PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Again I already told you the story of the boy with Polio. There was only so much science could do for him. Religion was able to offer him a lot of encouragement and hope that he was not able to receive from science. Why should we deny him of that? The answer is that we should not. Religion does what religion is able to do to help, science does what science is able to do to help. Everyone is doing all they can to help people. So people can take advantage of science and religion to get all the help that it available to them.
What makes you think that I, an agnostic atheist seeker, wish to deny others the faith that I myself wish to obtain? Most atheists are not antitheists; we don't give a crap if other people have faith or not, as long as they aren't pushy about it.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Again I already told you the story of the boy with Polio. There was only so much science could do for him.

Science had made sure nobody else ever gets Polio again... not too shabby...

Religion was able to offer him a lot of encouragement and hope that he was not able to receive from science.

Was it God's will that he got Polio, or was that detail left out?

Why should we deny him of that? The answer is that we should not. Religion does what religion is able to do to help, science does what science is able to do to help. Everyone is doing all they can to help people. So people can take advantage of science and religion to get all the help that it available to them.

One of those two has since eradicated Polio.... just sayin'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again I already told you the story of the boy with Polio. There was only so much science could do for him. Religion was able to offer him a lot of encouragement and hope that he was not able to receive from science. Why should we deny him of that? The answer is that we should not. Religion does what religion is able to do to help, science does what science is able to do to help. Everyone is doing all they can to help people. So people can take advantage of science and religion to get all the help that it available to them.

Well why do you think nobody in my generation in America has ever had polio?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
By your logic then you should give up what God provides for you. So don't breath His air and don't eat the food he provides and give up the home that he provides from the natural elements that we find in the world that He made. You will need to give back the elements that you are made out of. I guess that is what death is all about. That is why God is life and without God there is no life. I can go off the grid and I do not need the modern world to live. I can give up what science has to offer, you can not give up with God has to offer.

The only thing we'd have to give up us the delusion the God did it...

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Really? You probably don't realize that science by itself is self-refuting.
As Dr. Lawrence Principe notes, "The idea that scientific and religious camps have historically been separate and antagonistic is rejected by all modern historians of science."
David gives just a few example of quotes given throughout the centuries from different faith , Christians, Deist and atheist. All quotes are religious.
Quotes do not make it so. The personal feelings of people, even intellectuals, are irrelevant in this matter. Additionally, I do not neglect to recognize that early on, many revolutionary scientists came from very religious backgrounds. This does not mean that religion promoted their work; at best, it was unrelated to their work, and at worst, internal and external conflicts surrounding religion hindered their work.

Even being inspired by faith to learn about the world around them doesn't make up for how much religion historically clashed with scientific progress; particularly in biology and physics.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Quotes do not make it so. The personal feelings of people, even intellectuals, are irrelevant in this matter. Additionally, I do not neglect to recognize that early on, many revolutionary scientists came from very religious backgrounds. This does not mean that religion promoted their work; at best, it was unrelated to their work, and at worst, internal and external conflicts surrounding religion hindered their work.

Even being inspired by faith to learn about the world around them doesn't make up for how much religion historically clashed with scientific progress; particularly in biology and physics.
You can believe anything you want. These are just a small numbers of quotes as there are tons more but the point has been made.
The clash between science and religion is something modern atheist made up. In reality is just two human opinions disagreeing with one another ... something that very common is all human area of thoughts.

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can believe anything you want. These are just a small numbers of quotes as there are tons more but the point has been made.
The clash between science and religion is something modern atheist made up.

Nah. I think it's religious folks who invented the clash between religion & science. I say this as a religious person. I just paid attn in history class is all.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Nah. I think it's religious folks who invented the clash between religion & science. I say this as a religious person. I just paid attn in history class is all.
Everyone has a worldview. There is no such thing as a "man version 2.0". Man can't help but to be "religious" over something or someone.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Everyone has a worldview. There is no such thing as a "man version 2.0". Man can't help but to be "religious" over something or someone.

So if everyone's religious, how's that different from nobody being religious?

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So if everyone's religious, how's that different from nobody being religious?
I would say no animal is religious. :)
Bil Nye believe in the principle of continuity and that man is nothing special. "We are nothing but specks in the universe" ... that is clearly a religious view.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bill Nye is point blank anti Creationism. Yet when you listen to what he says, he admits he is against his understanding of Creationism. If you try to discern his understanding then it turns out that he is against Young Earth Creationism. He is against the idea that the earth was created 6,000 years ago. If you look up the meaning: "Creationism is the religious belief that the Universe and life originated "from specific acts of divine creation." So there is a difference between Creationism and Young Earth Creationism. This is why Ken Ham accuses Bill Nye of using bait and switch. He talks against Creationism but he argues against young earth creationism. He appears to be a honest sincere person but what Bill Nye is doing is misleading and dishonest. If he were a business man and not a scientist it would be against the law. The government demands truth in advertising, so they should demand truth in Science. IF Bill Nye wants to maintain his integrity then he should qualify that he is not against Creationism, he is against Young Earth Creationism. Or he should present his evidence to show that Creation could not have been a Divine Act.

He's really not a science guy.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I would say no animal is religious. :)
Bil Nye believe in the principle of continuity and that man is nothing special. "We are nothing but specks in the universe" ... that is clearly a religious view.

What isn't a religious view?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Butterfly99

Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

This response is kinda weird cause it doesn't really fit w what I was saying. It's religious folks who started up the clash between religion & science, a super long time ago. The problem wasn't really w religion so much as w their bad understanding of religion.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I follow some of these threads but I usually don't comment in them. However this reference intrigues me as I have no idea what it refers to. If you don't mind can you please explain?

joshua 1 9 is yet another sock of the repeatedly banned for sock puppetry JohnR7. He's a Gap theorist.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.