• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please pray for my fasting

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I'm going to fast. My medicaid lapsed to I can't be seen by my GP. I worked last night and been up since 3a, had to drink energy drinks to stay awake and take kids to school.

I thought I'd be able to get a little sleep but my son has a parent training meeting for his autism at 11:30a so I have to stay awake for that.

I don't know if I'll be able to get any sleep but my mental health is dipping and I need God to help and answer me. Please pray he will take the anxiety and su*** thoughts away bc I can't make it any other way.

Also what should I do during a fast it's been a while.

• Prayers
Reactions: Unqualified

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I'm going to fast. My medicaid lapsed to I can't be seen by my GP. I worked last night and been up since 3a, had to drink energy drinks to stay awake and take kids to school.

I thought I'd be able to get a little sleep but my son has a parent training meeting for his autism at 11:30a so I have to stay awake for that.

I don't know if I'll be able to get any sleep but my mental health is dipping and I need God to help and answer me. Please pray he will take the anxiety and su*** thoughts away bc I can't make it any other way.

Also what should I do during a fast it's been a while.
I suggest you eat. He has risen and dwells in the beliver.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suggest you eat. He has risen and dwells in the beliver.
Be blessed.
I feel I need to fast so I can hear God clearly as to what is causing my sudden mental distress.

I'm trying not to cry right now. I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't know why I feel this way. I feel overwhelmed and I feel God won't help me.

Then I have to go to work and pretend to be normal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel I need to fast so I can hear God clearly as to what is causing my sudden mental distress.

I'm trying not to cry right now. I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't know why I feel this way. I feel overwhelmed and I feel God won't help me.

Then I have to go to work and pretend to be normal.
Well, crying relieves stress and eating helps nourish your body . In full disclosure, I do not believe fasting is a good way to get guidance from Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Simply ask to be filled with His Holy Spirit. He will not deny you. This is the " Way".
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, crying relieves stress and eating helps nourish your body . In full disclosure, I do not believe fasting is a good way to get guidance from Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Simply ask to be filled with His Holy Spirit. He will not deny you. This is the " Way".
Blessings.
You don't think fasting will help? Why not? Eating and being full doesn't help I've been anxious on a full stomach.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I fast every Saturday for Shabbat and resumed the practice a year ago. We've fasted for different durations in the past but establishing the habit has been a welcome change. People fasted prior to Christ's return and afterward and there's no biblical mandate against it.

We do it for spiritual attunement and use the day for rest and replenishment. Some people fast for clarity. Others do it for repentance or favor. This is a good book on the subject. You should be able to find it in the library.

I drink water and a cup of tea or coffee to dispel headaches. I don't have hunger pangs and my mind is settled. I liken it to a reset of sorts.

~bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I fast every Saturday for Shabbat and resumed the practice a year ago. We've fasted for different durations in the past but establishing the habit has been a welcome change. People fasted prior to Christ's return and afterward and there's no biblical mandate against it.

We do it for spiritual attunement and use the day for rest and replenishment. Some people fast for clarity. Others do it for repentance or favor. This is a good book on the subject. You should be able to find it in the library.

I drink water and a cup of tea or coffee to dispel headaches. I don't have hunger pangs and my mind is settled. I liken it to a reset of sorts.

~bella
Maybe I can do it once a day every week. That seems more doable for me.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Maybe I can do it once a day every week. That seems more doable for me.

You can go the whole day or do a sunrise to sunset fast. I've done both but do the latter now.

Don't fret if you're doing it right. God answers a righteous and sincere prayer. The main thing you want to do is pour your heart out every time you pray. It may seem like it isn't working or He isn't responding but keep doing it. Do the daily prayers I gave you. You'll get stronger. At first you'll notice the sorrow and hopelessness but it will lift.

When you're settled start working through the first set you were given. I sensed your overwhelm that's why it was lengthy. You'll feel better as you work through them because the load lightens the further you go.

You were given a prayer prescription on two occasions and you wonder if He's listening. Maybe He is and you don't realize it? You're probably aware I don't post in this area. I did it for you. :)

~bella

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can go the whole day or do a sunrise to sunset fast. I've done both but do the latter now.

Don't fret if you're doing it right. God answers a righteous and sincere prayer. The main thing you want to do is pour your heart out every time you pray. It may seem like it isn't working or He isn't responding but keep doing it. Do the daily prayers I gave you. You'll get stronger. At first you'll notice the sorrow and hopelessness but it will lift.

When you're settled start working through the first set you were given. I sensed your overwhelm that's why it was lengthy. You'll feel better as you work through them because the load lightens the further you go.

You were given a prayer prescription on two occasions and you wonder if He's listening. Maybe He is and you don't realize it? You're probably aware I don't post in this area. I did it for you. :)

~bella
Thank you for posting. I'll try to make my offdays days for fasting. Thank you for the tips and help. They were very much needed.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you for posting. I'll try to make my offdays days for fasting. Thank you for the tips and help. They were very much needed.

You're welcome. You'll be okay and have much to live for. Don't allow the darkness to swallow you. The Light has already come. Cling to Him fervently when you're afraid.

Once you get through the prayers we'll discuss the next steps and see where you. It's like building a house. We're cleaning things up and laying a foundation for something wonderful. Hold on to that as you move towards a brighter tomorrow.

COLOR=#0abab5]~bella[/COLOR]

Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0