Are we living in Millenium now?

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If the millenium officially began when Constantine Christianized the Roman Empire in 324 AD, what would you call the time period in which we are currently living?

It would then still be called the "times of the Gentiles." Lk.21;24 Just as Jesus was gone and then resurrected after two days, so too were the Christian peoples who followed Jesus nationaly given time to develop their Christian nations. They they can "walk in the light of it." Rev.21;24

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jeremiah 25:11 has begun long ago, but it was never finished.
Why? Because it requires the Babylonians rule for 70 years.
Last time, Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar was 605 BC to Cyrus 539 BC.
This means the Babylonian kingdom must yet reign over the world again.

Daniel 9 shows that Daniel was aware of this early end to the reign of Babylon and started to supplicate over this. Gabriel was sent to show Daniel when the transgression by Babylon would get finished.

"till the consummation" in Daniel 9:27

Daniel 9:24
"Seventy weeks are determined...to finish the transgression..."

Gabriel showed Daniel that not only would these 70 weeks happen, but so too would a time of desolations be determined.
I see it as this desolations time leads to the event of the peace treaty -covenant -that the little horn of verse 27 as "he", will confirm.

In Daniel 11:22 a prince of the covenant will be overflown by the vile person that stands up in verse 21. I see this as the same covenant for Daniel 9:27 - that in Daniel 11:22 is referred to as "the league".

More good food for thought! Thanks.

Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jeremiah 25:11 has begun long ago, but it was never finished.
Why? Because it requires the Babylonians rule for 70 years.
Last time, Babylon under Nebuchadnezzar was 605 BC to Cyrus 539 BC.
This means the Babylonian kingdom must yet reign over the world again.

Daniel 9 shows that Daniel was aware of this early end to the reign of Babylon and started to supplicate over this. Gabriel was sent to show Daniel when the transgression by Babylon would get finished.

"till the consummation" in Daniel 9:27

Daniel 9:24
"Seventy weeks are determined...to finish the transgression..."

Gabriel showed Daniel that not only would these 70 weeks happen, but so too would a time of desolations be determined.
I see it as this desolations time leads to the event of the peace treaty -covenant -that the little horn of verse 27 as "he", will confirm.

In Daniel 11:22 a prince of the covenant will be overflown by the vile person that stands up in verse 21. I see this as the same covenant for Daniel 9:27 - that in Daniel 11:22 is referred to as "the league".
We're not dealing with the 70 weeks of Daniel's prophecy...that happens after the 70 years of captivity and that is Daniel's prophecy.

Instead of mixing these prophesies up vinsight4u, if you read them as they're written the will tell you.

Case in point:

The 70 weeks of Daniel starts the very day that Cyrus decrees the restoration to the land. You are told that in Daniel 9:24, 25:
24 “Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.
25 So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress

Do you see that? When Cyrus gave the decree...the 70 weeks started and the captivity ended!

Jeremiah prophesied 70 years of captivity for Judah...and it was 70 years because Israel had failed to give the land it's sabbath rest as God had commanded.

*2 Chronicles 36:21 says it was 70 years:
21 to fulfill the word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had enjoyed its sabbaths. All the days of its desolation it kept sabbath until seventy years were complete.

*Ezra says the the decree of Cyrus fulfilled the 70 years:
Ezra 1:1
Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah, the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he sent a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying:

*Daniel said it was 70 years:
Daniel 9:1, 3

In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of Median descent, who was made king over the kingdom of the Chaldeans—
2in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, observed in the books the number of the years which was revealed as the word of the Lord to Jeremiah the prophet for the completion of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years.

*Jeremiah prophesied it:
Jeremiah 25:11, 12
This whole land will be a desolation and a horror, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

Jeremiah 29:10:
10 “For thus says the Lord, ‘When seventy years have been completed for Babylon, I will visit you and fulfill My good word to you, to bring you back to this place.

