Astronomers should be sued for false advertizing. (3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I guess the point I'm getting at is that the movement patterns are consistent with a massively heavy object at that location. There could indeed also be a plasma pinch process happening there as well. There probably is in fact.

It's really a matter of what that heavy object is made of. I'm willing to concede it could indeed be a structure that is composed of mostly neutrons in it's core, with mostly ionized iron/nickel crust. Such a rapidly spinning object would indeed be likely to generate powerful electromagnetic fields around it. I'm not willing to buy into the complete violation of the Pauli exclusion principle however. I'll buy the concept of a *massively heavy object*, but not the concept of infinite density and zero radius. That was Hilbert's mathematical blunder IMO since a zero radius solution was expressly forbidden in Schwartzchild's solution.

Michael, unless you have scientific proof that a neutron could exist not coupled to a proton for more than 18 minutes, I have to call anything comprised of pure neutrons Fairie Dust.

As for spin, what makes you think it is spinning at the claimed speeds? If it is nothing but a relaxation oscillator, pulsars, etc are much more simply explained and more realistically as well.

Relaxation oscillator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or we can hypothesize Fairie Dust stuff like neutronium and stars spinning at 32,000+ rpm. That erroneous theory is equated with lighthouses, and has no basis in reality. Nothing could spin at those speeds and stay together. And besides, can you show me that neutrons are capable of undergoing nuclear fission? or are they a byproduct of that process as are part of the atoms that do undergo fission? I say if neutronium could exist, such a body would be a cold lump in space, not a star at all under the standard model.

It likely has an iron core, nothing mysterious, but astronomers discount all the electric current and e-fields passing through that point. And hence their need for a massively heavy object when the electrical force is 39 powers stronger than the gravitational force. And until someone can tell me what causes gravity besides mythical bent space, i will assume it is an electrical and magnetic phenomenon.

I agree we should not throw out the Pauli Exclusion Principle, as there is no such entity as a zero volume point mass. Mass requires volume, or else it is a useless description.

Energy on the other hand, now that is a beast not well understood, even by the so-called experts.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Can someone explain to me what the purpose is of spending all this money on *tests*, if you simply intend to ignore them, and continue to parrot the same falsified dogma anyway? Why put SUSY theory to the test in the first place? Why create a 'golden test' for SUSY theory at LHC, have it fail such a test, and then continue to peddle the same falsified claim anyway?

Why build a detector at LUX that is *most sensitive* to 33 GeV WIMPS that shows *no hits at all*, and then claim that WIMPS in the 30 Gev range are still your best bet?

Why test the predictions SUSY theory makes on electrons, only to ignore the outcome of such tests? Why go through all this effort if you don't intend to use the data in the first place?

The worst part of the whole Lambda-magic-matter dogma package is that their claims actually *defy* all the key results of all three of their most important tests done on SUSY theory. Electrons are *not* oval shaped as SUSY theory "predicted". LUX did *not* find any evidence of WIMPS in the 30 Gev range. SUSY theory was put to it's own "golden test' of it's precious predictions at LHC and it *failed*!

How on *Earth* can they still keep pointing at gamma rays and claiming 'WIMPS did it'? What a *classic* case of pure collective denial of the scientific revelations of the last 8 years. Every one of their "predictions" blew up in their face, and yet they keep repeating the same falsified dogma to unsuspecting naive students. :(

Like I said, I'm disgusted.

The purpose of Dark Matter research is to obtain funding, nothing more, nothing less and to keep them employed an living in their fancy houses driving their fancy cars. It is an exercise in futility as they know quite well. It enables them to continue to ignore plasma and electric currents in space. it continues to enable them from having to say sorry folks, we have wasted a few hundred billion dollars of your tax money because we didn't want to let go of a failed theory. As long as dark matter exists, they have a blank check to fudge the equations anyway they need to to make observations fit theory, instead of having to fit theory to observations.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Michael, unless you have scientific proof that a neutron could exist not coupled to a proton for more than 18 minutes, I have to call anything comprised of pure neutrons Fairie Dust.

