Apparent Age & The Incredible Foreknowledge of God

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What you call pessimism we call reality, if we face the facts they are easier to live with, if we deny the facts we must seek out religion.
Atheist have no monopoly on reality, unable to find all facts Atheist turn to the religion of the doctrines of doubt.

Upvote 0

BrriKerr

Dec 15, 2015
UK
✟603.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Atheist have no monopoly on reality, unable to find all facts Atheist turn to the religion of the doctrines of doubt.
I know we are all going to die and revert back to the state we were in before we were born because I have seen no reason to think anything else, if that's not real enough I don't know what is.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Of course it is.
"The very pessimism of the most pessimistic materialist is, in and of itself, sufficient proof that the universe of the pessimist is not wholly material. Both optimism and pessimism are concept reactions in a mind conscious of values as well as of facts. If the universe were truly what the materialist regards it to be, man as a human machine would then be devoid of all conscious recognition of that very fact. Without the consciousness of the concept of values within the spirit-born mind, the fact of universe materialism and the mechanistic phenomena of universe operation would be wholly unrecognized by man. One machine cannot be conscious of the nature or value of another machine." UB 1955​

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Atheism is as you so rightly point out the default position, so in that respect yes I do go with the flow.

In what sense is it the default position? There is good evidence that if a group of infants were cast away on a desert island, and they somehow managed to survive, by the time they were teenagers they would have invented their own religion. It takes cultural conditioning to prevent that:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2008/nov/25/religion-children-god-belief

What about Islam and Hindu to name but two of the thousands of other religions you more than likely reject, for no reason I might add because their claims are no wilder than yours..

What about them? If Christianity is true, anything contradictory to it is necessarily false.

Upvote 0

BrriKerr

Dec 15, 2015
UK
✟603.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You don't know it, you believe it, that is your belief.
Unfortunately neither of us is ever going to find out if what I say is true or not, because we will both be dead, however,
when was the last time something was made to happened in your life just because you wanted it to?
things don't happen in reality just because we want or need them to we must make them happen, sadly we can not alter or change what happens to us when we are dead.
However if you feel better thinking you can alter things please give it your best shot, let's hope that out of the thousands of religions out there you have got the right one and it does what it says it will.

Upvote 0

BrriKerr

Dec 15, 2015
UK
✟603.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In what sense is it the default position?
Before religions there were no gods so atheism is the default, If atheism is not the default please tell me what you think is the default?
There is good evidence that if a group of infants were cast away on a desert island, and they somehow managed to survive, by the time they were teenagers they would have invented their own religion.
Make that young people who could speak and fend for themselves but had not had any gods implanted in them.
Yes fear would cause them to look outside of themselves for answers to the questions they could not answer, however, up until that point there would be no gods around, even then some of them would not go along with the god some thought up and would need to make up their own, some would not believe in any of the gods.
What about them? If Christianity is true, anything contradictory to it is necessarily false.
I see, you are banking on a long shot, thousands out there and you think you have picked the right one, OK. good luck with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately neither of us is ever going to find out if what I say is true or not, because we will both be dead, however,
when was the last time something was made to happened in your life just because you wanted it to?
things don't happen in reality just because we want or need them to we must make them happen, sadly we can not alter or change what happens to us when we are dead.
However if you feel better thinking you can alter things please give it your best shot, let's hope that out of the thousands of religions out there you have got the right one and it does what it says it will.
Life after death is just as conceivable as life before death.

Also I don't believe there is one right religion to the exclusion of all others. God is not a religion, God is a personality reality, the source of all personalities that seek communion with deity. God looks into the heart and judges by mans motives and sincere longings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrriKerr

Dec 15, 2015
UK
✟603.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Life after death is just as conceivable as life before death.
No we were given life by our parents, before that we did not exist, once we are dead all life if gone from our bodies,
when our brains die all our wants and wishes die with us, this is why life is so precious because we only have the one life.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No we were given life by our parents, before that we did not exist, once we are dead all life if gone from our bodies,
when our brains die all our wants and wishes die with us, this is why life is so precious because we only have the one life.

I agree somewhat with you, but in truth we were given human life by the life that gave our parents life. We are given the spiritual life by the source of spirit.

I agree that when our body dies it returns to the carbon based elements which played host to the electrochemical systems of our conscious life, but the spirit counterpart that was growing by cooperation with the spiritual forces, becomes the possession of our spirit guide until the day of the awakening survivors in the resurrection hall. Nothing is added but the fact of survival, man picks up right where he left off in spiritual growth on the mansion worlds.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Before religions there were no gods so atheism is the default, If atheism is not the default please tell me what you think is the default?

Theism. The psychological mechanism those studies have uncovered does not, unsurprisingly, specify a particular religion, but it does heavily predispose human beings towards belief in a religion.

Make that young people who could speak and fend for themselves but had not had any gods implanted in them. Yes fear would cause them to look outside of themselves for answers to the questions they could not answer,

If you had bothered to read the article, you would know that fear is not the psychological mechanism at work.

however, up until that point there would be no gods around, even then some of them would not go along with the god some thought up and would need to make up their own, some would not believe in any of the gods.

Well, that there is no objective reality, corresponding to the predisposition, is just your assumption.

I see, you are banking on a long shot, thousands out there and you think you have picked the right one, OK. good luck with that.

Firstly you can make that thousands into five major world religions: Judaism, Islam, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism. Secondly, that I just picked one out of the hat is, again, just your assumption.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The problem there, of course, is that the astounding discovery was made by one Ashwini Kumar Lal, who is neither an astronomer, nor a physicist, but a statistician who fancies himself as an astrophysicist.
That does not change the astounding discovery of embedded age in the universe.

The discovery is still a discovery, no matter who discovered it.

Nor do astronomers and physicists deny the discovery. They are simply baffled by it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see you are rewriting the Bible in your verse at the bottom of your posts, it should read:
God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightiest be justified in thy sayings, and mightiest overcome when thou art judged.
(Rom 3:4)
Not:
I accept your facts, but I reject your theory.
"Let God be true, and every man a liar."
(Rom 3:4)

Didn't you like the original?
Rewriting the Bible has happened quite a lot over the years so you are not the first and you won't be the last.
My signature is not a rewriting of the Bible.

It is simply stating that the human observations of God's creation are facts, but the human explanations of God's creation are theories.

I accept your observations which are factually true, but I reject your explanations which are mere theories.

"Let God be true, and every man a liar." -- (Rom 3:4).

The observation of God's creation is true, but man's explanation of God's creation is uncertain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
My signature is not a rewriting of the Bible.

It is simply stating that the human observations of God's creation are facts, but the human explanations of God's creation are theories.

I accept your observations which are factually true, but I reject your explanations which are mere theories.

"Let God be true, and every man a liar." -- (Rom 3:4).

The observation of God's creation is true, but man's explanation of God's creation is uncertain.
Here here! Soooooo much of religion is speculation. We can just look what Jesus did not say and compare that with the assumptions of Paganized Christianity.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Here here! Soooooo much of religion is speculation. We can just look what Jesus did not say and compare that with the assumptions of Paganized Christianity.

Such as? As if I can't guess.

Upvote 0

ecco

Poster
Sep 4, 2015
Florida
✟5,011.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
ecco said:
So, "sees all" does not include seeing what happens to you tomorrow?

The nature of men, and the nature of God, is different. So, to look at the nature of God, from the perspective of men, will not tell you anything of the nature of God. From a completely timeless perspective...there is no "tomorrow."

"I am" is the proper perspective.

It does seem that you are intentionally ducking the question of omniscience.

Does god know what you are going to do in your tomorrow?

Upvote 0