It was 70 years vinsight4u! The express purpose of the 70 years was to accomplish the sabbath rest that Israel failed to do.

Now you can believe what you want. It was 70 years.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
If the millenium officially began when Constantine Christianized the Roman Empire in 324 AD, what would you call the time period in which we are currently living?
The fourth millennial reign of a Christian superpower is the US, founded by George Washington who rode a pale horse. Our weapons bring hell and death. But all is not well. We are now experiencing the 7 last plagues, such as skin cancer, red tides, and global warming.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jeremiah gave 2 seventy-year prophecies.
one is over - Israel/Judah in Babylon as captive 70 years
the other one is not completed yet --- Babylonian kings rule for 70 years.

When Judah was held captive the entire seventy years were among mixed nations of kings.
Jeremiah 25:11's years only count for years they serve a Babylonian king.
Therefore to get to 25:12, Babylon's king will have to take Israel captive again.
No he didn't vinsight4u.

Jeremiah 1 tells you when he gave his prophecy. You have to red Jeremiah as a whole. You cannot just pick what you think he's saying.

Jeremiah 1:1-3 tells you WHEN he prophesied:
The words of Jeremiah the son of Hilkiah, of the priests who were in Anathoth in the land of Benjamin,
2 to whom the word of the Lord came in the days of Josiah the son of Amon, king of Judah, in the thirteenth year of his reign.
3 It came also in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah, king of Judah, until the end of the eleventh year of Zedekiah the son of Josiah, king of Judah, until the exile of Jerusalem in the fifth month.

Israel had already gone into captivity when Jeremiah prophesied. His prophecy concerning Israel concerns the return to the land.

Jeremiah's seventy year prophecy is ONE, not two it concerns Judah's captivity as well as the surrounding land. When Nebuchadnezzar moved on Jerusalem he had already taken Egypt took that entire area, that was his campaign and His intent and it was given Him by God.

All i can say to you at this point is in my view you're reading pieces of Jeremiahs prophecy or you would know this.

Read the entire book of Jeremiah if you want the full understanding because in my view, you don't have it at this point.

Take the time to read Jeremiah 25-29 at least because it's clear the 70 year period concerns Judah as well as all the land surrounding them.

Jeremiah 25:8-11 clearly tells you that:
8 “Therefore thus says the Lord of hosts, ‘Because you have not obeyed My words,

9 behold, I will send and take all the families of the north,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I will send to Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, My servant, and will bring them against this land and against its inhabitants and against all these nations round about; and I will utterly destroy them and make them a horror and a hissing, and an everlasting desolation.

10 Moreover, I will take from them the voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones and the light of the lamp.

11 This whole land will be a desolation and a horror, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

It's ONE 70 year period.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi ebedmelech,

What you want to do is think about who ruled over the Jews while they were held captive. We agree that the Jews were in captivity for seventy years. Daniel 9 is at what time as it opens? Darius the Mede
So had Babylon ruled her seventy years yet?
Darius would make Daniel a leader, but later he would end up in the den with lions, and an angel to protect him.
We know that Cyrus released the Jews in his first year. But his first year did not come until Darius had reigned for how long? several years

All of the time when Jeremiah's seventy years as to the captivity in Babylon is over - as you mentioned - their land had rest during that time, you never find anything as to they served the king of Babylon long enough, or that the king of Babylon and his land were desolated at the end of the seventy years.
What does it take to get from Jeremiah 25:11 to verse 12?

You could also look at the end of Isaiah 13 as to when the time of Babylon's land will come.
day of the Lord
You cannot just say "the Jews" because the kingdom is divided. That's why to differentiate you must say Judah and Israel.

*Israel went into captivity around 740 BC

*Judah went into captivity around 607 BC

TWO DIFFERENT CAPTIVITIES!