I suggest that you need a third category that is related to scaling. I can for instance see that fusion occurs on Earth. I haven't however seen it scaled in a way that produces *consistent* fusion. Likewise I can't scale a mass of neutrons to see if actually becomes stable with enough gravitational curvature. There is an empirical difference between something that shows up in the lab (a neutron) and something that doesn't (a WIMP). Like I said, I think you need a third category. :)

Regardless of the cosmology theory in question, there will be scaling issues involved. I can't scale gravity to the point of demonstrating that it will provide the necessary stabilizing influence on neutron matter, nor can I get fusion energy to remain stable in the lab at the moment. That doesn't preclude either possibility from occurring in the correct conditions, potentially conditions I simply won't be able to replicate here on Earth in a lab.

As for spin, what makes you think it is spinning at the claimed speeds?

I don't actually fully trust that *assumption*. It actually seems rather doubtful from my perspective.

If it is nothing but a relaxation oscillator, pulsars, etc are much more simply explained and more realistically as well.

Relaxation oscillator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like you I am willing to entertain that option. I wouldn't however suggest that it entirely rules out pulsars or rapidly rotating massive objects:

How fast does a black hole spin? Astronomers clock speed for first time. (+video) - CSMonitor.com

Or we can hypothesize Fairie Dust stuff like neutronium and stars spinning at 32,000+ rpm.

It could also be a massively heavy object rotating at incredible speeds, but one way or another you're going to need to address those spin rate issues. Something compose of iron alone would be massive, and a spin rate approaching the speeds observed in various observations is pretty impressive.

That erroneous theory is equated with lighthouses, and has no basis in reality.

Well, we do see jets and corresponding features that do resemble lighthouses with jet approaching the speed of light.

Nothing could spin at those speeds and stay together.

Certainly not iron.

And besides, can you show me that neutrons are capable of undergoing nuclear fission?

I'm not clear what you're even asking form. Neutrons alone are not what we use to produce fission. Why would I even suggest such a thing?

or are they a byproduct of that process as are part of the atoms that do undergo fission?

I would say that neutrons are the primordial substance of the universe. When they "decay", they produce electrons, protons and neutrinos. When enough of the material is compressed with enough gravitational curvature, it can become stable IMO.

I say if neutronium could exist, such a body would be a cold lump in space, not a star at all under the standard model.

I "naked" neutron core isn't really a "star" under the standard model or any model that I'm aware of. The rotational property, along with the magnetic field surrounding it, induces the flow of current in the surround plasma body. That current probably does act to create those relaxation oscillation patterns we observe.

It likely has an iron core, nothing mysterious, but astronomers discount all the electric current and e-fields passing through that point. And hence their need for a massively heavy object when the electrical force is 39 powers stronger than the gravitational force. And until someone can tell me what causes gravity besides mythical bent space, i will assume it is an electrical and magnetic phenomenon.

I'm essentially assuming pretty much the same thing, only I'm not discounting the possibility it's more than simply iron, particularly when you start looking at the largest ones.

I agree we should not throw out the Pauli Exclusion Principle, as there is no such entity as a zero volume point mass. Mass requires volume, or else it is a useless description.

Energy on the other hand, now that is a beast not well understood, even by the so-called experts.

As best as I can tell, you and I agree there's a massive object there in the core, and it's a focal point of the flow of current through the galaxy. We both agree it *contains* iron, but we seem to disagree on the core of the beast. So be it. :) We don't really seem that far apart IMO.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
The purpose of Dark Matter research is to obtain funding, nothing more, nothing less and to keep them employed an living in their fancy houses driving their fancy cars.

I'm not quite that pessimistic just yet. I think they actually had pretty high hopes in 2006 after that lensing study, LHC in the works, and other dark matter experiments in the works. I think they also had some circumstantial evidence at that time too, although admittedly it was weak then and weaker still now.

