Autocatalytic Sets: What is the latest thinking?

I've been reading Stuart Kauffman's "At Home in the Universe" (about halfway through it so am withholding judgement for now) and am struck by his discussion of autocatalytic systems as they may bear on abiogenesis.  Since the book's publication in 1995, what research has been done in this area?  I would be interested to read any papers, pro or con, that deal with this concept.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Today at 01:55 PM Doubting Thomas said this in Post #1

I've been reading Stuart Kauffman's "At Home in the Universe" (about halfway through it so am withholding judgement for now) and am struck by his discussion of autocatalytic systems as they may bear on abiogenesis.  Since the book's publication in 1995, what research has been done in this area?  I would be interested to read any papers, pro or con, that deal with this concept.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Whenever you have a question like this, go to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi and enter your search terms.  What you want are "evolution AND autocatalysis" in the search term and then check the "limits" box.  Look for "Entrez date" and select "5 years".  Then hit "Go".  I got 28 articles, not all of them on topic. Click on one to read the abstract and then click on the "Related Articles" tab to broaden your search. 

Upvote 0