Next...you have to realize is that God's prophecy by Jeremiah covers the period of time which includes the fall of Babylon to the Medes...but Babylon remained Babylon under all of them. So Isaiah 13 is in agreement (Isaiah prophesied well before Jeremiah)

Read Ezra 1:1 and you get that understanding:
Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, in order to fulfill the word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah, the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he sent a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and also put it in writing, saying:

What was the word of Jeremiah? There are only 3 passages where Jeremiah mentions the 70 years! They cover the same period:

Jeremiah 25:11, 12:
11 This whole land will be a desolation and a horror, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years.
12 ‘Then it will be when seventy years are completed I will punish the king of Babylon and that nation,’ declares the Lord, ‘for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans; and I will make it an everlasting desolation.

Jeremiah 29:10:
10 “For thus says the Lord, ‘When seventy years have been completed for Babylon, I will visit you and fulfill My good word to you, to bring you back to this place.

The kings of Babylon over the 70 year period were Nebuchadnezzar, Belshazzar, Darius the Mede and Cyrus. Darius took Babylon from Belshazzar (Daniel 6), but it remained Babylon. Cyrus took over from Darius. During Cyrus reign Ezra tells us the 70 years are fulfilled!

It's a great benefit to read these things chronologically. If you don't have a chronological bible, I urge you to get one.

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I read the Bible on my own, with God helping me to understand it. I told Him that He is the Author, so He can tell me what it means. I began at Genesis and it didn't take very long, as I was in a hurry for the first time through. I was highlighting parts. I had started to tell strangers about the prophecies in it, and I told them that I was still reading it. I would go to the library at times, and sometimes someone would tell others to come hear this kid preacher or girl preacher. I quit doing that once I got a regular job. I kept studying though, as at fifteen I had received my call from God to one day teach the Scriptures.
I would say what got me started so gung ho at first was that there was going to be a speaker at this new church we had started to go to. He was supposed to be this prophecy expert. I thought, well I had better study as I want to be able to understand what he is talking about. Well, he was a big disappointment of a speaker. He just basically told us that there's going to be a pre-trib rapture, so why care about the details. I was so let down. I had studied and studied and now this. First, I told someone else there behind me that I don't see a pre trib rapture anywhere in the Bible. He told me that I'm right, there won't be one.
Anyway, I studied more and more. I didn't have commentaries or such, no Google.

I got my religious calling also at 15 years old. From that time on i was only interested in seeking and finding the purpose of human life. I followed every idea and studied every religion and by the time i was 17 i had seen the end of them all. I did this on my own. It wasn't until my grandfather showed me how to read between the lines of the Holy Bible that i found the truth about life. I didn't know you could and should read between the lines also. Most people don't.

Jesus told his inner message to those who had eyes and ears. Yes, 15 years old is when some people awaken and begin. Thanks for sharing you early life's callings with me. I was on the same boat. Cool. Well, onward and upward!

Upvote 0

Kingdom_Come

Jun 27, 2004
✟1,117.00
Faith
Pentecostal
To try and answer the OP:

No, we are not living in the Millennium right now. The thousand years does have significance as it represents a day from God’s point of view. Some interpret it as hyperbole like if I said, “If I told you once, I’ve told you a thousand times.” Others take it to literally mean 1,000 years. Regardless of which stance you take, it is clear that time to God is not the same as it is to man. He is not earthbound as we are. He is eternal whereas we are temporal. He is spiritual whereas we are physical. He exists outside our understanding of reality so time does not have the same meaning for Him as it does for us. We measure our day as a full rotation of the earth on its axis: sunrise to sunrise. The Lord does not have to measure His day the same as we do.

I believe there is ample evidence to consider the literal nature of the 1,000 year day. Without this understanding, some prophesies do not seem to make sense. It is only with this understanding that we can appreciate and understand the truly awe inspiring nature of God as The Alpha and Omega: The Author and Finisher of it all. He truly knows the beginning and the end. The Millennial Kingdom is the one where Christ will rule the nations with a rod of iron. It will not be a time of greatness for the gentile nations as their time will be complete. It is a time where the whole house of Israel is gathered again as one people and one nation. It is a time when the saints reign with Christ.

