Can algorithms tell us who wrote the Bible?

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes the Bible was recorded by men that were inspired by God. The atheist is in denial that man can be inspired by His creator. This I presume is because they for the most part have never had that experience. So they exclude God from their lives. But just because God is excluded from their life does not mean that God is not a part of the lives of believers.
No, we just don't think God exists. People can be inspired by stories and concepts, regardless as to how much reality is in them.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, we just don't think God exists. People can be inspired by stories and concepts, regardless as to how much reality is in them.
That is fine if people want to consider God as a concept, but the atheists are so anti God so that they do not even want to consider Him as a concept. We enter His gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise. It is through grumbling and complaining that people are not able to enter in through the gates. Now they are telling me that there are logic gates and there are gates in the computer. The Bible talks about gates and how we enter in through those gates.

My experience with atheists is when they tell me their concept of God, I tend to agree with them that their concept of God could not exist. That does not mean there is no God, just that they do not now God or have a proper concept of God.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My son is wanting to get into that field. He does not know if he wants computer science or computer engineering. But his brother is trying to get him to study BOTH so he can build the equipment and program it. Of course they have had robotics for a long time now. Only they are making some progress to where they are able to do a lot more. It is sort of unusual to think that he will be make very good money building the systems that will put people out of work.

Unfortunately, it is inevitable. The thing feeds on our major weakness and that is greed.

Choosing a career is a complicated one and may have devastating consequences to one's future if not carefully considered. Please do not take this advice seriously:

You get to learn BOTH in Computer engineering and it is superior from a capability standpoint but also a much more difficult course. But if you're looking to become a software developer, companies may prefer computer science graduates instead.

I made the worst career decision so ended up as a clerk. So please don't take my advice seriously!

Be smart early on because 2nd chances don't usually come. For most people, they don't.

But you can learn everything from the internet these days. Even make your own autonomous drone with DIY arduino kits (for designing and programming your own electronic board). I haven't bothered yet. most of my free time efforts I spend on my own version of artificial intelligence. The high level design of the algorithm is still very early stage.

It's a dangerous hobby these days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but also a much more difficult course.
He does not seem to be worried about difficult. He needs 20 credits to graduate from High School and he will have 30. So he is already doing 50% more work then what is required of him. Of course it will be difficult, if it were not difficult then everyone would be doing it.

funnyfitnessquotes.png

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
He does not seem to be worried about difficult. He needs 20 credits to graduate from High School and he will have 30. So he is already doing 50% more work then what is required of him. Of course it will be difficult, if it were not difficult then everyone would be doing it.

Wish I had been more like your son when I was young.

I would not have gone through computer engineering by the time I entered university. I did not have good enough cognitive abilities back then to enter the more serious engineering courses.

But now nearing 40's my cognitive abilities increased dramatically and I became really good at math. It doesn't usually happen to people at this age. It's some cruel joke by fate like hanging a carrot stick by my face to get me somewhere. But it's too late, I can't go back to study anymore.

Your son will do great!

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wish I had been more like your son when I was young.

I would not have gone through computer engineering by the time I entered university. I did not have good enough cognitive abilities back then to enter the more serious engineering courses.

But now nearing 40's my cognitive abilities increased dramatically and I became really good at math. It doesn't usually happen to people at this age. It's some cruel joke by fate like hanging a carrot stick by my face to get me somewhere. But it's too late, I can't go back to study anymore.

Your son will do great!
Why can't you go back? I know lots of people that go back. My brother got his masters degree in business administration. It took him three years in the evenings but he did it. Grandma Moses began painting at the age of 78, she is often cited as an example of an individual successfully beginning a career in the arts at an advanced age.

We are going to rule and reign with Christ for 1,000 years, so we should get all the knowledge and understanding that we can get when we are given the opportunity.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why can't you go back? I know lots of people that go back. My brother got his masters degree in business administration. It took him three years in the evenings but he did it. Grandma Moses began painting at the age of 78, she is often cited as an example of an individual successfully beginning a career in the arts at an advanced age.

We are going to rule and reign with Christ for 1,000 years, so we should get all the knowledge and understanding that we can get when we are given the opportunity.

There are also lots of people who can't. I have my reasons why I can't. I would have grabbed the opportunity in a heartbeat if I could.

But I do quite a lot of self-studying from free online resources. That is how I figured out how to automate most of my work in the office.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are also lots of people who can't. I have my reasons why I can't. I would have grabbed the opportunity in a heartbeat if I could.

But I do quite a lot of self-studying from free online resources. That is how I figured out how to automate most of my work in the office.
There is a huge amount of resources on youtube. I like to attend some of the classes and listen to the lectures from Harvard University. Not that I am able to function at that level but it is still interesting.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,775.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
There is a huge amount of resources on youtube. I like to attend some of the classes and listen to the lectures from Harvard University. Not that I am able to function at that level but it is still interesting.

