Discussion Cakes,lawsuits,and a Holy Spirit filled life.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I mean ... there are perhaps 2 on this thread who spoke that way.most have expressed the opposite.so its not right to make such a sweeping accusation.youve got it wrong .

Well, 2 can be far too many. But I think she meant far too many in general.

Upvote 0

Farm Truck

Custom Title:
Jul 19, 2015
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All that matters is... What God says.

Let God be true and every man a liar - Romans 3:4

I see far too many people claiming to be Christian have glee in their tone when they talk about how they imagine people will suffer and be tortured. It is quite sickening

Glee? Is this a singing show?

No glee, just informing those that need to hear the warnings God put in His Word.

hell is actually a real place according to Jesus and unfortunately some will be attending the festivities there rather than attending the marriage supper of the Lamb.

This is a fact according to Jesus. Surely you've seen what He said about this, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

StephanieSomer

Mar 16, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
✟12,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Let God be true and every man a liar - Romans 3:4

No glee, just informing those that need to hear the warnings God put in His Word.

hell is actually a real place according to Jesus and unfortunately some will be attending the festivities there rather than attending the marriage supper of the Lamb.

This is a fact according to Jesus. Surely you've seen what He said about this, right?

True. And it is very highly doubtful that anyone who rejoices in the death of the wicked will be at that supper. After all, God Himself doesn't take any joy in their demise. So, it follows that anyone who does, doesn't share God's Spirit.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Farm Truck

Custom Title:
Jul 19, 2015
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
anyone who rejoices in the death of the wicked

Who's rejoicing at the death of the wicked???

Regardless, God has the right to purge His creation from darkness, and that's exactly what He is going to do.

He said man is without excuse, so apparently everyone has had opportunity to get right with God... otherwise it would be unjust of God to kick them off in to the lake of fire.

We do need to stick with the facts according to God's Word.

Upvote 0

StephanieSomer

Mar 16, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
✟12,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who's rejoicing at the death of the wicked???

Regardless, God has the right to purge His creation from darkness, and that's exactly what He is going to do.

He said man is without excuse, so apparently everyone has had opportunity to get right with God... otherwise it would be unjust of God to kick them off in to the lake of fire.

We do need to stick with the facts according to God's Word.

I agree. Especially where it says that those who have not extended a spirit of mercy shall not get any. And Scripture clearly says that mercy triumphs over judgement. Apparently God holds a merciful spirit as of more value than a critical one. A merciful heart doesn't point fingers and make constant accusations, especially on the same issue time and again. But, even those have an opportunity to get right with God.

Upvote 0

Farm Truck

Custom Title:
Jul 19, 2015
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What about a Spirit that reminds people of what the New Testament says... shall we ignore truth???

Repeating what God says is not judging others, it's simply saying "hey, check out what God said here" when others willingly ignore most of the New Testament.

Jesus and Paul reminded people they spoke with of things God said... maybe they were having problems with their love walk.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Meh. We are forgiven and so we will be fine. I can't wait to give my fellow heathen hugs in heaven.

You write like you take pleasure from the thought of people suffering in hell. I don't think that is healthy or what God wants.
never saw this past post .. its odd being that im one advocating that we love rather then judge ,share the gospel rather then point the finger ..etc

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If they demand one cake, make them two.

Do not participate in their blasphemous ritual.

If someone dares you to break into someone's house, break into 2 houses. Maybe the homeowner will be there and you can witness to them. If not, you can witness to the person who dared you while you're carting out the loot.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If someone dares you to break into someone's house, break into 2 houses. Maybe the homeowner will be there and you can witness to them. If not, you can witness to the person who dared you while you're carting out the loot.
Well it is not a crime to make a cake.... nor is it a crime to wear a coat.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well it is not a crime to make a cake.... nor is it a crime to wear a coat.

