Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is a guy around town her that is covered in tats. Swastikas, etc. mostly on his bald head and arms. No telling what he has under his clothes. He goes to Mexican and Chinese eateries all the time which I find mildly amusing. Maybe he was in prison? Maybe he changed his views? I don't know but it is very difficult to miss him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
People hijack symbols all the time. Look at the rainbow.
It's no wonder why so many conservatives look in apprehension at the new and improved world when they see so many people actively searching for anything they can demonize the old. there is not patience It's hard to have patience when your dodging the pointed finger. People need to keep things in perspective to get things done unless all they want to do is do something for the sake orf doing something. If that is the case, then everyone is their target. We just haven't stepped in front of their sights.

Upvote 0

SinnerInTheHands

Troubled Christian
Jul 17, 2015
USA
✟17,755.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
"The US Anti-Defamation League has named the Celtic Cross as one of the racist symbols used around the world to promote hate in their online Hate Symbols Database.

The ADL believes that white supremacist versions of the Celtic Cross, otherwise known as Odin’s Cross, Sun Cross, or Wheel Cross, have become some of the most important and widely used symbols of white supremacists. The cross consists of a square cross interlocking with or surrounded by a circle."

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Anti-Defamation-League-names-Celtic-Cross-as-racist-symbol.html

D'anam don diabhal!

I should write a letter to the ADL: "Ah, you're drunk, you're drunk you silly old fool, still you can not see . . ."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm convinced that gays made this their symbol to mock God.
I've always assumed it was an inclusion thing. Having all those colors together. I don't really think that they just want to be accepted for who they are. It's the activists that are the ones who are hostile, but that's generally the case in every movement. The radicals just want to tear stuff up. They don't care how it reflects on the gay community. They'd burn down a gay owned shop as quickly as they would a Christian owned shop. That's why the BLM crowd is getting all the bad press. Those who want to stand out are the only ones getting the press. Kind of like Donald Trump.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
People hijack symbols all the time. Look at the rainbow.
Was anyone actually "using" the rainbow for anything else before? I mean, other than saying that it symbolized the the end of the biblical flood? Was it actually utilized in some physical way?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is not new, white suppremecists have used the Celtic cross as a symbol of their ideology for decades. Heck, we used to have a poster here that was tattooed with one during their mispent white suppremecist youth. Much as the upside down cross can be used to represent good or evil, so can the Celtic cross. Nothing new, and that someone noted it is nothing to get up in arms about.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes God used it as a sign of his covenant with man. It has always been a Christian symbol. It was hijacked by the gay community. It's like taking the crucifix and using it for an antichristian agenda.
Was anyone actually "using" the rainbow for anything else before? I mean, other than saying that it symbolized the the end of the biblical flood? Was it actually utilized in some physical way?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not saying it is. But symbols are often taken and used for things other than what they were originality intended. Either people are not that creative or they do it for other reasons only they would know about.

This is not new, white suppremecists have used the Celtic cross as a symbol of their ideology for decades. Heck, we used to have a poster here that was tattooed with one during their mispent white suppremecist youth. Much as the upside down cross can be used to represent good or evil, so can the Celtic cross. Nothing new, and that someone noted it is nothing to get up in arms about.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Quite A few Irish get Celtic cross tattoos , especially in the larger Irish enclaves. I never knew that some use them to signify white supremacy. 100% of those I know do it out of pride for their heritage . Race is not even on the radar.
I would bet those using it are probably not even of Irish ethnicity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Quite A few Irish get Celtic cross tattoos , especially in the larger Irish enclaves. I never knew that some use them to signify white supremacy. 100% of those I know do it out of pride for their heritage . Race is not even on the radar.
I would bet those using it are probably not even of Irish ethnicity.

For the most part I'm sure you're right. The Irish Nationalist Brotherhood white suppremecist movement does frequently use the cross in their hate speech though.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying it is. But symbols are often taken and used for things other than what they were originality intended. Either people are not that creative or they do it for other reasons only they would know about.
So it wasn't used as a symbol. Okay. I thought I missed something.

Upvote 0

Blank Stair

1 Peter 3:16
Aug 19, 2015
✟18,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm convinced that gays made this their symbol to mock God.
I'd agree with that. The artist that stole the rainbow and made it into a rectangle flag attempted to identify his reasons for this by claiming each color meant something to the movement.

Upvote 0