• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Addicted To My Computer

Alex Crewe

Sep 28, 2012
✟8,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every evening when i get home, i go into my room and switch on my laptop. I am on it for 4-5 hours non-stop. I have a pile of books waiting to be read and dvds waiting to be watched as i just don't have any time left after being on the computer.
I just can't seem to drag myself away from the screen. Any advice would be welcome.

Alex Crewe

Sep 28, 2012
✟8,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't have any good advice - I know I spend far too much time on the computer too!
Praying that you will find a way to cut down on the computer use and find other ways to enjoy yourself.
Thanks for taking the time to answer anyway. :thumbsup: I'm so addicted i even think about what i'm gonna do on the computer while i'm out.

Upvote 0

iandelano

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
✟7,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are not alone, I think that situation is very common nowadays. We have our reason why we are like addicted to computer, to play computer game, visiting social networking sites or doing some research. It is way better than being addicted to bad habits or drugs, though we are also sacrificing our health also especially our eyes.

Upvote 0