The last 18 months however have seen one series of falsifications after another, at almost breakneck speed in terms of scientific change. They've also seen their galaxy mass estimates go up in smoke since 2006. I'll give them some time to adjust to those three straight failures in the lab over the last 18 months, but they do need to adjust and not just go into pure denial over the results. At the moment they look a little bit like lost sheep and they can't figure out what to do about it.

It is an exercise in futility as they know quite well. It enables them to continue to ignore plasma and electric currents in space. it continues to enable them from having to say sorry folks, we have wasted a few hundred billion dollars of your tax money because we didn't want to let go of a failed theory. As long as dark matter exists, they have a blank check to fudge the equations anyway they need to to make observations fit theory, instead of having to fit theory to observations.
In terms of SUSY's attraction as it relates to the particle physics community, I don't think it was either wasted effort or wasted dollars to check it out in a real lab. In terms of how astronomers rely on exotic matter theory after that string of mass estimation failures and falsifications in the lab however, *that* is wasted time and energy IMO.

What I most resent however is the fact that they *refuse* to add any electrical aspects to their theories, and they try to make up for it with magic forms of matter and energy. That's not cool.

I don't really resent them "testing" the one part of their bogus theory that actually *could* be tested in the lab. I simply resent them trying to sweep the results of those failed predictions and tests right under the carpet. :(

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I suggest that you need a third category that is related to scaling. I can for instance see that fusion occurs on Earth. I haven't however seen it scaled in a way that produces *consistent* fusion. Likewise I can't scale a mass of neutrons to see if actually becomes stable with enough gravitational curvature. There is an empirical difference between something that shows up in the lab (a neutron) and something that doesn't (a WIMP). Like I said, I think you need a third category.

Yet I don't think you nor I believe that even in the mass of the sun there exists lone neutrons not paired to protons. That's the thing about atomic structures, they are limited in their scaling, unlike the electrical force.

Regardless of the cosmology theory in question, there will be scaling issues involved. I can't scale gravity to the point of demonstrating that it will provide the necessary stabilizing influence on neutron matter, nor can I get fusion energy to remain stable in the lab at the moment. That doesn't preclude either possibility from occurring in the correct conditions, potentially conditions I simply won't be able to replicate here on Earth in a lab.

Not true, plasma and its electrical interactions are known to be scalable up to 100's of orders of magnitude (and its limit has yet to be reached). No other theory is as scalable, to that I will agree. I don't think there is such a thing a stable nuclear fusion. What occurs on the sun is happening at its surface, at the tufting zones where the pinches occur, not in its interior.

I don't actually fully trust that *assumption*. It actually seems rather doubtful from my perspective.

Like you I am willing to entertain that option. I wouldn't however suggest that it entirely rules out pulsars or rapidly rotating massive objects:

How fast does a black hole spin? Astronomers clock speed for first time. (+video) - CSMonitor.com
But since we know their redshift = velocity and distance theory is incorrect, I have no reason to believe anything they say regarding measurements obtained from such. Nor is gravitational lensing a valid assumption. it is nothing more than refraction in the galaxies plasma bubble that surrounds it.

They claim to measure its mass by its interaction with gas. We both know it is plasma, not gas, and plasma responds strongly to EM fields, not gravity. What they are measuring is the plasmas interaction with the pinch, the electric and magnetic fields in that locale. They are not measuring velocity, but electron density and the shift in the frequency caused by that interaction. Quasars are not black holes, but plasma ejected from a galaxy under electrical stress, which is why almost all quasars are in a polar field alignment around Syrfert galaxies.

It could also be a massively heavy object rotating at incredible speeds, but one way or another you're going to need to address those spin rate issues. Something compose of iron alone would be massive, and a spin rate approaching the speeds observed in various observations is pretty impressive.
I need not address the spin issue because there are no objects spinning at those speeds. it is all based upon faulty theory to begin with, starting with redshift and ending with treating plasma like a gas, not a plasma which responds to EM fields.

