Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

A Christian artist in the U.K. is suing a local council after being banned from her own exhibition and reported to the police for saying that it is harmful for children to try to change their sex.

Victoria Culf was told by Watford Borough Council representatives that police were investigating her for comments she made that were critical of transgender ideology, according to the Christian Legal Centre.

"They were told that a 'non-crime hate incident' had been recorded against Mrs. Culf's name without her knowledge," the organization explained.
The incident surrounded a conversation initiated with Culf by a council employee while she was setting up an exhibition at the Watford Museum.

• Wow
Reactions: Mark Quayle

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is getting out of hand in some countries, what people should do?, you know the next step could be putting people in jail for quoiting bible verses and preaching? or that is not going to happen?, idk.

If you think about it, gender ideology first messes with kids minds implanting this ideas, i am not wrong, there is a 4000% increase in 'trans kids' Why? because the brainwashing it can't be anything else, calling it good and propagating ideas, then when they say this they want to put them on medical procedures, it's sick, and not enough people are talking about this, we are letting kids defend themselves now? i am that wrong for thinking this?.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,380.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

A Christian artist in the U.K. is suing a local council after being banned from her own exhibition and reported to the police for saying that it is harmful for children to try to change their sex.

Victoria Culf was told by Watford Borough Council representatives that police were investigating her for comments she made that were critical of transgender ideology, according to the Christian Legal Centre.

"They were told that a 'non-crime hate incident' had been recorded against Mrs. Culf's name without her knowledge," the organization explained.
The incident surrounded a conversation initiated with Culf by a council employee while she was setting up an exhibition at the Watford Museum.
The article suggests that there are two versions of the exchange between the artist Culf and the Watford Council employee. Culf claims it was 'amicable'. the employee claimed Culf had a transphobic 'rant'. The council has apparently acted in support of its worker. It is not much of a story, really. Except for CBN and its readership.

• Wow
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The woman in question was told to give 24 hours notice upon attending her exhibition (not cancelled)

Artist is 'investigated by the police for hate crime' and told she can't attend her own exhibition without 24 hours' notice after sharing her gender views with a council worker​

"The artist claimed she was setting up her exhibition when she politely told the employee she believed allowing children and young people to change sex is harmful." and "She added that the Gender Identity Development Service clinic at the Tavistock Centre should be closed down. The clinic, which has faced scrutiny for its treatment of children with gender dysphoria, is shutting down at the end of March. "

The artists is understood to have been informed that police were investigating her for a 'hate crime' - but
Hertfordshire Police later said no crime had been committed, The Times reported.

Meanwhile, Watford borough council said it did not report Ms Culf to the police.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

This is yet another example where Christians should be prepared to face the consequences of imposing their beliefs on other people unsolicited.

No one asked this person to opine. If Christians feel compelled to intrude on other people's live they must accept the consequences. It even says that they would be sanctioned for their beliefs in the Bible. Even back then it was obvious that certain Christian behaviour was rejected by society.

• Wow
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I think all of Europe is a lesson to us here in America.

Woke Ideology came out of U.S. Universities and went to Britain and Europe from here.

The reason the ideology has taken the greater political hold (like arresting people for anti-woke speech) in European and British countries is because they have always had different views under their laws on the right to speech and other of our foundational rights than we do.

To me it's a lesson that we should be paying attention to laws being passed and court cases in America because some of them are likely to have far more impact on our founding rights than we may imagine.

I was watching a talk by some Scottish gentleman about a new law there that makes free speech complete history and will likely silence all open speech even in person between friends.

They said it's Mao's republic with the law passed and so I thought I'd look into what's happening there when I have time.

But truly it seems we will have to fight now to keep our founding freedoms if that's coming here next.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our founding freedoms were not offered to the slaves.

I don't see how that has even one iota of bearing on anything today.

Today, the day we actually live in, Black Americans and White Americans and Brown Americans are all equal inheritors of the exact same foundational freedoms and rights.

