first round deadlines have passed (including interviews), and second round deadlines aren't till January. So basically there's a lull in the frenzy to study an MBA at a top 10 school in the USA.

So I have time to criticize what passes for logic around here.
My son needs 20 credits to graduate from High School and He is going to have 30. I got to do something to get him busy to fill out applications for scholarships for extra money. I understand that the deadlines are coming up soon after Christmas. They gave him a pretty nice amount with his acceptance letter from the university, so he is half way there.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It has got nothing to do with Evolution. For most of the previous two millennia Jews were a persecuted minority, and it was only the Nazi atrocities which finally brought that to an end. It is not exactly likely that there would have been much interbreeding with the persecuting majority.
Of course it has something to do with Evolution. Inbreeding and genetic drift if nothing else.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Of course it has something to do with Evolution. Inbreeding and genetic drift if nothing else.

1.) Evolution takes about 10,000 years to work even a small change in a species.

2.) Evolution is in no way relevant to the fact that the Jews managed to maintain their ethnic identity for 2,000 years.

Perhaps you should read your own posts.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1.) Evolution takes about 10,000 years to work even a small change in a species.

2.) Evolution is in no way relevant to the fact that the Jews managed to maintain their ethnic identity for 2,000 years.

Perhaps you should read your own posts.
The Amish community has extreme health issues from inbreeding. They have NOT been there for 10,000 years. In fact you can have inbreeding issues in a fairly short period of time. This is an epidemic issue in the breeding mills when you buy an animal from a pet store.

You are much better off with a mutt then a purebred dog when it comes to health issues.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems all believers have or will ever have are the words of men, even if science finds out who wrote the books of the Bible the answer will still be men, what difference will it make if names are put to those men they will still be only men.
If people are comfortable with taking the word of men then that's OK, we are not 100% sure Shakespeare wrote all those plays in the 1600's so what is the likelihood of finding out who wrote the books of the Bible 2000 years ago? not only that but Jesus had been dead for at least 60 years and some time 90 years before a word was written about him and people have no trouble believing that what they read is what "Jesus said", when in fact the truth is no one knows what Jesus said?

How about just putting names to the books and telling people the research has been done? in a generations time the people will accept the names as being the real authors because they won't know any different.
The point is: No matter how many people contribute to the Bible, there is no error or contradiction. The Bible is 100% absolute truth, even from the beginning. Science can not duplicate that. With science new information changes what we consider to be facts. With the Bible there really is no new information, only a better understanding of what we already knew. Because Moses had all of God's plan of salvation and nothing has been added to the plan. Only we now have better understanding. So everything in the Bible can be checked with what we received from Moses over 3500 years ago. Even every little minute detail of the temple has meaning. I know pastors with only two year degrees that can do a very good job of teaching the meaning of the shadows and the types of all the symbolism we find in the temple. They did not learn that in school. They learn from the Holy Spirit of God that guides us and leads us into the truth.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The point is: No matter how many people contribute to the Bible, there is no error or contradiction. The Bible is 100% absolute truth, even from the beginning. Science can not duplicate that. With science new information changes what we consider to be facts. With the Bible there really is no new information, only a better understanding of what we already knew. Because Moses had all of God's plan of salvation and nothing has been added to the plan. Only we now have better understanding. So everything in the Bible can be checked with what we received from Moses over 3500 years ago. Even every little minute detail of the temple has meaning. I know pastors with only two year degrees that can do a very good job of teaching the meaning of the shadows and the types of all the symbolism we find in the temple. They did not learn that in school. They learn from the Holy Spirit of God that guides us and leads us into the truth.

Yea, you keep saying that, but can't demonstrate that you are correct.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yea, you keep saying that, but can't demonstrate that you are correct.
Of course I can not prove all of the Bible even if we had all of eternity we would only be getting started. Even if I had every book in the world filled with evidence and proof for the Bible we would still only be getting started. Even if I had every bit and every byte that ever was, we would still only be getting started. If I had all the wisdom and all the knowledge that ever was and ever will be. Still we would only be getting started. When you go as far as man can go and accomplish as much as man is able to accomplish, God is still only just beginning.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course I can not prove all of the Bible even if we had all of eternity we would only be getting started. Even if I had every book in the world filled with evidence and proof for the Bible we would still only be getting started. Even if I had ever bit and every byte that ever was, we would still only be getting started.