Strange Star or Strange Science? | holoscience.com | The Electric Universe

Well, we do see jets and corresponding features that do resemble lighthouses with jet approaching the speed of light.
And those jets we observe are all traveling in one direction, not spinning around at 24,000 RPM. And is an electrical event. And every single one comes from the poles, along the Birkeland Current pathways.
Plasma experiment recreates astrophysical jets - space - 04 July 2005 - New Scientist
As are CME's.
The lab where it is always sunny: Researchers recreate precursor to solar flares | Mail Online
No need for fantastical exotic stuff, never before observed. Isn't that why you object to Dark matter?

Certainly not iron.
Certainly iron.

I'm not clear what you're even asking form. Neutrons alone are not what we use to produce fission. Why would I even suggest such a thing?
Exactly. So how could a neutron star composed of neutrons sustain fission?

I would say that neutrons are the primordial substance of the universe. When they "decay", they produce electrons, protons and neutrinos. When enough of the material is compressed with enough gravitational curvature, it can become stable IMO.
Or electrons, protons and neutrinos are bound together by the electrical force and what you observe is a neutron, the end result. If neutrons were the primordial substance, then electrons and protons would decay into them, not them into electrons and protons. This tells me electrons and protons are the primordial stuff of the universe. Neutrons cease to exist when not bound to protons. The same protons they decay into. I'm not sure we understand atomic science half as much as we like to pretend we do. By we, I mean mainstream science.

I "naked" neutron core isn't really a "star" under the standard model or any model that I'm aware of. The rotational property, along with the magnetic field surrounding it, induces the flow of current in the surround plasma body. That current probably does act to create those relaxation oscillation patterns we observe.

I'm essentially assuming pretty much the same thing, only I'm not discounting the possibility it's more than simply iron, particularly when you start looking at the largest ones.
Unreliable data based upon measurement of incorrect redshift = distance theory. If that theory is incorrect, as I believe you also entertain ideas to that effect, then so is the distance measurements, the luminosity, and their size. They are closer, fainter and smaller than presumed. They must only be large and highly luminous, if placed at vast distances. Some so highly luminous as to require metaphysical processes because they are placed at those incorrect distances based purely on redhsift.

As best as I can tell, you and I agree there's a massive object there in the core, and it's a focal point of the flow of current through the galaxy. We both agree it *contains* iron, but we seem to disagree on the core of the beast. So be it.
We don't really seem that far apart IMO.
We certainly agree it is not a zero volume point mass. And its mass is based upon its interaction with the surrounding "gas", which is not gas, but plasma, which is strongly affected by EM fields and not gravity. So most of that mass can be ignored as merely EM effects in the surrounding plasma, and not from gravity.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Gaggle of dwarf planets found by dark energy camera - space - 02 April 2014 - New Scientist

This particular headline demonstrates the problem created when someone *intentionally* replaces the technical capabilities of a physical instrument with a bogus term that is related to "supernatural dogma" that has *nothing* to do with the actual physics of the equipment. :(

The Dark Energy Survey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The survey uses the 4-meter Victor M. Blanco Telescope located at Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory (CTIO) in Chile, and the main innovation of that project consists in the development of a new camera which is commonly called DECam.[3] This camera allows astronomers to take more sensitive images in the red part of the visible spectrum and in the near infrared, in comparison to current equipment installed at Victor M. Blanco Telescope.[3]
This particular equipment is sensitive to a specific range of the EM spectrum, specifically related to the infrared and red ends of the spectrum. It also has capabilities related to measuring "photon redshift" based on it's design. None of that *real physics capability* is actually listed in the name of the camera. Instead it's called a "dark energy" camera, and every "observation" is now associated with another "victory" for "dark energy" theory. :( Wow. Talk about stacking the deck in ways that the public doesn't even begin to understand or appreciate. :(

