Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God Created this world with apparent age.

When doing so, He possessed incredible foreknowledge of what billions of years of natural processes interacting with materials would bring about.

God Created this world a few thousand years ago, but made it look naturally produced when made, like Eve.

If a person was able to go up to Eve the day after she was made and ask her how old she was they would think she was lying to them when she said one day. Her appearance would not represent one day.

In making a world look as if it was naturally made over billions of years, God foreknew an incredible amount of intricate details, as if they naturally happened.

When God Created the world, He possessed billions of years of intricate details in a moments time.

Amazing is His intelligence. Amazing are His abilities.

Psalms 19:1
The heavens are telling of the glory of God; the their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

Isaiah 55:7,8
For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Last edited:

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

When doing so, He possessed incredible foreknowledge of what billions of years of natural processes interacting with materials would bring about.

God Created this world a few thousand years ago, but made it look naturally produced when made, like Eve.

What reason is there for creating a universe with a fake history?

Why not claim that God made the world last Friday, complete with a fake history and fake memories in our head?

What you are describing is a deity who wants to deceive us for no other purpose than to deceive us. If we can't trust the creation to tell us the truth, why should we trust the Bible?

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What reason is there for creating a universe with a fake history?

Why not claim that God made the world last Friday, complete with a fake history and fake memories in our head?

What you are describing is a deity who wants to deceive us for no other purpose than to deceive us. If we can't trust the creation to tell us the truth, why should we trust the Bible?
Do you really want to know or are you bashing the thread topic?

He knew everything about you before the world was made. Yes, His foreknowledge was future tense too. You cannot escape His Presence of you, in what you say and do.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

I have yet to hear a creationist give an even 1% credible answer as to why God would want to make a brand new Earth look 4.6 billion years old, and a brand new universe look 13.8 billion years old, when they were both only 0 seconds old at the time.

Upvote 0

ecco

Poster
Sep 4, 2015
Florida
✟5,011.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
...He knew everything about you before the world was made. Yes, His foreknowledge was future tense too. ...

To summarize...
  • God waited for almost all of eternity before creating our Universe
  • He created Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden
  • In that Garden he put a Tree
  • He admonished Adam & Eve to not eat the fruit thereof
  • Adam & Eve ate the fruit
  • God condemned mankind because Adam & Eve disobeyed Him
  • Some years thereafter, God killed almost all of His creation because 'The earth...was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth'

When God created Adam & Eve, fully grown, he instilled into them a knowledge of language and a sense of morality. Before He even began his creation, He knew that Adam & Eve would disobey him. He assured this by the level of morality He instilled into them.

God created Adam & Eve to intentionally disobey Him.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

If a person was able to go up to Eve the day after she was made and ask her how old she was they would think she was lying to them when she said one day. Her appearance would not represent one day.

In making a world look as if it was naturally made over billions of years, God foreknew an incredible amount of intricate details, as if they naturally happened.

When God Created the world, He possessed billions of years of intricate details in a moments time.

The heavens are telling of the glory of God; the their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Very good. The review of this old idea actually solves a good part of my problems. Thanks.

So, this understanding would take care of the age problems from the Creation Day 1 to Creation Day 4.
The point is, I don't think God will do the same creation process since the Creation Day 5 when He starts to create life. Any process involved animal or human life should not be instant (except the first one, like Adam), but should take time.

So, the question for us now is:
How much time is involved in the history of life? Consider it with a understanding that radiometric dating method should not be used to make any timing mark.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

elopez

Oct 11, 2010
Lansing, MI
✟18,206.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
How would you even know? It's not as if you could look or contemplate anything from the earth, according to this theory. So proponents of this theory such as yourself cannot use evidence of the sort as a means to this claim. You therefore must rely on the Bible, which means you have to also make the case that the Bible supports a 6,000 yr old earth, which the OP fell short of doing.

Although, it is not explicit that Genesis is a literal narrative. Genesis 1 has a formulaic and poetic structure, just like many other parts of Genesis, and the Bible itself. Those holding a chronology is based on the assumption that the Genesis genealogies are complete. Nothing in the text, however, requires that these genealogies are complete. Contrary to the calculation of Archbishop Ussher and others who have followed suit, it seems that the biblical genealogies are telescoped, representing a small portion of the actual human generations.

If God had foreknowledge of billions of years of evolution, does that mean that evolution itself should be viewed as feasible for YEC's? If God foreknew of it and the results, you do have to admit it is a possibility...

How long ago is a few? 3,000 years ago? Or more? 'Cause according to the apparent age theory, we could not accurately determine how long ago the earth was made. According to this logic, the earth could appear to be 6,000 years old, but that doesn't mean that it is! The logic of this theory is in entirety self defeating.

I think this implication says a lot about this view. If someone were to think Eve was lying, that means they were deceived by the appearance of her. They would be confused based on what God did, that he created that way. However, Scripture corrects this misunderstanding very simply with 1 Corinthians 14:33:

"For God is not the author of confusion"

God would not create this way and have it confuse people. The appearance of age asks us to accept absurdities such as that light from supernovas came from stars that never actually existed, and that the evidence for low oxygen was also faked. This makes God into a deceiver, something I am not willing to accept, nor should any Christian.

Reactions: Greeble
Upvote 0

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think that the whole concept of God's absolute foreknowledge is a major theological mistake as well as being unbiblical. The whole reason why this concept ever got started in theology in the first place anyway is the fact the early fathers incorporated Hellenic metaphysics into the doctrine of God. Since God has to be a statically complete perfection, could not change in any way whatsoever, he had to have absolute foreknowledge. Well, how then do we have real freedom of choice? We don't, as everything has to be predestined. However, I have a much different of God in mind, one that does not arbitrarily rule out change for God, and one that emphasizes freedom. And if we have genuine freedom, then God"s knowledge of the future is open-ended, indeterminate., just as is hours. That's because God knows the future for what it is: a collection of possibilities, not definite fixed facts. God cannot decide for us, so the future is open-ended until we decide. Consequently there is no possible way God would have foreknowledge of event millions and millions of years into the future I don't think God even wastes time on speculating o n the distant future. Why should God, anyway? Given that all entities have some real degree of freedom, an awful lot could happen between now and then, so that there is no need to waste time worrying about it now. .

Reactions: Greeble
Upvote 0

florida2

Sep 18, 2011
✟25,691.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Then you believe God is a deceiver. Creating a universe brand new but with all the evidence pointing to it being billions of years old makes him a liar.

Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have yet to hear a creationist give an even 1% credible answer as to why God would want to make a brand new Earth look 4.6 billion years old, and a brand new universe look 13.8 billion years old, when they were both only 0 seconds old at the time.
You're not familiar with aged cheese, are you? or raisins?

Would you demand a loaf of raisin bread have grapes in it, lest the chef is a deceiver?

The earth was created as a raisin, not a grape.

Reactions: Joshua260
Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

With just the right relative amounts of lead and uranium in zircon crystals to give the impression that it was 4.6 billion years old, when in fact it is 6,000 years old.

If that was true, which it isn't, it is difficult to see how it could be anything other than deliberate deception by God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
With just the right relative amounts of lead and uranium in zircon crystals to give the impression that it was 4.6 billion years old, when in fact it is 6,000 years old.

If that was true, which it isn't, it is difficult to see how it could be anything other than deliberate deception by God.
Like most atheists in the U.S., I used to be a Christian. Even when I was a Christian I did not believe in a lying God and since God made the world according to my beliefs then the book of Genesis could not be taken literally. Why some Christians insist on interpreting that book literally never made sense to me.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You're not familiar with aged cheese, are you? or raisins?

Would you demand a loaf of raisin bread have grapes in it, lest the chef is a deceiver?

Bad analogy, as usual. Aged cheese is called aged cheese because it is old. A loaf of raisin bread is made out of materials that are clearly older than the bread itself. This makes no sense. The Earth is not "made" in that sense. The Earth has a consistent history. It is not just some older material randomly mixed together with younger material. The history of the Earth is nothing like the history of your raisin bread.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

And you're doing the very thing you're accusing God of doing.

Where did God say the earth "is, in fact, 6000 years old"?

The fact is: you just did.

And you did it so you could accuse Him of being deceptive.

You can fool the others here, but you're not going to fool me.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Like most atheists in the U.S., I used to be a Christian. Even when I was a Christian I did not believe in a lying God and since God made the world according to my beliefs then the book of Genesis could not be taken literally. Why some Christians insist on interpreting that book literally never made sense to me.
Interpreting Genesis 1 allegorically allows the mind of the interpreter to be the final authority on what happened back then.

It gives the allegorist a sense of scholastic authority he refuses to get by studying.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
And you're doing the very thing you're accusing God of doing.

Where did God say the earth "is, in fact, 6000 years old"?

The fact is: you just did.

And you did it so you could accuse Him of being deceptive.

You can fool the others here, but you're not going to fool me.

I will grant that interpretation that a literal reading of Genesis says that the Earth is 6,000 years old is an interpretation by man (Bishop Usher) but the claim would still be deceptive since the Bible is not a history text book.

Upvote 0