That isn't what you have stated before.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That isn't what you have stated before.
I never said I could do all of it, that is absurd. There is a LIMIT to man's understanding, there is no limit to God. He is eternal so what is temporal is limited in dealing with the eternal. All of the Bible is fact and truth. I continually prove the Bible is accurate and true.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I never said I could do all of it, that is absurd. There is a LIMIT to man's understanding, there is no limit to God. He is eternal so what is temporal is limited in dealing with the eternal. All of the Bible is fact and truth. I continually prove the Bible is accurate and true.

Can you contradict yourself a little more?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The only atheists I run into are pretty much online. Of course there are atheists that like to capitalize on their atheism to sell books and make money to put in their pocket and spend on their own indulgences. Which makes it sound like we are dealing with people with supercharged egos. Do they reject God or does God reject them. Of course God rejects all of His creation, that is why we need to be redeemed, restored and born again so that along with all of creation we can return back to God's plan for us. His original plan and yet something is gained and learned along the way as all things work together for good to benefit us from our experience.
I don't capitalize on my atheism, nor do I deny the possibility of deities existing. This is what the majority of atheists are like. But of course, we aren't as vocal as those on the more extreme ends. I would rather you not think anti-theism is the norm, because it's not.

Some people say that God puts a little part of Himself in all people. So in effect we would have to deny ourself to deny God. So atheists look to project and argue with others but the argument really is within themselves. Of course we need to be happy with who we are because we can never really get away from ourselves. Perhaps the atheists can explain to me how they can be at peace with themselves when they are not at peace with God. How can they accuse God of wrong doing without accusing themselves?

I think you must be referring to the Christian god specifically, because I find most Norse gods to be pretty selfless and kind. I have no issue viewing the act of killing everything because of an easily prevented mistake, and sentencing beings to eternal torment on the basis of belief, of all things, to be horrendously immoral. I wouldn't do that even if I had the power to do so, I don't even do that it SIMS games where I do have the power to do stuff like that, and those creatures aren't even real.

But, what makes you think morality has anything to do with belief? I don't believe in the Christian god due to lack of evidence, not because I disagree with its behavior. It's behavior is irrelevant. I don't find murderers moral either, but I never doubt that they exist, thanks to the evidence for their existence.

Also, what "some people" say, I don't agree with, for if there is no god to put pieces into people, then obviously we wouldn't have a little bit of god in all of us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't capitalize on my atheism, nor do I deny the possibility of deities existing. This is what the majority of atheists are like. But of course, we aren't as vocal as those on the more extreme ends. I would rather you not think anti-theism is the norm, because it's not.

I think you must be referring to the Christian god specifically, because I find most Norse gods to be pretty selfless and kind. I have no issue viewing the act of killing everything because of an easily prevented mistake, and sentencing beings to eternal torment on the basis of belief, of all things, to be horrendously immoral. I wouldn't do that even if I had the power to do so, I don't even do that it SIMS games where I do have the power to do stuff like that, and those creatures aren't even real.

But, what makes you think morality has anything to do with belief? I don't believe in the Christian god due to lack of evidence, not because I disagree with its behavior. It's behavior is irrelevant. I don't find murderers moral either, but I never doubt that they exist, thanks to the evidence for their existence.

Also, what "some people" say, I don't agree with, for if there is no god to put pieces into people, then obviously we wouldn't have a little bit of god in all of us.
I killed a rabbit once and I did not like the feeling at all. So that pretty well set the tone for me. I never wanted to participate an any sort of a war because it does not make any sense at all that people should try to harm each other on purpose. We should do all we can not to harm others, not to harm animals and not to harm the earth in any way.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I killed a rabbit once and I did not like the feeling at all. So that pretty well set the tone for me. I never wanted to participate an any sort of a war because it does not make any sense at all that people should try to harm each other on purpose. We should do all we can not to harm others, not to harm animals and not to harm the earth in any way.
This has nothing to do with anything I said, but ok, I guess. You know, you are an intelligent person and it's nice to have discussions with you, but sometimes your responses make me wonder if you always read what other people say.

Upvote 0