✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Future:

Zech 14:A day of the Lord is coming, Jerusalem, when your possessions will be plundered and divided up within your very walls. 2 I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city. 3 Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. 4 On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south. 5 You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake[a] in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the Lord my God will come, and all the holy ones with him.
6 On that day there will be neither sunlight nor cold, frosty darkness. 7 It will be a unique day—a day known only to the Lord—with no distinction between day and night. When evening comes, there will be light.
8 On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter.
9 The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name.
10 The whole land, from Geba to Rimmon, south of Jerusalem, will become like the Arabah. But Jerusalem will be raised up high from the Benjamin Gate to the site of the First Gate, to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the royal winepresses, and will remain in its place. 11It will be inhabited; never again will it be destroyed. Jerusalem will be secure.
12 This is the plague with which the Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. 13 On that day people will be stricken by the Lord with great panic. They will seize each other by the hand and attack one another. 14 Judah too will fight at Jerusalem. The wealth of all the surrounding nations will be collected—great quantities of gold and silver and clothing. 15 A similar plague will strike the horses and mules, the camels and donkeys, and all the animals in those camps.
16 Then the survivors from all the nations that have attacked Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, and to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.17 If any of the peoples of the earth do not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord Almighty, they will have no rain. 18 If the Egyptian people do not go up and take part, they will have no rain. The Lord[b] will bring on them the plague he inflicts on the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles. 19 This will be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Festival of Tabernacles.
20 On that day holy to the Lord will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, and the cooking pots in the Lord’s house will be like the sacred bowls in front of the altar. 21 Every pot in Jerusalem and Judah will be holy to the Lord Almighty, and all who come to sacrifice will take some of the pots and cook in them. And on that day there will no longer be a Canaanite[c] in the house of the Lord Almighty.
Just a second Beth. You're "SPINNING"...I addressed your Ezekiel and Zephaniah passages, and demonstrated them to be wrong application.

For the record, Zechariah 14 peaks to Jerusalem's destruction as well s the end. All of it is not future.

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just a second Beth. You're "SPINNING"...I addressed your Ezekiel and Zephaniah passages, and demonstrated them to be wrong application.

For the record, Zechariah 14 peaks to Jerusalem's destruction as well s the end. All of it is not future.

Ezek 38 and 39 are future.

Eze 39:10 They will not need to gather wood from the fields or cut it from the forests, because they will use the weapons for fuel. And they will plunder those who plundered them and loot those who looted them, declares the Sovereign LORD.

Zephaniah 2 is future. Moab/Ammonites is referring to modern day Jordan:

“I have heard the insults of Moab
and the taunts of the Ammonites,
who insulted my people
and made threats against their land.
9 Therefore, as surely as I live,”
declares the Lord Almighty,
the God of Israel,
“surely Moab will become like Sodom,
the Ammonites like Gomorrah—
a place of weeds and salt pits,
a wasteland forever.

The remnant of my people will plunder them;
the survivors of my nation will inherit their land.” 10 This is what they will get in return for their pride,
for insulting and mocking
the people of the Lord Almighty.

11The Lord will be awesome to them
when he destroys all the gods of the earth.
Distant nations will bow down to him,
all of them in their own lands.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ezek 38 and 39 are future.

Eze 39:10 They will not need to gather wood from the fields or cut it from the forests, because they will use the weapons for fuel. And they will plunder those who plundered them and loot those who looted them, declares the Sovereign LORD.

who insulted my people
the God of Israel,
a wasteland forever.

the survivors of my nation will inherit their land.” 10 This is what they will get in return for their pride,

Ok...I think I have it.

Just say "future" even though the proof is in the passage it's not...:thumbsup:

I think I'm done. I don't mind debating the scripture for the purpose of finding truth...you just want to be right...despite being shown that its wrong.

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok...I think I have it.

I think I'm done. I don't mind debating the scripture for the purpose of finding truth...you just want to be right...despite being shown that its wrong.

What part of this do you think has already occurred?