Of course it's first observation demonstrates that this piece of gear doesn't actually observe "dark energy" as (falsely) advertized, it observes emissions at particular wavelengths, in this case wavelengths related to infrared object emissions in our near vicinity (solar system). What does this observation of potential dwarf planets in our own solar system have to do with "dark energy"? *Absolutely nothing*.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
FYI, after that last very sad lambda-inflation-did-it-hail-Mary paper, and considering the name they selected for what amounts to a redshift measuring device, we can be pretty sure we'll soon see a published paper that proclaims to have something akin to "Irrefutable proof/Sigma 5+ evidence" that 'dark energy' did something to the distant plasmas of spacetime, that it's utterly and completely incapable of doing in the lab in a real experimental test of concept. Never anyone mind the fact that collectively they can't even name a single source of "dark energy". :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
FYI, after that last very sad lambda-inflation-did-it-hail-Mary paper, and considering the name they selected for what amounts to a redshift measuring device, we can be pretty sure we'll soon see a published paper that proclaims to have something akin to "Irrefutable proof/Sigma 5+ evidence" that 'dark energy' did something to the distant plasmas of spacetime, that it's utterly and completely incapable of doing in the lab in a real experimental test of concept. Never anyone mind the fact that collectively they can't even name a single source of "dark energy". :(

Yah, the sad thing is most of the general public is too uneducated to know when they are being duped in the name of obtaining funding and promoting theories that have not one shred of scientific backing. Simply because they allow them to fudge the data whenever they need to to explain the observation.

Don't know what causes that phenomenon. Blame it on Dark Matter or Dark Energy.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Yah, the sad thing is most of the general public is too uneducated to know when they are being duped in the name of obtaining funding and promoting theories that have not one shred of scientific backing.
Sorry, Justatruthseeker but that is not seeking the truth :D - just what looks like conspiracy theory stuff about scientists faking results to get funding. A previous post about "fancy houses and fancy cars" seems a bit ignorant about the salaries of astronomers: http://www1.salary.com/Astronomer-Salary.html
median expected annual pay for a typical Astronomer in the United States is $102,039 so 50% of the people who perform the job of Accountant I in the United Sates are expected to make less than $102,039
that is about the salary of a good IT consultant - do they fake results to get "fancy houses and fancy cars"?

It is also a quite ignorant statement:
The Big Bang theory has many "shreds of scientific backing".
Dark matter has many "shreds of scientific backing".
Dark energy theory has many "shreds of scientific backing".
Inflation has many "shreds of scientific backing", e.g. the BICEP2 results.
Unfortunately there are some people who are incapable of undersdatdning what scientific backing means. It means that either the theory makes predictions and they match new data (preferred) or that the theory matches existing data.

This is where EU and EU proponents fail epically in cosmology. They do not realize that EU "cosmology" has to match as many predictions as the standard cosmology before it is considered serious science. Other than unsupported assertions, there are no predictions matching data - or worse yet they use multiple conflicting theories (red shift is chased by tired light/impossible scattering/plasma magic/pink unicorns!).

Please do not be fooled by Michael going on about his magical power to decide what scientific instrument names and the titles of news reports should be :D!
Scientists name scientific instruments to reflect the purpose of the instrument. They did not call the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe the "dead sky entity telescope" which Michael might prefer.
Reporters tend to follow the names that scientists give to scientific instruments.

The Dark Energy Camera detects the already observed dark energy by following the same scientific process that originally found dark energy (and gained those astronomers the 2011 Nobel prize!).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Or electrons, protons and neutrinos are bound together by the electrical force and what you observe is a neutron, the end result.
Sorry, Justatruthseeker, but that is so wrong :D.
You have just described a hydrogen atom with a neutrino speeding through it!
Neutrons are composite particles consisting of 3 quarks: Neutron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Free neutrons decay by emission of an electron and an electron antineutrino to become a proton
(my emphasis added).