We need look no further than the world around us. It does not fit the description of the Millennium. Since you asked that we not perform Bible “gymnastics,” I am refraining from elaborating more with Scripture. However, if you are interested, I can go into more detail from the vantage point of Scripture to try and explain this further.

[*Edited to correct font size]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi ebedmelech,

Cyrus and Darius were not Babylonians, agree?
Agreed...but you not acknowledging the fact that even though the Persian empire came to power, Babylon remained Babylon, The name of the city didn't change! Only who was in power changed vinsight4u. Therefore when God said "these nations will serve the king of Babylon" it was exactly right. Whoever was in power was the king, and those nations served them. Those Kings were Nebuchadnezzar, Belshazzar, Darius, and Cyrus. Under ALL of them Babylon remained Babylon.

The land of Babylon was not desolated by either of them.
The Jews were in captivity for 70 years in Babylon, but seeing part of that time under non-Babylonian kings. Jeremiah 25:12 tells how at the end of the 70 years a Babylonian king is taken down and his land.
Therefore one must come to power in the land again in the ends, so we can move from Jer. 25:11 to 25:12.
Really?

I'm going to try this one more time, and hope you acknowledge this is the scripture saying so:

Ezra 1:1:

Now...Ezra says it fulfilled it. You may not think so...but the scripture disagrees.

25:12
"And it shall come to pass, when seventy years...punish the king of Babylon...the land of the Chaldeans...perpetual desolations."

This is not a prophecy that can come to pass at 60 years or 66 years, but only after seventy years of time. So it is yet in the future.
When some of those from Judah went back under the decree by Cyrus, none of them recorded how all of sudden a Babylonian king showed up and was killed. We know that the land was not desolated, as others stayed by choice - just living in Babylon.
You're not heeding the scriptures again, and you must allow the scripture to tell how these things happened. "Perpetual desolations" means continuing. The desolation began when Darius the Mede took the kingdom from Belshazzar and it goes on from there.

Babylon was over run by Alexander the Great...you might went to research that. It will also confirm for you the Babylon remained Babylon even then.

When has the Babylonian Empire ever been what it was after Cyrus? It has gone down perpetually just as God said. Babylon is NOTHING now vinsight4u and will always be nothing! Just because the city exist doesn't mean the prophecy was not fulfilled.

But Jeremiah told us of this time to come.

Jer. 50:8
"Remove ye out of the midst of Babylon...out of the land of the Chaldeans..."

51:6
"Flee out of the midst of Babylon..."

This has not happened.
The Jews must go back into Babylon, so they can flee from there.
Wrong again.

Like I said...you have to understand "PERPETUAL"...

*Darius took Babylon from the Chaldeans...from there it went consistently downward

*Alexander The Great then over ran them...and after he died all of his kingdom was divided up among his 4 generals and Babylon went down further from there. Babylon was constantly involved in war after that. With each war...more of it was destroyed. God delivered on the prophecy.

Please go to the history of Babylon...they have NEVER come to the prominence they had under Nebuchadnezzar. They went consistently down from there.

Also you have to understand "prophetic hyperbole". God said Jerusalem would be desolate 70 years by Jeremiah however, when Ezra gets there to rebuild the temple, there was still enough of the foundation to begin rebuilding.

You have to let the scriptures describe to what degree the desolation is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi ebedmelech,

Cyrus and Darius were not Babylonians, agree?
The land of Babylon was not desolated by either of them.
The Jews were in captivity for 70 years in Babylon, but seeing part of that time under non-Babylonian kings. Jeremiah 25:12 tells how at the end of the 70 years a Babylonian king is taken down and his land.
Therefore one must come to power in the land again in the ends, so we can move from Jer. 25:11 to 25:12.

25:12
"And it shall come to pass, when seventy years...punish the king of Babylon...the land of the Chaldeans...perpetual desolations."

This is not a prophecy that can come to pass at 60 years or 66 years, but only after seventy years of time. So it is yet in the future.
When some of those from Judah went back under the decree by Cyrus, none of them recorded how all of sudden a Babylonian king showed up and was killed. We know that the land was not desolated, as others stayed by choice - just living in Babylon.

But Jeremiah told us of this time to come.

Jer. 50:8
"Remove ye out of the midst of Babylon...out of the land of the Chaldeans..."

51:6
"Flee out of the midst of Babylon..."

This has not happened.
The Jews must go back into Babylon, so they can flee from there.

Did any Jews flee Babylon(Iraq) recently when Sadadam Hussain was the king and killed? Could that be the needed years to make up the full 70? Iraq is certainly "desolate" now.

Upvote 0

genetheking

Soldier in Christ
Feb 18, 2013
Rodney,Michigan
✟15,295.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm sure this has been discussed before but quite new to forum.

It seems quite obvious to me that we are not currently living in Millenium - this is mainly for two reasons:

1. The text describing the Millenium seems to be very straight forward. In Rev 20 we are told six times very clearly that it will last one thousand years. There does not appear to any hint that the term one thousand is being used in a figurative way here.
I do take the point that numbers have symbolic significance, but that does not mean they do not ALSO mean what they say. (For example, the number 3 has symbolic significance, but I still believe Christ was in grave for three days and three nights - the number is both literal AND symbolic).
I assume that one thousand years means one thousand years even though there may also be a symbolic relevance to the Millenium being one thousand years. It clearly cannot have last began around time of Christ as those one thousand years have expired!

2. The world does NOT look like a place that fits the description of the Millenium.
Rev 20 tells us that Satan will be bound, with a seal above his head SO THAT he may deceive the nations any longer.
It is quite obvious to me that Satan is not bound and is still VERY active in deceiving mankind! In fact, we are told in 1 Peter 5:8 that the devil prowls around like a roaring lion. This would not be possible if he was currently bound and unable to deceive the nations.
Surely it is not possible to take an honest look at world around us (just turn on the world news!) and justify the view that Satan is not active in deceiving the nations?

I have always accepted the view that the Millenium must refer to a future time but I know that many feel we are living in this time now - what are the reasons for this view?

Rather than simply doing gymnastics around the Bible, please also give me observations from physical, visible world around us...

No the Millennium doesn't take place until after the 2nd coming of Christ then we go up and live in heaven for 1000 years looking at the records of those who didn't make it into heaven. Revelation 20:4
[ The Saints Reign with Christ 1,000 Years ] And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No the Millennium doesn't take place until after the 2nd coming of Christ then we go up and live in heaven for 1000 years looking at the records of those who didn't make it into heaven. Revelation 20:4
[ The Saints Reign with Christ 1,000 Years ] And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Your supposition above stands on a three-legged chair. First the Bible says the "son of man" will come flying upon the clouds of heaven. Jesus is the son of God not man. "Son of man" is us the last descendants of men before the millennium. It is us in Jesus's Christian nations who invented and fly above the clouds as he predected we would at this end time.

The Millennial kingdom is part of the 7000 years correspondent to God's seven Genesis days of creation. It is an advanced "type" of promised land. Just as the Old Testament Covenant had it's separated geographical area on this earth for their so called "rest," so too is the promised rest for Jesus's New Testament Covenant here on a separated particular piece of land. These events are all still included and corresponding to God's seven Genesis days of Creation. They are all here on this earth in the world which God made during Genesis. Eternal life is after the 7000 years are completed and after the Judgment day.

The "souls" of them who were beheaded for Christ will be vindicated. Not the bodies of them. It is the justification of 2000 years of faithful Christians being abused and killed and deprived but holding fast. The Christian Millennial kingdom of Rev.20;4,6 is what all these persecuted Christians looked towards and with the millennium are rewarded. It says it is their "souls" which are there. Don't wait for physical appearances or it would have said so.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jeremiah 25:12 requires that first a Babylonian king has seventy years, then he and his land of Chaldea falls.
Cyrus was not Babylonian, nor was his land Chaldea.
Chaldea had been conquered rather peacefully by the Persians.