Is it the idea that Jordan is a place of weeds and salt pits, a wasteland forever, already? NOPE

Is the the idea that God has destroyed all the gods on earth and all nations are bowing down to HIM? NOPE

who insulted my people
the God of Israel,
a wasteland forever.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Ok...I think I have it.

And this is called projection. That is when you accuse someone of feeling/thinking about you what you feel/think about them.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And this is called projection. That is when you accuse someone of feeling/thinking about you what you feel/think about them.
I'm sorry Handmaid...I didn't project anything. I showed Beth that her references of Ezekiel 39 and Zeph 2 were fulfilled in scripture using those passages.

When you prove something and a person still want to deny the proof...what is that?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry Handmaid...I didn't project anything. I showed Beth that her references of Ezekiel 39 and Zeph 2 were fulfilled in scripture using those passages.

When you prove something and a person still want to deny the proof...what is that?

I understand brother that you believe you made your case. But you did not.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Something to think about.

Jeremiah 25:11 does not have a time of captivity given in it, but the time of a king.

It is the Babylonian king that has 70 years, and only after he finishes those years will we move to verse 12 - and the king and his land falls - made perpertual desolations.
Then I think you better read it again. It says Judah will sereve the King of Babylon 70 years.

Jeremiah 25:11, 12
10 Moreover, I will take from them the voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones and the light of the lamp.
11 This whole land will be a desolation and a horror, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

Daniel confirms it was in Daniel 9:1-3 as he prays and confesses their sins:
In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of Median descent, who was made king over the kingdom of the Chaldeans—
2 in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, observed in the books the number of the years which was revealed as the word of the Lord to Jeremiah the prophet for the completion of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years.
3So I gave my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth and ashes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Then I think you better read it again. It says Judah will sereve the King of Babylon 70 years.

Jeremiah 25:11, 12
10 Moreover, I will take from them the voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones and the light of the lamp.
11 This whole land will be a desolation and a horror, and these nations will serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

Daniel confirms it was in Daniel 9:1-3 as he prays and confesses their sins:
In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasuerus, of Median descent, who was made king over the kingdom of the Chaldeans—
2 in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, observed in the books the number of the years which was revealed as the word of the Lord to Jeremiah the prophet for the completion of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years.
3So I gave my attention to the Lord God to seek Him by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth and ashes.

These verses here are not Zeph. 2 and Ezek 38 and 39. This is a different time period altogether.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Jews served Babylon about 66 years, Darius and then Cyrus before the first year of Cyrus came and he released the Jews that wanted to go back and rebuild Jerusalem and the temple of God.

The captivity lasted seventy years, but the time of under a Babylonian king has yet to be finished.
When Cyrus released the Jews, it was at the end of the seventy years of captivity, but it was after several years of having served the Medes and Persians -and there wasn't a Babylonian king in power to punish, nor that had any land to desolate.
Babylon's land must fall yet in the future, with its king that brings in the close of the seventy years of Jeremiah 25:11.

Daniel does not confirm it as being over. Daniel is going to start supplicating as to how will the Jeremiah prophecy come to pass. Gabriel comes and shows him that the final time will come at the end of the 70 years. This time it will be till the consummation.
Your straining at a gnat vinsight4u. It was 70 years...end of story.

The Babylon you think is future has been...it was Jerusalem. Why do you think John said it was a mystery? We'll just wait and see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
These verses here are not Zeph. 2 and Ezek 38 and 39. This is a different time period altogether.
Handmaid, where do I say they are? I clearly indicate those passages to be from Jeremiah and Daniel.

I answered the Ezekiel and Zeph passages in post #58

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,814.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Truly when you hold prophecy to how it applies, you will know how it applies. Did you read verse 23? It tells you this was done AFTER ISRAEL'S Exile! Read it:
Ezekiel 39:23:
23 The nations will know that the house of Israel went into exile for their iniquity because they acted treacherously against Me, and I hid My face from them; so I gave them into the hand of their adversaries, and all of them fell by the sword.
24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions I dealt with them, and I hid My face from them.”’”

