Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but it's ultimately not about the age. It's about whether you think species were created separately or evolved.
I do not see any issue there. If that is the way God created then why should we have a problem with that? That is why so many Christians now are becoming Theistic Evolutionists. They do not see any conflict between religion and science. They see evolution as a theory that explains how God does what He does. IT is only the atheists that have a problem with Theism. Because by definition an atheist is anti theism. That is why they reject evolution and they reject science because science is neutral, science is agnostic. Even science recognizes the benefits of religions that have social centers where people can become a part of a community.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is the word "nitpicking" in yours?
You must mean: "You blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!". "Catch us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes."

Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Even science recognizes the benefits of religions that have social centers where people can become a part of a community.
That's a twisted statement.
Science recognizes the benefits of social centers.. Period...

Science also recognizes that people have to eat food to live.
But science doesn't say we recognize the benefits of McDonald's were people can eat food to live.

If there is one thing that religion does teach very well, its how to twist the meaning of things. Practice makes perfect and people have been twisting the meaning of biblical writings since its inception.

Reactions: poggytyke
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I do not see any issue there. If that is the way God created then why should we have a problem with that? That is why so many Christians now are becoming Theistic Evolutionists.
Right. I'm just saying that most people don't mean theistic evolution when they say Creationism. They mean Genesis in a literal sense.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John's Gap, if you guys remember.

I follow some of these threads but I usually don't comment in them. However this reference intrigues me as I have no idea what it refers to. If you don't mind can you please explain?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
WOW it is as if every single one of you atheists try to project your problems out on others. None of you seem to be able to confront yourselves. " first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."
I can live without knowing everything, it just sounded from your big block of a paragraph that your faith amounted to "science doesn't answer literally every question I have, better seek religion". If I am wrong, correct me, don't accuse me of projecting.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can live without knowing everything, it just sounded from your big block of a paragraph that your faith amounted to "science doesn't answer literally every question I have, better seek religion". If I am wrong, correct me, don't accuse me of projecting.
Science claims to be able to solve your problems and they can not, period end of story. They fail to deliver on what they claim they can deliver on. Science is a fraud.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I do not see any issue there. If that is the way God created then why should we have a problem with that? That is why so many Christians now are becoming Theistic Evolutionists.

They became TEs because creationists created a conflict where one wasn't necessary, then proceeded to lose that conflict.... repeatedly and spectacularly.

They do not see any conflict between religion and science. They see evolution as a theory that explains how God does what He does. IT is only the atheists that have a problem with Theism. Because by definition an atheist is anti theism. That is why they reject evolution and they reject science because science is neutral, science is agnostic.

Are you saying that Atheists are the ones who reject evolution and science in general? Seriously?

Even science recognizes the benefits of religions that have social centers where people can become a part of a community.

Depends on what that community teaches. Comforting lies are still lies... and in the long run, how happy are people who are lied to?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Science claims to be able to solve your problems and they can not, period end of story. They fail to deliver on what they claim they can deliver on. Science is a fraud.

What problems can you solve? Any?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Huh? Science doesn't claim to solve our problems. It solves a lot of our problems. I mean we can talk to ppl from around the world thx to science, we live past 40 thx to science. There's a ton of human problems science can't fix. Science isn't a fraud, lol.

Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married

Can I use that and post it elsewhere? I don't want to plagiarize your writings so I prefer to ask for permission to use it in other places.

Your statement is a perfect example of why people should avoid all religion and stick to academic studies.

Like when they take troubled school kids to a prison and show them all the nasty inmates behind bars.. the kids get the message by example.

Reactions: poggytyke
Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Can I use that and post it elsewhere? I don't want to plagiarize your writings so I prefer to ask for permission to use it in other places.

Your statement is a perfect example of why people should avoid all religion and stick to academic studies.

Like when they take troubled school kids to a prison and show them all the nasty inmates behind bars.. the kids get the message by example.
Leading by (bad) example.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Science is a fraud.

If you feel this way then turn off your computer, TV, hot water, electricity, stop taking modern medication and getting vaccinations, don't allow a doctor to take an x ray, don't use a GPS, don't fly in airplanes, don't drive a car......should I continue?

Upvote 0

Murby

Feb 4, 2016
USA
✟4,630.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
If you feel this way then turn off your computer, TV, hot water, electricity, stop taking modern medication and getting vaccinations, don't allow a doctor to take an x ray, don't use a GPS, don't fly in airplanes, don't drive a car......should I continue?

(sarcasm alert)
But science didn't make all those things.. GOD made them!

if-you-could-reason-wth-religious-p.jpg

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Science does have limits, and they are acknowledged. For example, morality is beyond the scope of science. We wish we could solve moral debates scientifically, but alas, it is too abstract and subjective. Not being able to solve every problem doesn't make science a fraud, it just makes it limited. It is still useful within those limits.

Maybe you should stop trying to tell me what I think. Only I know what I think, and when your assumptions on that are wrong, you just end up making yourself look like a fool.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe you should stop trying to tell me what I think. Only I know what I think, and when your assumptions on that are wrong, you just end up making yourself look like a fool.
I am not telling you what you think. You asked me a question and I answered your question. The Bible says we are to have the mind of Christ. We are to be transformed by the renewing of our mind. This is all a part of the born again experience we have as a Christian. That is your choice if you want to be born again and a new Creation in Christ. I can not make that decision for you, you can only make that decision for yourself.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am not telling you what you think. You asked me a question and I answered your question. The Bible says we are to have the mind of Christ. We are to be transformed by the renewing of our mind. This is all a part of the born again experience we have as a Christian. That is your choice if you want to be born again and a new Creation in Christ. I can not make that decision for you, you can only make that decision for yourself.
I have been a seeker for more than 7 years. Belief is not a choice, seeking it out is, but attaining it is not.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.