Neutrinos do not bind to anything which is one reason why they are so hard to detect - you have to measure the effects of them scattering off atoms.

The evidence that neutrons are 3 quarks is deep inelastic scattering showing that they have three equally scattering centers. This is also the evidence that protons are three quarks.
Deep inelastic scattering - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Justatruthseeker, if you want to seek the truth from Michael then ask him some simple questions.
1. What is the temperature of the Sun?
2. What is the melting point of iron?
3. Is the surface of the Sun is an iron surface/crust/thingy?
If he claims that the surface of the Sun is an iron surface/crust/thingy then he is not telling the truth.

4. What is the scientific definition of the transition zone?
5. Where is the transition zone?
If he claims that the transition zone is below the photosphere then he is not telling the truth.

6. What is the scientific definition of the photosphere?
7. Can we detect light from below the photosphere?
If he claims that there is light below the photosphere in images from the Sun from then he is not telling the truth.

8. What does the 173 Angstrom passband detect?
9. What does his web site claim that 173 Angstrom images from the TRACE spacecraft show?
If he claims that it is light from iron mountain ranges on the Sun then he is not telling the truth. The 173 Angstrom passband sees the light emited from Fe IX (Fe with 19 electrons stripped from it). The temperatures at which 19 electrons are stripped from Fe are from 160,000 to 2,000,000 K.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Stop not correcting Justatruthseeker (neutrons are not a proton + electron + neutrino as you must know).
Stop thinking that you have the power to rename scientific instruments or continue to deny the evidence that dark energy (and dark matter, the Big Bang and inflation) exists.
Or should we get back to (10th November 2013):
Lots of outstanding stuff for Michael :eek:.

Michael: Can you understand the insanity of a demand to read an irrelevant textbook?
(as per Michael's demand - replaced 'inane' with 'insane' in that post :)!)
First asked 29th October 2013 - 13 days and counting.

Do not make up fantasies about what I understand: I understand that Somov displaced his currents.

Michael: Can you understand the ignorance in citing a Wikipedia article about MR in plasma as evidence that MR in vacuum does not exist?
I will make this even simpler for you:
Where in Magnetic reconnection does it state that MR in a vacuum is impossible?
First asked 11 November 2013 - 0 days and counting.

Clinger's Magnetic Reconnection by W.D. Clinger explanation is nothing more than the application of Maxwell's equations to a experiment that has no plasma and produced magnetic reconnection.

You are in pure acknowledgement of your displayed inability to read and understand English:
Michael: What does "In a vacuum, magnetic reconnection is a trivial process..." mean?
Asked on 18th March 2012 - 606 days and counting!

MM: Why did Somov split "Reconnection in vacuum" from "Reconnection in plasma" if MR in vacuum does not exist?
Asked on 18th March 2012 - 606 days and counting!
And let see what other outstanding stuff is in the thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Any reply containing valid science to this post from 7th November 2013?
Quote the science, or quit making up fantasies, Michael!
24th October 2013

Sunspots are not the photosphere which is measured to have a temperature of ~5700 K - no solid iron mountain ranges. But your idea is even more wrong because you see these mountain ranges in light from material at a temperature > 160,000 K :doh:!

Lots of outstanding stuff, Michael.
Have you read The Neutral Point Discharge Theory of Solar Flares. a Reply to Cowling's Critics again and now understand that Dungey stating that "The defining feature of a discharge in this context is a large current density" and

is not an actual electrical discharge as generally understood and is not your quote mining of Peratt's definition?

Michael: Was your mention of MR and "monopoles" about any fantasy that MR is impossible because it needs monopoles or was it to do with the Demoulin & Priest 1992 paper?
29th October 2013 - 10 days and counting

Please cite the paper(s) where Alfven replaced magnetic reconnection theory in all "current carrying environments" with another theory.
3rd October 2013 - 36 days and counting
This is not Double layers and circuits in astrophysics ("A simple circuit is applied to the energizing of auroral particles, to solar flares, and to intergalactic double radio sources").

