Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not so since some cannot support their views with Scripture and refuse to discuss their UnScriptural purely religious unsupportable personal opinions. Amen?

Whether other people do (or are able to) support their views with Scripture doesn't make what you're doing not copypasta. If you're interested in actually discussing these things, you should try to understand what people are saying and then respond in a way that shows that you understand.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Whether other people do (or are able to) support their views with Scripture doesn't make what you're doing not copypasta. If you're interested in actually discussing these things, you should try to understand what people are saying and then respond in a way that shows that you understand.

I totally understand where most people are coming from. They are trying to support their beliefs with the same old ancient views which are unsupportable and claim that it's their "interpretation". Then they continue to post these flawed views and that is WHY I repeated my post which refutes their false ideas. I don't consider that it's copy and paste since they are in my original post which they have ignored, for no good reason. Would you have me go away and let them lead others astray?

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I totally understand where most people are coming from. They are trying to support their beliefs with the same old ancient views which are unsupportable and claim that it's their "interpretation". Then they continue to post these flawed views and that is WHY I repeated my post which refutes their false ideas. I don't consider that it's copy and paste since they are in my original post which they have ignored, for no good reason. Would you have me go away and let them lead others astray?

There's nothing relevant in the repeated post. Nothing. You took Strong's entry on "yowm" and then a little bit of speculation. What's there to respond to?

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was reading about this just now and thought that I was worth mentioning as its not an interpretation I have heard much about.

Its called the Revelational view, and was held by Johannes Kurz, PJ Wiseman and Bernard Ramm.

Briefly it holds that the days mentioned in Genesis chapter one are 24hr days but these are not the days of the Divine activity of creation itself. Rather they are "days of Revelation", in which God revealed His works of creation to man, which, however, assuredly needed vast periods of time. During the six days of twenty four hours God showed man what He had brought to pass in the course of the geological periods.

Augustine expressed a similiar, but not identical view, when he suggested that the six days were six pictures, in which God allowed the angels to see His works.

Any thoughts on this.
All matters of Time are relative: Those that are relative to God are told as He wishes. He states the days of a mans life to be one thing for a time, and then sets them to be something different, as He pleases. Likewise a day with the Lord is as a thousand years, and a thousand years a day. With men, Time is relative also: For the man who refers to God, it is what God says. To the man who refers to science, it is what science says. Yet, Time is relative and therefore, none is accurate. God is timeless and His creation only includes what even science will tell you is an illusion of Time.

The answers pertaining to Time, being the mere illusion they are, is not what is important that God means to present by the unfolding of history...history, is His story...and He is timeless. Time, therefore, is simply a medium "created" for the purpose of telling His story. It is the story that is important, nothing more...certainly not Time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
There's nothing relevant in the repeated post. Nothing. You took Strong's entry on "yowm" and then a little bit of speculation. What's there to respond to?

My concise view of what yowm actually means in Genesis:

God has but 7 Days (Yowm-periods of time) and we currently live at the end of the present 6th Day, and the 7th Day is Eternity. Amen?

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My concise view of what yowm actually means in Genesis:

God has but 7 Days (Yowm-periods of time) and we currently live at the end of the present 6th Day, and the 7th Day is Eternity. Amen?

I think it probably just means a 16-hour day and was intended as a basis for the Commandment to rest on the Sabbath, as in Exodus and Deuteronomy. The particulars of creation on the various days was arranged to fit the model Papias (the poster, not the Church Father) mentioned, and many of the elements were pointedly moved away from either end as a criticism of the theologies of various pagan religions.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
I think it probably just means a 16-hour day and was intended as a basis for the Commandment to rest on the Sabbath, as in Exodus and Deuteronomy. The particulars of creation on the various days was arranged to fit the model Papias (the poster, not the Church Father) mentioned, and many of the elements were pointedly moved away from either end as a criticism of the theologies of various pagan religions.

