Are we living in Millenium now?

Danny777

Jan 7, 2013
✟8,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure this has been discussed before but quite new to forum.

It seems quite obvious to me that we are not currently living in Millenium - this is mainly for two reasons:

1. The text describing the Millenium seems to be very straight forward. In Rev 20 we are told six times very clearly that it will last one thousand years. There does not appear to any hint that the term one thousand is being used in a figurative way here.
I do take the point that numbers have symbolic significance, but that does not mean they do not ALSO mean what they say. (For example, the number 3 has symbolic significance, but I still believe Christ was in grave for three days and three nights - the number is both literal AND symbolic).
I assume that one thousand years means one thousand years even though there may also be a symbolic relevance to the Millenium being one thousand years. It clearly cannot have last began around time of Christ as those one thousand years have expired!

2. The world does NOT look like a place that fits the description of the Millenium.
Rev 20 tells us that Satan will be bound, with a seal above his head SO THAT he may deceive the nations any longer.
It is quite obvious to me that Satan is not bound and is still VERY active in deceiving mankind! In fact, we are told in 1 Peter 5:8 that the devil prowls around like a roaring lion. This would not be possible if he was currently bound and unable to deceive the nations.
Surely it is not possible to take an honest look at world around us (just turn on the world news!) and justify the view that Satan is not active in deceiving the nations?

I have always accepted the view that the Millenium must refer to a future time but I know that many feel we are living in this time now - what are the reasons for this view?

Rather than simply doing gymnastics around the Bible, please also give me observations from physical, visible world around us...

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here's a description (one of many) of what the millennium will be like:

Zech 14:9 The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name.

10 The whole land, from Geba to Rimmon, south of Jerusalem, will become like the Arabah. But Jerusalem will be raised up high from the Benjamin Gate to the site of the First Gate, to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the royal winepresses, and will remain in its place. 11 It will be inhabited; never again will it be destroyed. Jerusalem will be secure.

12 This is the plague with which the Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. 13 On that day people will be stricken by the Lord with great panic. They will seize each other by the hand and attack one another. 14 Judah too will fight at Jerusalem. The wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected—great quantities of gold and silver and clothing. 15 A similar plague will strike the horses and mules, the camels and donkeys, and all the animals in those camps.

16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, they will have no rain. 18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The Lord will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.

20 On that day holy to the Lord will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, and the cooking pots in the Lord’s house will be like the sacred bowls in front of the altar. 21 Every pot in Jerusalem and Judah will be holy to the Lord Almighty, and all who come to sacrifice will take some of the pots and cook in them. And on that day there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the Lord Almighty.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It seems quite obvious to me that we are not currently living in Millenium - this is mainly for two reasons:

1. The text describing the Millenium seems to be very straight forward. In Rev 20 we are told six times very clearly that it will last one thousand years. There does not appear to any hint that the term one thousand is being used in a figurative way here.
I do take the point that numbers have symbolic significance, but that does not mean they do not ALSO mean what they say. (For example, the number 3 has symbolic significance, but I still believe Christ was in grave for three days and three nights - the number is both literal AND symbolic).
I assume that one thousand years means one thousand years even though there may also be a symbolic relevance to the Millenium being one thousand years. It clearly cannot have last began around time of Christ as those one thousand years have expired!

2. The world does NOT look like a place that fits the description of the Millenium.
Rev 20 tells us that Satan will be bound, with a seal above his head SO THAT he may deceive the nations any longer.
It is quite obvious to me that Satan is not bound and is still VERY active in deceiving mankind! In fact, we are told in 1 Peter 5:8 that the devil prowls around like a roaring lion. This would not be possible if he was currently bound and unable to deceive the nations.
Surely it is not possible to take an honest look at world around us (just turn on the world news!) and justify the view that Satan is not active in deceiving the nations?

I have always accepted the view that the Millenium must refer to a future time but I know that many feel we are living in this time now - what are the reasons for this view?

Rather than simply doing gymnastics around the Bible, please also give me observations from physical, visible world around us...

The seal that is set upon satan is that he is bound from taking his seat in Jerusalem to perform the abomination of desolation and gathering the nations together to the battle of Armageddon, the context of his seal is clearly explained in Rev 20:7-8, nothing states that evil has been done away with, that is your inference to something that isn't seen!

When the seal is opened, he will be permitted to come forth to perform Gods will in the abomination and gathering the world together for the final battle!

"Yes the symbolic 1000 year reign is taking place now in the spiritual realm"!

As seen posted in the Eschatology thread "A Literal 1000 Year Kingodom on Earth, "Fairy Tale"! The answer to the false teachings of a literal 1000 year Kingdom on earth are answered in great depth, no need to repost!

Revelation 20 (KJV) 1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The End!

Jesus Christ Is The Lord!

Truth7t7

Last edited:
Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican

Each one of the 5 horsemen reign for a thousand years. The US is the 4th horseman, founded by George Washington who rode a pale horse. Our weapons bring hell and death.

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The "hour of temptation" is upon us today. We can't barely communicate about things in heaven, we each only keep spouting our own views. Why?" Because there is presently "silence in heaven."

The angels wouldn't let us speak to each other by holding back the winds. Wind is air is speach. Smoke filles the temple at this time so "no man can enter." This is happening during Jesus's foretold "hour of temptation." Does it seem like it to you?" Are people understanding what you are saying? How many here have found agreement with others on their Biblical views?

We have to wait it out. The Dragon has flooded the internet with so many views/water/words that we can't find "dry land." But somehow, somehow somehow, the "earth will swallow the Dragons flood." Someone could try explaining this to me please.

ChapterTwentyFour%20(13).jpg

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 19 clearly shows the second coming of Jesus Christ at the end of the world, this event is seen clearly several times throughout the Holy Bible.
I'm clearly aware that Dispensational Zionism teaches that there is a 1000 year Kingdom seen between Chapter 19 & 20 this is a false teaching!

The marriage supper of the Lamb takes place in the eternal Kingdom "New Jerusalem" Rev 21:1-3 after the Judgement is complete, and the Lords has returned on the last day resurrection and catching up when death is swallowed up in victory 1 Cor 15:52-54 "in the twinkling of an eye",

Immediately after the tribulation Matthew 24:29-31, in flaiming fire taking vengence 2 Thess 1:7-8, dissolving the heavens and earth by fire 2 Peter 3:10-13, all mens work will be Judged by this fire 1 Cor 3:13, the believer will receive their glorified bodies and pass through the fire to the eternal Kingdom "New Jerusalem" here the marriage supper awaits, we are to look for the "New Heavens and Earth, that will be seen revealed after this firey judgement in Rev 21:1-3

Dispensational Christian Zionism falsely teaches Rev 19 & 20 are seperate events, when they are the same events of the Lords coming, the resurrection and Judgement. The end of the world and second coming of Jesus Christ is seen several times in the book of Revelation, in parallel teachings, John N. Darby, C.I. Scofield the adulterer and those that follow their teachings falsely teach that the book of revelation is taught chronologically to make room for their false 1000 year Zionist Kingdom on earth.

Dispensational Christian Zionism does not want to see this physical earth disappear, because they need to maintain an earth and false Kingdom for 1000 years for Israel the Jews to rule in, a false teaching!

Matthew 24:35 (KJV) 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-8 (KJV)
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Peter 3:10-13 (KJV)
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

We will look at the Kingdom prepared as a bride where the righteous will partake in the marriage supper of the Lamb?
Dispensational Christian Zionism falsely teaches that this takes place in heaven after a rapture, while tribulation saints on earth will miss out on this marriage supper, a false teaching!

We will look at the Kingdom prepared as a bride where the righteous will partake in the marriage supper of the Lamb?
Dispensational Christian Zionism falsely teaches that this takes place in heaven after a rapture, while tribulation saints on earth will miss out on this marriage supper, a false teaching!

But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Revelation 19:7 (KJV)
7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

The marriage supper will take place in the eternal Kingdom "New Jerusalem" that will take place after the existing heaven and earth have been dissolved by fire, the former heaven and earth have passed away!

Revelation 21:1-3 (KJV)
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

The order of vents will be Just as the scripture teaches, Appearance, Judgement, Eternal Kingdom, on the Last day, Last Trumph when death is swallowed up in victory, all in the twinkling of an eye!

2 Timothy 4:1(KJV)
4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Truth7t7

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

The marriage supper will take place in the eternal Kingdom "New Jerusalem" that will take place after the existing heaven and earth have been dissolved by fire, the former heaven and earth have passed away!

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

The order of vents will be Just as the scripture teaches, Appearance, Judgement, Eternal Kingdom, on the Last day, Last Trumph when death is swallowed up in victory, all in the twinkling of an eye!

4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Truth7t7

2 Tim 4:1 is describing the judgment of the church, the living and dead in Christ at his appearance.

1 Thes 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

1 Thess 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

1Pe 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God's household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

Upvote 0
C

Carmella Prochaska

Contrary to popular opinion, the biblical Millennium is a time of desolation and ruin, followed by more rebellion, then judgment, and finally, re-creation--when the Lord who first spoke heaven and earth into existence repeats His creativity, “His wonders to perform”!

The most important issue, however, isn’t so much our knowledge of millennial details but our knowledge of the God who has revealed the truth about it. There is no second chance, no middle ground, no neutrality in this Great War between Jesus Christ and Satan. Remember, the devil deceives “nations” (Revelation 20:3) in many areas.

Jesus died so that we could have a place with Him in that New Jerusalem and in the new heavens and new earth that are coming. Our final destiny, inside or outside, eternal life or eternal destruction, depends upon our choice.

The Millennium is coming; nothing will change this. All we can do is decide – by our choice for or against Jesus – where we are going to spend it.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
vinsight4u: Rev. 19:1 is where the vision for the scenes in chapter 20 began. The things shown in chaper 19 have to occur before those in chapter 20 can begin.
The devil accuses the brethren till about the time of the great tribulation.
Then those people are set apart that were slain as martyrs for Jesus Christ, and they rest till the others of their brethren get slain during the little season of the 5th seal.

Revelation 19 clearly shows the second coming of Jesus Christ at the end of the world, this event is seen clearly several times throughout the Holy Bible.
I'm clearly aware that Dispensational Zionism teaches that there is a 1000 year Kingdom seen between Chapter 19 & 20 this is a false teaching!

The marriage supper of the Lamb takes place in the eternal Kingdom "New Jerusalem" Rev 21:1-3 after the Judgement is complete, and the Lords has returned on the last day resurrection and catching up when death is swallowed up in victory 1 Cor 15:52-54 "in the twinkling of an eye",

Immediately after the tribulation Matthew 24:29-31, in flaiming fire taking vengence 2 Thess 1:7-8, dissolving the heavens and earth by fire 2 Peter 3:10-13, all mens work will be Judged by this fire 1 Cor 3:13, the believer will receive their glorified bodies and pass through the fire to the eternal Kingdom "New Jerusalem" here the marriage supper awaits, we are to look for the "New Heavens and Earth, that will be seen revealed after this firey judgement in Rev 21:1-3

Dispensational Christian Zionism falsely teaches Rev 19 & 20 are seperate events, when they are the same events of the Lords coming, the resurrection and Judgement. The end of the world and second coming of Jesus Christ is seen several times in the book of Revelation, in parallel teachings, John N. Darby, C.I. Scofield the adulterer and those that follow their teachings falsely teach that the book of revelation is taught chronologically to make room for their false 1000 year Zionist Kingdom on earth.

Dispensational Christian Zionism does not want to see this physical earth disappear, because they need to maintain an earth and false Kingdom for 1000 years for Israel the Jews to rule in, a false teaching!

Matthew 24:35 (KJV) 35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

2 Thessalonians 1:7-8 (KJV)
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

2 Peter 3:10-13 (KJV)
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Truth7t7

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bethwhite: 2 Tim 4:1 is describing the judgment of the church, the living and dead in Christ at his appearance.
Beth I'm fully aware of your response style, you give a short clip and try desperately a response to support the claim of a false 1000 year kingdom upon earth, 2 Tim was just one verse of many that disproves your claims.

And this verse clearly shows the order of events that went along with the other 708 scripture references that were given, that you disregarded to quote.

Your snip and response is empty, I will refrain from reposting, and P.S. this response was meant for vinsight4u I'm getting use to this forum format, but thanks for your clip and snip a biased response, in misrepresentation of 2 Tim 4:1 "SMILES"!

Jesus will judge the "QUICK/SAVED" and the "Dead/Wicked" at his appearing, a far cry from your false claims of this being the church the living dead.

2 Timothy 4:1 (KJV) 4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

A literal 1000 year kingdom on earth is a fairy tale!

Truth7t7

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Contrary to popular opinion, the biblical Millennium is a time of desolation and ruin, followed by more rebellion, then judgment, and finally, re-creation--when the Lord who first spoke heaven and earth into existence repeats His creativity, “His wonders to perform”!

The most important issue, however, isn’t so much our knowledge of millennial details but our knowledge of the God who has revealed the truth about it. There is no second chance, no middle ground, no neutrality in this Great War between Jesus Christ and Satan. Remember, the devil deceives “nations” (Revelation 20:3) in many areas.

Jesus died so that we could have a place with Him in that New Jerusalem and in the new heavens and new earth that are coming. Our final destiny, inside or outside, eternal life or eternal destruction, depends upon our choice.

The Millennium is coming; nothing will change this. All we can do is decide – by our choice for or against Jesus – where we are going to spend it.

The earth is going to be renewed, like it was after the flood, and restored, like the Garden of Eden.

The millennium is a time of renewal. Jesus is not going to preside over "desolation and ruin".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Beth I'm fully aware of your response style, you give a short clip and try desperately a response to support the claim of a false 1000 year kingdom upon earth, 2 Tim was just one verse of many that disproves your claims.

And this verse clearly shows the order of events that went along with the other 708 scripture references that were given, that you disregarded to quote.

Your snip and response is empty, I will refrain from reposting, and P.S. this response was meant for vinsight4u I'm getting use to this forum format, but thanks for your clip and snip a biased response, in misrepresentation of 2 Tim 4:1 "SMILES"!

Jesus will judge the "QUICK/SAVED" and the "Dead/Wicked" at his appearing, a far cry from your false claims of this being the church the living dead.

2 Timothy 4:1 (KJV) 4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Truth7t7
You're on point brother! That is emphatically true to the scriptures! :amen: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You're on point brother! That is emphatically true to the scriptures! :amen: :thumbsup:

Who is right - you or God? I choose God.

Rev 20:

The Thousand Years

20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
The Judgment of Satan

7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
The Judgment of the Dead

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Who is right - you or God? I choose God.

Rev 20:

The Thousand Years

20 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. 2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
The Judgment of Satan

7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
The Judgment of the Dead

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.
God is right. The problem is you APPLY it worng!

Paul says Jesus reigns now...I believe the apostle Paul he wrote the passage...you ignore the passage.

Jesus said he has "ALL AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH"

Now...let me do a Beth:

Definition of reign:
a : royal authority : sovereignty <under the reign of the Stuart kings>
b : the dominion, sway, or influence of one resembling a monarch <the reign of the Puritan ministers>

: the time during which one (as a sovereign) reigns

Now...let me quote Jesus ONE MORE TIME:
Matthew 28:18:
18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

I believe God...and I believe what the scripture says! Jesus reigns...RIGHT NOW!!!

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is right. The problem is you APPLY it worng!

How can I be applying it wrong when I trust what it says?

Rev 20: I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

Paul says Jesus reigns now...I believe the apostle Paul he wrote the passage...you ignore the passage.

Jesus said he has "ALL AUTHORITY IN HEAVEN AND ON EARTH"

Now...let me do a Beth:

Definition of reign:
a : royal authority : sovereignty <under the reign of the Stuart kings>
b : the dominion, sway, or influence of one resembling a monarch <the reign of the Puritan ministers>

: the time during which one (as a sovereign) reigns

Now...let me quote Jesus ONE MORE TIME:
Matthew 28:18:
18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying,&#8220;All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.

I believe God...and I believe what the scripture says! Jesus reigns...RIGHT NOW!!!

Yes, because he went to the cross and was worthy to take the 7-sealed scroll and start opening those seals!

The 7-sealed scroll is the method by which Jesus judges the world and casts the devil out of the world.

Jhn 12:31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

Jesus opened the first four seals (MY FOUR DREADFUL JUDGMENTS) right after he ascended and he will open the last three seals as He is returning to drive the devil out of this world.

Ezek 14:21 &#8220;For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: How much worse will it be when I send against Jerusalem my four dreadful judgments&#8212;sword and famine and wild beasts and plague&#8212;to kill its men and their animals!

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Our Lord Jesus Christ is Lord of lords and King of kings right now. He is now seated at the right hand of the Father, in glory, reigning as King, Lord, Sovereign. We don't have to wait for that to happen in the future, He is Lord now, He is King now.

When the Lord comes again, it is from glory, to judge the living and the dead, to renew and restore all things. Not to establish a temporal kingdom, but the everlasting reign, World without end.

As we recite in the Creed:

&#954;&#945;&#953; &#960;&#940;&#955;&#953;&#957; &#949;&#961;&#967;&#972;&#956;&#949;&#957;&#959;&#957; &#956;&#949;&#964;&#945; &#948;&#972;&#958;&#951;&#962; &#954;&#961;&#953;&#957;&#945;&#953; &#950;&#969;&#957;&#964;&#945;&#962; &#954;&#945;&#953; &#957;&#949;&#954;&#961;&#959;&#973;&#962;· &#959;&#965; &#964;&#951;&#962; &#946;&#945;&#963;&#953;&#955;&#949;&#943;&#945;&#962; &#959;&#965;&#954; &#941;&#963;&#964;&#945;&#953; &#964;&#941;&#955;&#959;&#962;.

And coming again from glory to judge those living and dead; the kingdom of His being without end.

We aren't looking for a Jesus empire, but rather the everlasting Reign of God, present in part now through the Crucified and Risen Jesus who reigns now and is working through His Church; and then, face to face, in fulness in the Age to Come, world everlasting.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0