It's not a crime to pick your nose and eat it either, but if a person thinks that's not the right thing to do, they shouldn't be forced into doing it--once or twice.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did not come for an argument... only to say we walk in love all the while not contamination ourselves with the abominable work. Love makes the cakes. But if they insist on our writing something on the cake that offends our faith and love for God then sent me to jail! We should not bow the knee to any false God.
Nor would I participate in whatever their blasphemous ritual may entail.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's not a crime to pick your nose and eat it either, but if a person thinks that's not the right thing to do, they shouldn't be forced into doing it--once or twice.
Well that might apply if you ran a booger store.... but otherwise do what love says.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that depends .. are they holding that stance as a personal judgment of another to satisfy themselves ?
you see "love " does not seek its own but the good of others .. .. i think it is of interest in the furtherance of the gospel to ask which is the better vehicle of the gospel . ?
to say .. i wont bake you a cake because your evil .. or to say ..i will bake you a cake (in so much as it is not perverse in shape ) because the lord Jesus loves you and has a better way for you , a way of life everlasting .. etc .. which action -in ANY scenario- will deliver the Gospel in the best way.

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
that depends .. are they holding that stance as a personal judgment of another to satisfy themselves ?
you see "love " does not seek its own but the good of others .. .. i think it is of interest in the furtherance of the gospel to ask which is the better vehicle of the gospel . ?
to say .. i wont bake you a cake because your evil .. or to say ..i will bake you a cake (in so much as it is not perverse in shape ) because the lord Jesus loves you and has a better way for you , a way of life everlasting .. etc .. which action -in ANY scenario- will deliver the Gospel in the best way.

And to get to this new and better way Jesus has for them, I'm supposed to do something that I believe endorses perverse behavior? If I wasn't Christian, and I wanted a Christian to do something that promoted perverse behavior, I would believe that they were perfectly fine with what I was doing.
Sometimes you have to "rock the boat" to get a message across.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And to get to this new and better way Jesus has for them, I'm supposed to do something that I believe endorses perverse behavior? If I wasn't Christian, and I wanted a Christian to do something that promoted perverse behavior, I would believe that they were perfectly fine with what I was doing.
Sometimes you have to "rock the boat" to get a message across.
well we have the past to observe .. thus far rocking the n boat and enforcing judgment on perverse people has only ever strengthened their resolve to remain in it and aided them in bringing about the present perverse laws of the land ..
So i observe it has not thus far worked well

Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0

Farm Truck

Custom Title:
Jul 19, 2015
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
it is not a crime to make a cake....

Apparently is is a crime to NOT make the cake for gay peoples.

Well that might apply if you ran a booger store.... but otherwise do what love says.

Love (God) does not demand that we violate our conscience and serve sinful people in such a way as to enable and encourage them in their sinful lifestyle... whatever that sinful lifestyle may be.

If you believe He does... then you should become a missionary to the gay peoples... maybe that is your calling to be gay friendly and gay affirming.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Quote: I see far too many people claiming to be Christian have glee in their tone when they talk about how they imagine people will suffer and be tortured. It is quite sickening

I agree with the earlier poster in respect to how God EXPECTS and DESIRES us to handle situations with non-believers. What is desired of us by God is to share the Good News. The Good News is that Christ died for their sins and that their is a Savior for sin.

But how do we present God and His Good News of the gospel?

Is our attitude, they need to hear that they are going to hell? They need to hear this or that? God told us to share the Good News of the gospel with the world and as the poster said, that should be positive for the person in general. Hell can and sometimes needs to be mentioned, but do we take an adequate amount of time to choose our words and spend with the unbeliever? Or are we in a rush to get on with our lives and just tell them anything that the Word says? Unbeliever's do not know the Word or the context many times of what we are saying.

As representatives of Christ on earth, we are to be good stewards of our knowledge and communicate with non-beleivers and other effectively. Not just say they are going to hell and move on to what we need to do that day. We are to be communicators for Christ, not just the speakers of words in the Word for the benefit of having told them something.

Upvote 0