Not that this means much unless the rest of the scientific community threw away MR: Have you heard of the logical fallacy of argument from authority, Michael? (Michael's obsession with Alfven as the authority on plasma).

Citation for the Plank results showing that "universe isn't homogeneous on the largest scales", Michael.
2nd October 2013 - 37 days and counting
(and not to an entire thread contains unspecified musings)

Michael: What does "In a vacuum, magnetic reconnection is a trivial process..." mean?
Asked on 18th March 2012 - 602 days and counting!

MM: Why did Somov split "Reconnection in vacuum" from "Reconnection in plasma" if MR in vacuum does not exist?
Asked on 18th March 2012 - 602 days and counting!

Michael's idea predicts that the Sun has no central energy source (and is thus hollow)!
2nd December 2012 - 343 days and counting!

And keep these handy :):
Actual electrical discharges are impossible in plasma, etc.
Michael's iron surface idea completely debunked!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Any reply containing valid science to this post from 7th November 2013?

I've lost count how many times I've answered every one of your questions *in appropriate threads*. At least go look them up and do you denial routine in the *same* threads, and stop hijacking unrelated threads in your 'personal' crusades.

Upvote 0

Michael

Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Mt. Shasta, California
Visit site
✟298,148.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Would of took you 10 seconds on Google to show what a false belief that is.

The physics of a chemically active plasma

An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Pinch (plasma physics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Pinches occur naturally in electrical discharges such as lightning bolts,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinch_(plasma_physics)#cite_note-6 the aurora,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinch_(plasma_physics)#cite_note-7 current sheets,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinch_(plasma_physics)#cite_note-8 and solar flares..."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinch_(plasma_physics)#cite_note-9

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-pinch

"The Z-pinch is an application of the Lorentz force, in which a current-carrying conductor in a magnetic field experiences a force. One example of the Lorentz force is that, if two parallel wires are carrying current in the same direction, the wires will be pulled toward each other. In a Z-pinch machine the wires are replaced by a plasma, which can be thought of as many current-carrying wires."

ELECTRICAL DISCHARGE AND PLASMA LABORATORY

I don't think you understand electricity at all.

Electrical Discharges

http://infoscience.epfl.ch/record/84931/files/EPFL_TH3542.pdf

Electric discharge in gases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Electric discharge in gasses occurs when electric current flows through a gaseous medium due to ionisation of the gas."

Ionized gas is plasma.

Plasma (physics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"When air or gas is ionized plasma forms with similar conductive properties to that of metals. Plasma is the most abundant form of matter in the Universe, because most stars are in plasma state."

So plasma is every bit as conductive as that of metals. Unlike gas.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
So the answer remains no - you have no valid science behind your ideas, Michael?
Imagining that you can see light emitted from below the photosphere is not valid science.
Imagining that you can change a scientific definition (the transition region is above the photosphere) is not even science!
Imagining that light from Fe ions at temperatures of 160,00 K to 2,000,000 is from iron "mountain ranges" is not valid science.
etc.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Would of took you 10 seconds on Google to show what a false belief that is.
If you actually read the link you would see that the idea of lightning in plasma is ridiculous, Justatruthseeker.
There are "electrical discharges" in plasma - they are just not actual electrical discharges as in lightning.
There is the rare usage of "electrical discharges" for the high current densities in magnetic reconnection. This is a hangover from the historical usage by Dungey and others.

None of your links are about the breakdown of a dielectric medium to allow current to flow (such as lightning) in plasma.

So plasma is every bit as conductive as that of metals. Unlike gas.
Which is exactly why there cannot be electrical discharges such as lightning in plasmas, Justatruthseeker :wave:.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.