Discussion Cakes,lawsuits,and a Holy Spirit filled life.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If I'm not mistaken, most people would define participating in homosexuality as requiring you to remove your clothes. It is a HUGE stretch to try and make the baking and selling of a cake as "participation". And, no, you wouldn't be celebrating the marriage either by baking the cake. The celebrants EAT the cake, not bake it.

Actually, what you espouse isn't "hate the sin, love the sinner". It is "hate the sin, avoid the sinner". If anyone can avoid sinners with a clear conscience, I have serious doubts about the health of their conscience.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying at all when you keep responding like this. I never said anything about avoiding contact with sinners. If you disagree, then quote me where I ever said that we're to have no contact with them. What I have said, in fact, is that we are not to participate in their sin. If the Christian baker feels in his conscience that it's wrong to be baking a cake for what he knows is a "wedding" between 2 men, and he is to decorate it to commemorate a homosexual "wedding", then if it is sin to him to do so, then to him it is sin.

As for your statement, "most people would define participating in homosexuality as requiring you to remove your clothes. It is a HUGE stretch to try and make the baking and selling of a cake as "participation"--I think you understand very well that the participation I'm referring to is the participation in facilitating a part of a homosexual "wedding", not in homosexuality itself.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
+*
It is my own belief that the reason behind the weakness of the Church is their lack of faith. And, that lack of faith is directly tied to their refusal to study God's Word. Instead, they insist someone else do it for them and handfeed them. Faith comes from hearing, and hearing from the Word of God. It doesn't come from sitting in a pew and listening to what someone else tells you the Scripture says, or googling somebody else's interpretations. I'm NOT against preaching or teaching. But, it is God's command that we each be able to discern God's Word. When we allow ourselves a diet of only preaching and teaching, we are missing a vast portion of what God intends for us to have. Without that portion, faith dwindles, and power is lost.

Being friendly with the unsaved is not being friendly with the world. It's quite apparent that you still think "world" means people. It doesn't.
yes the religious of the day called the lord Jesus a "friend of sinners " and they did so in judgmental tones .. later they crucified him ..

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is clear you do not understand the concept of "friendship with the world". The "world", in the Scriptural sense, isn't people, it's a system of philosophy. You have decided that it is people

And what is it that embodies that system of philosophy? Is it not people?
To paraphrase a cliche': Hate the philosophy, love the philosopher.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
lets clarify a point .. there will be no sodomites in heaven .. or murderers or liars or thieves etc ..only people who have been born again of the spirit of God and thus by faith become a NEW CREATURE in Christ Jesus.

I won't argue with that!

Upvote 0

OliviaMay

Jul 16, 2015
✟1,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
lets clarify a point .. there will be no sodomites in heaven .. or murderers or liars or thieves etc ..only people who have been born again of the spirit of God and thus by faith become a NEW CREATURE in Christ Jesus.

Sure there will be all of those things in heaven. I haven't met a perfect person yet. Even the ones who claim to be born again. Sometimes particularly the ones who claim to be born again.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sure there will be all of those things in heaven. I haven't met a perfect person yet. Even the ones who claim to be born again. Sometimes particularly the ones who claim to be born again.

Born again means forgiven, not perfect.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
..i think you may have missed the point there .. when we are in Christ .. we become a new creation . if we truly be in him by faith .

And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OliviaMay

Jul 16, 2015
✟1,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
..i think you may have missed the point there .. when we are in Christ .. we become a new creation . if we truly be in him by faith .

And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. "He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Meh. We are forgiven and so we will be fine. I can't wait to give my fellow heathen hugs in heaven.

You write like you take pleasure from the thought of people suffering in hell. I don't think that is healthy or what God wants.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Meh. We are forgiven and so we will be fine. I can't wait to give my fellow heathen hugs in heaven.

You write like you take pleasure from the thought of people suffering in hell. I don't think that is healthy or what God wants.

Fellow heathen? Your profile says you're Christian.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The one who takes pleasure is the devil who fools people into thinking they don't have to repent.

Upvote 0

OliviaMay

Jul 16, 2015
✟1,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The one who takes pleasure is the devil who fools people into thinking they don't have to repent.

I see far too many people claiming to be Christian have glee in their tone when they talk about how they imagine people will suffer and be tortured. It is quite sickening. That is one way God tells me hell isn't real. For those that love the concept are not of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I see far too many people claiming to be Christian have glee in their tone when they talk about how they imagine people will suffer and be tortured. It is quite sickening. That is one way God tells me hell isn't real. For those that love the concept are not of God.

Yeah, I've always wondered about those people. If they themselves have seen that Hell is something to avoid, and that Jesus provided us a way out, then why would the same person be happy to see anyone else go there?

Upvote 0

OliviaMay

Jul 16, 2015
✟1,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I've always wondered about those people. If they themselves have seen that Hell is something to avoid, and that Jesus provided us a way out, then why would the same person be happy to see anyone else go there?

They aren't nice people and have evil in their hearts.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

We are new creations- but we still fall. If we repent and turn away from our sins, we will be forgiven fully. There are some Christians that were Christian before murdering someone, and afterwards have repented sincerely to God. They no longer have the stain of sin of that murder, though they are still technically murderers.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Wow..perhaps you shluld scroll further back...

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean ... there are perhaps 2 on this thread who spoke that way.most have expressed the opposite.so its not right to make such a sweeping accusation.youve got it wrong .

Upvote 0