Maybe it's fun to run around saying but it has literally zero bearing on the day we actually live in.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Today, the day we actually live in, Black Americans and White Americans and Brown Americans are all equal inheritors of the exact same foundational freedoms and rights.

Maybe it's fun to run around saying but it has literally zero bearing on the day we actually live in.
Everything is “fixed” now?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Everything is “fixed” now?

Yes... I see no law that specifically disadvantages anyone on the basis of skin color.

From there, life is whatever you make it....

America was on an excellent path. Racism was dwindling, black Americans were pretty side by side with white Americans....

From there it's just a matter of fixing things that are unconnected to race... For example, making sure K-12 education is preparatory for college and life at a high level regardless of neighborhood incomes (poor people, white and black, have hurdles here and there's a lot we can do to address it)

Other than that, any remaining vestiges of racism was just time. The path we had been on I would have estimated only one more generation for all vestiges of racism to be completely gone.

Of course the riots and such with BLM and the racist people set that track way back; I would estimate race relations have been set back decades. I could be wrong though. Maybe people recognize all that as the Marxism it is and dismiss it... We can certainly remain hopeful.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yes... I see no law that specifically disadvantages anyone on the basis of skin color.

From there, life is whatever you make it....

America was on an excellent path. Racism was dwindling, black Americans were pretty side by side with white Americans....

From there it's just a matter of fixing things that are unconnected to race... For example, making sure K-12 education is preparatory for college and life at a high level regardless of neighborhood incomes (poor people, white and black, have hurdles here and there's a lot we can do to address it)

Other than that, any remaining vestiges of racism was just time. The path we had been on I would have estimated only one more generation for all vestiges of racism to be completely gone.

Of course the riots and such with BLM and the racist people set that track way back; I would estimate race relations have been set back decades. I could be wrong though. Maybe people recognize all that as the Marxism it is and dismiss it... We can certainly remain hopeful.
Yes indeed, racism is no more--just ask us white people if you don't believe it. We abolished slavery for you, ended Jim Crow and made discrimination illegal, Now you're free to be just like us. it's not our fault if you don't want to, but at least you could show some gratitude.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes indeed, racism is no more--just ask us white people if you don't believe it. We abolished slavery for you, ended Jim Crow and made discrimination illegal, Now you're free to be just like us. it's not our fault if you don't want to, but at least you could show some gratitude.

There's nothing wrong with getting on with ones life ya know. Everyone has challenges in life... It's how we overcome those challenges that define us as human beings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I for one have yet to experience racism. And I grew up in a near completely white area in the south of England in the 70s and 80s.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can't find any more neutral sources reporting on this story.

Absent some additional sources, I'm cautious when it comes to trusting sources like CBN as an sole source.

They've been known to report in such a way that employs "selective omission".

I believe it was them who reported on the story about where a pastor was arrested in the UK for that they described as simply "preaching the gospel on a street corner", and when other reports came out a few days later (including cell phone video of the events), as it turns out, his method of preaching was blocking the crosswalk, and getting right in peoples' faces with a megaphone and creating a public disturbance (details the Christian publication article neglected to mention).

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The issue is that it can be tricky to find balance in reconciling two truths at the same time.

"Some people are making poor decisions that lead to poor outcomes, and blaming it on injustices"
and
"Even Steven moving forward is an approach that still leaves people at a disadvantage"

...can both be true at the same time. Political polarization in the US makes people feel compelled to attribute it, solely, to one or the other rather than acknowledge that it's a little bit of both.

Neither the "it's all about past racism", nor the "people just need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps" arguments are a comprehensive explanation.

...but it's dishonest to say that past bigotries have zero bearing on today. If your family lineage got to start accumulating property and family 3-4 generations ago, and mine didn't even really get to jump into a fair game until one generation ago, it stands to reason that you'll have certain advantages (certainly financially) present-day that I wouldn't in many cases.

At the same time, if I make terrible decisions and that's a major contributor to my current situation, that shouldn't be completely discounted either.

Upvote 0