Do you also think that God has already rested from ALL of His work of creating as Genesis 2:2 and 3 repeat?

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from ALL His work which He had made. Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from ALL His work which God created and made.

If God has already rested from ALL of His work of creating, then HOW can one be born again Spiritually today? Gen 1:26 and John 14:16

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you also think that God has already rested from ALL of His work of creating as Genesis 2:2 and 3 repeat?

Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had made; and He rested on the seventh day from ALL His work which He had made. Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from ALL His work which God created and made.

If God has already rested from ALL of His work of creating, then HOW can one be born again Spiritually today? Gen 1:26 and John 14:16

His rest is an example for us. Again, that's what the Commandment underscores. It in no way forbids Him from creating again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

His rest is an example for us. Again, that's what the Commandment underscores. It in no way forbids Him from creating again.

There is another explanation and that is that God wrote the entire History of His seven Day Creation in the first 34 verses of Genesis. Only God could see the end of His Creation from the beginning.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure:

Amen?

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There is another explanation and that is that God wrote the entire History of His seven Day Creation in the first 34 verses of Genesis. Only God could see the end of His Creation from the beginning.

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure:

Amen?

As I said, there's nothing that prevents Him from creating, again. Merely, it says that He ended the things mentioned in the previous verses.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
As I said, there's nothing that prevents Him from creating, again. Merely, it says that He ended the things mentioned in the previous verses.

The things mentioned previously have NOT happened yet. At NO time in man's history had man had dominion or rule over "every living thing that moveth upon the earth" as Gen 1:28 states. This will NOT happen until Jesus returns to this Planet and changes every creature "wherein there is life" into plant eaters. You can read of this event in Isaiah 11 which shows this:

Isa 11:6The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling (well fed) together; and a little child shall lead them. Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Amen?

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The things mentioned previously have NOT happened yet. At NO time in man's history had man had dominion or rule over "every living thing that moveth upon the earth" as Gen 1:28 states. This will NOT happen until Jesus returns to this Planet and changes every creature "wherein there is life" into plant eaters. You can read of this event in Isaiah 11 which shows this:

Isa 11:6The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling (well fed) together; and a little child shall lead them. Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Amen?

That was the implication of the garden -- Adam and Eve had dominion over creation. Talk of the future dominion of Christ uses language that is intended to hearken back to the garden. The hearer is supposed to understand the work of Christ as a reversal of the curse.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
That was the implication of the garden -- Adam and Eve had dominion over creation. Talk of the future dominion of Christ uses language that is intended to hearken back to the garden. The hearer is supposed to understand the work of Christ as a reversal of the curse.

Not so, UNLESS you can show us that Adam had dominion or rule over Angels, (including Lucifer) which are living creatures that moveth. Amen?

1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not so, UNLESS you can show us that Adam had dominion or rule over Angels, (including Lucifer) which are living creatures that moveth. Amen?

1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels?

Angels don't "move upon the Earth."

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure they do. Here are examples:

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

Heb 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Gen 19:1 ¶ And there came two angels to Sodom at even;

and Gen 16:11 Gen 22:11 Exo 3:2 Num 22:27 Jdg 2:4 Jdg 6:12 etc. etc.

Try again?

No, my comment still stands. I don't know if you know the context for the Job passage, but it takes place in Heaven. Angels come down from time to time, but this is not their domain.

Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
No, my comment still stands. I don't know if you know the context for the Job passage, but it takes place in Heaven. Angels come down from time to time, but this is not their domain.

True IF you are speaking of the angels in Heaven but not these:

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Also, since the Devil was cast out into the Earth, HOW could he get to Heaven? Amen?

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True IF you are speaking of the angels in Heaven but not these:

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Also, since the Devil was cast out into the Earth, HOW could he get to Heaven? Amen?

You're asking how he got into Heaven in Job? I presume, if we're supposed to take it literally, God allowed him in.

Upvote 0