Right there should clue you in

I see you took Ezek 23-24 out of context. Here is the whole story.

Ezek. 39:
6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the Lord. 7 So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel.
8 Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord God; this is the day whereof I have spoken.
9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:
10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord God.
11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog.
12 And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.
13 Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord God.
14 And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury with the passengers those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search.
15 And the passengers that pass through the land, when any seeth a man's bone, then shall he set up a sign by it, till the buriers have buried it in the valley of Hamongog.
16 And also the name of the city shall be Hamonah. Thus shall they cleanse the land.
17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord God; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
20 Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord God.
21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.
22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the Lord their God from that day and forward.
23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.
25 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;
26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28 Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.

Now when you read that in context, it clearly says that God will restore Israel and show once again His favor on them. Yes, it is a lot to read, but we are all grownups here.

Cyrus The Great ordered the rebuilding of God's Temple in Jerusalem, but it was Judah, not Israel who did it. It was Judah who was in the land at the time of Jesus, not Israel. It was Judah that was dispersed in 70 A.D. not Israel. But Ezekiel clearly says He will restore the house of Israel. The whole house, all twelve tribes, will be restored. It seems you are willing for God to forgive and restore everyone except Israel.

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi dana b,

When the angels hold back the four winds in Rev. 7, it is to protect Israel. When the winds are let go - an evil man/nation can come against her land like a whirlwind and scatter her from her land. I see it as the seals show the rise of the nation that will come against Israel, taking us clear to the time of the little season of the 5th seal. Then - Rev. 7 helps fill in the fine details of what the little season will be like against Israel and the world.

Ezekiel 7 and 9 can help make Rev. 7 clearer, because they show a time of four corners was coming upon Israel and some had to be marked for protection first by one that wore linen. The seven angels in Rev. 15 were seen in linen.
After the one in chapter 9 was done setting the mark on those to be protected, he returned to God, to give the report.
In Rev. 7, John would be hearing the report as being giving by the seven sealing angels set.

Ezekiel 7 also shows that at four corners time will come the worst of the heathen against the land of Israel to scatter her. He scatters her with more than one type of way to destroy her. such as - famine, sword, pestilence
This would line up with the time of the 4th seal.
hunger, sword, death, beasts of the earth

The other riders are not the time of the little horn mouth.
The beast is given this mouth at about the time of the 42 months.
I see it as this mouth was heard during the time of the 3rd seal.
It was also heard in the time of the 4th seal.

Rev. 7 is where John saw two sets of angels.
the four angels
and
the angels that seal people and came from the east with plagues

The plagues that they had - ways to hurt -were given to the four angels that will remain on the earth. The sealing angel set returns to heaven - to stand before God and give their report as to how many they sealed.

To get to the part where these sealing angels were seen in Rev. 7, it takes realizing that the seven angel set was first seen as a sign.
another sign in heaven

So Rev. 8:2 can't be shown to John, unless he first has seen signs in heaven.
One of those signs will be the seven angels making their debut into the book of Rev. as "seven angels".

Rev. 12 -first signs seen
woman
dragon
Rev. 13
the dragon is in action
a beast
the beast
Rev. 15:1
another sign/wonder
seven angels
This set descended to the east/Babylon to get the full vials.
Rev. 7
They now ascend -coming out of the east/Babylon
another angel ascending from the east
/the 7th one speaks
till we have sealed
Rev. 8
the seven angels

Wow! Thankyou for writting this out for us. You really must have spent a lot of time reading Revelation. It's very interesting. I appreciate you writting it so clearly. I can see much of what you say. I have to study Revelation in the context of what you have described. And i will. Much appreciated and interesting report!

Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I thank God that I live in the millennial reign of the US.

Thats the last thing i'd be happy about. America is Ephraim as described in the Book of Hosea. "When I would have healed Israel, the iniquity of Ephraim was discovered." Read the comments on new articles about US involved in Syria and Iran. Things are really rocking, iniquity discovered wise! Sorry, but Canadas scarry too.

Upvote 0