Youtube is where I learned how to troubleshoot and fix so many things. Harvard lectures? Perhaps I could use that to get to sleep quickly!

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Youtube is where I learned how to troubleshoot and fix so many things. Harvard lectures? Perhaps I could use that to get to sleep quickly!
I have done that. But on a sermon on youtube and it puts me right to sleep.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is fine if people want to consider God as a concept, but the atheists are so anti God so that they do not even want to consider Him as a concept.
I don't know what kind of atheists you have been exposed to, but I haven't even encountered an anti-theist, the worst of the worst, that would say that deities aren't even concepts. That, or the word concept doesn't mean what you think it means. I can conceptualize a deity, in my mind. This deity is now a concept. Is it real or not? Maybe, but that has no bearing on the fact that it is now a concept. Any person that can say the sentence "god is not a concept" has to be lying, because in order to say that sentence without using words one doesn't know, they have to have some idea of what "god" means.
We enter His gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise. It is through grumbling and complaining that people are not able to enter in through the gates. Now they are telling me that there are logic gates and there are gates in the computer. The Bible talks about gates and how we enter in through those gates.
Lots of gate talk, but I have no idea what this is suppose to be getting at.
My experience with atheists is when they tell me their concept of God, I tend to agree with them that their concept of God could not exist. That does not mean there is no God, just that they do not now God or have a proper concept of God.
Then they do think god is a concept after all. But I'm not an atheist because I don't think my personal concept of a deity is impossible, on the contrary, I think it is completely possible. I am an atheist because of a lack of evidence that my idea of god, or any other, exists.

Upvote 0

Aelred of Rievaulx

Nov 11, 2015
✟12,231.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think the current academic consensus is still that the Pentateuch was written by the Jahwist, Elohist, Priestly and Deuteronomic authors, yet this documentary hypothesis has been significantly criticised by RN Wybray back in 1987 and currently there are quite a few scholars (particularly the biblical minimalists) who tend to view the Pentateuch (along with most of the OT) as a Persio-Hellenistic text. I, for many reasons, would agree and I'd agree with Wybray also that it is quite impossible to identify different sources in the texts. Most biblical scholars today, as far as I can tell, seem to be more interested in thematic studies and commentaries on the "final versions" rather than digging around the texts to find a pre-history.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what kind of atheists you have been exposed to, but I haven't even encountered an anti-theist, the worst of the worst, that would say that deities aren't even concepts. That, or the word concept doesn't mean what you think it means. I can conceptualize a deity, in my mind. This deity is now a concept. Is it real or not? Maybe, but that has no bearing on the fact that it is now a concept. Any person that can say the sentence "god is not a concept" has to be lying, because in order to say that sentence without using words one doesn't know, they have to have some idea of what "god" means.

Lots of gate talk, but I have no idea what this is suppose to be getting at.
Then they do think god is a concept after all. But I'm not an atheist because I don't think my personal concept of a deity is impossible, on the contrary, I think it is completely possible. I am an atheist because of a lack of evidence that my idea of god, or any other, exists.
The only atheists I run into are pretty much online. Of course there are atheists that like to capitalize on their atheism to sell books and make money to put in their pocket and spend on their own indulgences. Which makes it sound like we are dealing with people with supercharged egos. Do they reject God or does God reject them. Of course God rejects all of His creation, that is why we need to be redeemed, restored and born again so that along with all of creation we can return back to God's plan for us. His original plan and yet something is gained and learned along the way as all things work together for good to benefit us from our experience.

Some people say that God puts a little part of Himself in all people. So in effect we would have to deny ourself to deny God. So atheists look to project and argue with others but the argument really is within themselves. Of course we need to be happy with who we are because we can never really get away from ourselves. Perhaps the atheists can explain to me how they can be at peace with themselves when they are not at peace with God. How can they accuse God of wrong doing without accusing themselves?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I could teach you what they have completely missed about the Bible

Yes, there is a way you can use mathematics to prove things about the Bible

Who wants to go there ?

Can mathematics also be used to disprove certain claims of the bible? Or can it only be used, to prove things about the bible?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could teach you what they have completely missed about the Bible

Yes, there is a way you can use mathematics to prove things about the Bible

Who wants to go there ?
You have mathematical proof for the Bible?

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can mathematics also be used to disprove certain claims of the bible? Or can it only be used, to prove things about the bible?
In over 3500 years nothing has ever been disproved in the Bible. Why would anyone be able to come up with anything now after all those years?

Upvote 0