An Open Invite To Talk About The Law And Grace

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
Its not an on off switch its about faith....he is only as crucified as you are relying on christ....else why the verse

*[[Luk 9:23]] KJV* And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Maybe think of it like this....he is dead but not willing to think he is....so every place in our life we see him acting as though he has life we trust Christ that he is dead and the Spirit only lives through us.

You claim in one post we will sin....then act as if the old man is dead and the Spirit only lives in us....then anouther post has the flesh and the Spirit warring in us....do you understand that all of those things are true.
This is our fight of faith.

*[[1Ti 6:11-13]] KJV*
%v 11% But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
%v 12% Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
%v 13% I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;

The "flesh" does not equate with nor is it synonymous with the "old man" or an "Adamic nature". You are arguing against yourself, not anything I have spoken of.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
I believe what I have stated was seen without the veil of the flesh the law becomes a promise of the life the Spirit is working in us and not a command of what should or should not be done....for under grace we are becoming the law not obeying it.....how does that sound like judging actions

Now this is interesting, you repeat it often, and it makes me curious about what teaching you have been under.

You seem to equate the Law with Christ. Is that correct?

Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Now this is interesting, you repeat it often, and it makes me curious about what teaching you have been under.

You seem to equate the Law with Christ. Is that correct?

All that was spoken from genesis to revelation is the word of God...and the word was made flesh and dwelt amoung us...he is the living word of God

Upvote 0

rick357

bond-slave
Jul 23, 2014
✟12,138.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The "flesh" does not equate with nor is it synonymous with the "old man" or an "Adamic nature". You are arguing against yourself, not anything I have spoken of.

In the way Paul uses it yes it is....Paul uses members or body to differ between the two....but he uses flesh to describe the power source of man within himself

Upvote 0
F

fozzy

One Paul says the law is holy not bad....two if you want to ignore what Ive said ...fine....if you want to draw your own conclusions to argue against... fine....but why edit a post and remove context just say what you are saying.

This was addressed to Michael. The law of sin and death is bad because it always condemns me and will send me to hell. The law of faith and the Spirit is good because it will do what the other cannot.

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian
All that was spoken from genesis to revelation is the word of God...and the word was made flesh and dwelt amoung us...he is the living word of God

Yes, we have the written word and we have the Living Word. The written word testifies of the Living Word. We do not worship the book. We worship the living Word - the living Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ, of whom the written word testifies.

Upvote 0
Oct 23, 2014
✟15,180.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is alive so, in a way, He still is fulfilling the Law, or rather is bringing the Law to its full completion in time and space. But not naturally, physically, materially... I believe Pentecost was the day when things shifted from natual to spiritual. The OT speaks of Jesus in pictures, symbols. Every feast speaks of Him!! 3 feast (from the OT) He fulfilled in His coming in the flesh. 4th feast - Pentecost was fulfilled by God sending His Spirit (the Spirit of His Son). Fulfilled means the picture became reality, the symbol was replaced by "the real thing". Once the real thing comes - there is no need for repetinion of the symbols any more. Their material representation becomes obsolete, empty religion. that's why we do not do animal sacrifices nor any sacrifice for that matter (money!) to get closer to God. 3 feast (historically) are not yet fulfilled: Day of Atonement, Trumpets and Tabernacles. They belong to the Law and they are not yet fulfilled on the earth. But does that mean that we are supposed to "keep the Law" (parts of it). NO!!! It rather means that we should be looking forward to its full fulfillment "the real thing" and not the "shadow". Flesh likes shadows...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums