Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you feel this way then turn off your computer, TV, hot water, electricity, stop taking modern medication and getting vaccinations, don't allow a doctor to take an x ray, don't use a GPS, don't fly in airplanes, don't drive a car......should I continue?
By your logic then you should give up what God provides for you. So don't breath His air and don't eat the food he provides and give up the home that he provides from the natural elements that we find in the world that He made. You will need to give back the elements that you are made out of. I guess that is what death is all about. That is why God is life and without God there is no life. I can go off the grid and I do not need the modern world to live. I can give up what science has to offer, you can not give up with God has to offer.

"He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been a seeker for more than 7 years. Belief is not a choice, seeking it out is, but attaining it is not.
The Bible says seek and you shall find. This is what happened for me in my life. I was seeking to know God and then He revealed Himself to me.

JER 29 "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."

Matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The Bible says seek and you shall find. This is what happened for me in my life. I was seeking to know God and then He revealed Himself to me.

JER 29 "You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."

Matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
You have no idea how much this has been mentioned to me. It provides no comfort, and the lack of finding faith thus far has not deterred me, so I am no need of it.

Reactions: Butterfly99
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Science claims to be able to solve your problems and they can not, period end of story. They fail to deliver on what they claim they can deliver on. Science is a fraud.

Science makes no such claim. Period. End of story.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Science makes no such claim. Period. End of story.
The point is that science DOES NOT have all the solution and Science Does Not have all the answers. Science and Religion go hand in hand. You need BOTH, you can not confine yourself to one or the other. I do not reject either science or religion, I accept and embrace them both. It is the atheist that rejects religion. The theist Does NOT Reject Science. If the atheist rejects God then He is going to demand that they give back the very elements that they are made out of. This is no secret, they know that in the end if they reject providence then they will have to give up their very substance. I do not know of any atheist that thinks they are going to live forever.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that Atheists are the ones who reject evolution and science in general? Seriously?
Yes I have said this quite a few times now. Science is agnostic, so to be an atheist you have to reject science.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What problems can you solve? Any?
I know nothing and I can do nothing. God is everything and He can do anything. WE recognize our need for God, Atheists do not recognize their need for God. We need science and religion, they do not see their need for religion. Although the general consensuses seems to be that true atheists are more religious then religious people are. Bill Nye is held up as an example of someone that is agnostic because of his zeal for purity and the truth.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Science does have limits, and they are acknowledged. For example, morality is beyond the scope of science. We wish we could solve moral debates scientifically, but alas, it is too abstract and subjective. Not being able to solve every problem doesn't make science a fraud, it just makes it limited. It is still useful within those limits.

Maybe you should stop trying to tell me what I think. Only I know what I think, and when your assumptions on that are wrong, you just end up making yourself look like a fool.
Again I already told you the story of the boy with Polio. There was only so much science could do for him. Religion was able to offer him a lot of encouragement and hope that he was not able to receive from science. Why should we deny him of that? The answer is that we should not. Religion does what religion is able to do to help, science does what science is able to do to help. Everyone is doing all they can to help people. So people can take advantage of science and religion to get all the help that it available to them.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
By your logic then you should give up what God provides for you. So don't breath His air and don't eat the food he provides and give up the home that he provides from the natural elements that we find in the world that He made.

It's amazing how many back flips you can do to justify your beliefs. I thought you rejected evolution. Did you know that a lot of the food you eat came into existence through the means of artificial selection? No God required there.

I can go off the grid and I do not need the modern world to live. I can give up what science has to offer

Why don't you do it then? Is it because life has been made easier with the advancements of science?

I do not reject either science or religion, I accept and embrace them both.

This previous post by you demonstrates this statement to be false.
Science is a fraud.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's amazing how many back flips you can do to justify your beliefs. I thought you rejected evolution. Did you know that a lot of the food you eat came into existence through the means of artificial selection? No God required there.

Why don't you do it then? Is it because life has been made easier with the advancements of science?

This previous post by you demonstrates this statement to be false.

Indeed.

Some stating science is a fraud and then claiming they embrace science, leaves a bit of wonderment.

Upvote 0

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Indeed.

Some stating science is a fraud and then claiming they embrace science, leaves a bit of wonderment.

I translate it as "I embrace science.....except when the evidence leads to conclusions I don't like"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Science not only can live without religion, but it has been hindered by it for centuries.
Really? You probably don't realize that science by itself is self-refuting.
As Dr. Lawrence Principe notes, "The idea that scientific and religious camps have historically been separate and antagonistic is rejected by all modern historians of science."
David gives just a few example of quotes given throughout the centuries from different faith , Christians, Deist and atheist. All quotes are religious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The point is that science DOES NOT have all the solution and Science Does Not have all the answers. Science and Religion go hand in hand. You need BOTH, you can not confine yourself to one or the other. I do not reject either science or religion, I accept and embrace them both. It is the atheist that rejects religion. The theist Does NOT Reject Science. If the atheist rejects God then He is going to demand that they give back the very elements that they are made out of. This is no secret, they know that in the end if they reject providence then they will have to give up their very substance. I do not know of any atheist that thinks they are going to live forever.

Well but most rational ppl know that science doesn't have all the answers & religion doesn't either. What I don't get is that some ppl think you can't look to science if you're religious. Cause I'm a Christian & know to look to both.Like there's this man here who made this thread about how he thinks demons are attacking him cause he dreamed of this gray hag demon attacking him. So ppl asked him if he'd been taking any medicines lately cause some of them can cause crazy dreams. I suggested he talk to his dr & his priest. He had a full on tantrum about that. For real he got so mad that ppl were "dumbing down his spiritual threads to science." The same man has talked about being hospitalized for psychotic delusions b4. He said he wasn't eating or taking care of himself cause of paranoia. So it seemed kinda reasonable to ask if maybe this was something he should talk to his dr about. But not to him. Other folks jumped in saying no meds can't cause bad dreams, they just loosen the mind so demons can get in. Irl no Christian I know acts like that. Some Christians on here are kinda odd.

Reactions: Murby
Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Some Christians on here are kinda odd.

What was your first clue??

You are what I call a moderate quasi-Christian. Seems like you let your best common sense rule over all else. Pretty good way of going about things if you ask me.

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What was your first clue??

You are what I call a moderate quasi-Christian. Seems like you let your best common sense rule over all else. Pretty good way of going about things if you ask me.

The 1st day I was here I read a thread about the earth being flat & saw this other thread where a fellow was just counting in every post. Like that's all he did. That's when I knew some folks were kinda odd.

Idk what you mean by being a quasi-Christian but yes I do try to use common sense. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.