Jeremiah 25:11 does not allow conquering rulers of Chaldea be counted as fitting for its prophecy.

"...these nations shall serve the king of Babylon..."
v12 "...I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans..."
No it doesn't... you need to read all of the passage!
When Cyrus took Babylon, there was no longer land owned by the Chaldeans or their king. It was not yet seventy years, when Belshazzar was slain. That made no king of Babylon punished yet when 70 years of time end.
But was Babylon still Babylon? Yes! Was Darius king of Babylon? Yes, Was Cyrus the king of Babylon? Yes!

Does Ezra 1:1 say Cyrus' release of the Jews fullfilled the propecy of Jeremiah? Yes! Was Cyrus the king of Babylon? Yes!

Are you wrong? Yes!
Verse 12 is not a passage that can come to pass if there is not an actual Babylonian king ruling Chaldea.

605 -539 BC - Belshazzar slain

Darius the Mede rules Babylon.

Again...you're ignoring Darius and Cyrus. Regardless of what you say, they were the kings of Babylon. Daniel is telling us in Daniel 9:1, 2 that Darius is part of Jeremiah's 70 year fulfillment:
In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of Median descent, who was made king over the kingdom of the Chaldeans—
2 in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, observed in the books the number of the years which was revealed as the word of the Lord to Jeremiah the prophet for the completion of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years.

There you have Daniel telling you king Darius is part of the prophecy...but YOU want to discard that...YOU CANNOT! You have to accept what the scripture says.
Daniel will be given great power in this time, yet he will end up in the den of lions ==where an angel protects him.
Time is passing ===passing - still not 70 years of captivity in Babylon==
Cyrus has his first year over Babylon, and releases some Jews.
Still - no Babylon king is around to punish, and the time of desolating his land can't come, unless his land has its own kingdom back.
Cyrus was not punished.
Darius was not punished.
Only a Chadean ruler can bring in the time left to get to the 70 years where he and his land will fall.
What you're doing is IMPOSING on the scripture vinsight4u. Just because Darius and Cyrus were not punished means NOTHING! God holds the timetable as to how the PERPETUAL DESOLATIONS were to come against Babylon. Again, "perpetual" means it's continuous. Look at Babylons history and you'll see it was continuously conquered.

Furthermore, for the 70 years to be complete...God in His providence allows a period of peace to fulfill the prophecy of Jeremiah. He allows a period of peace as the Jews return to the land and rebuild the temple! Think about that. GOD IS AWESOME!

25:11
"...these nations shall serve the king of Babylon..."
When Cyrus and Darius took over Babylon, the nations were serving Persia and Media - not Babylon. Babylon's kingdom time has had its clock temporarily stopped on it ===till the end days.
So whoever is the king...they served them! You're making my point! Those kings were of Persia...BUT THEY REIGNED FROM BABYLON vinsight4u! Just as Nebuchadnezzar and Belshazzar were kings and reigned from Babylon!

Within Daniel, does Daniel clearly tell us that he served of 4 kings? Yes. Where the 4 kings over Babylon? Yes!

Now...once again...does Ezra tell us that king Cyrus' decree fulfills the the 70 years? Yes!!! READ IT...Ezra 1:1, 2:
2 “Thus says Cyrus king of Persia, ‘The Lord, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth and He has appointed me to build Him a house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah.

This fulfills the 70 year exile...stop resisting the scripture! Vinsight4u, you have to let scripture say what it says! You cannot read Daniel and Ezra telling you it fulfills Jeremiah's prophecy, and then just decide on your own that it doesn't. YOU ACCEPT WHAT THE SCRIPTURE SAYS!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0