• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A thread just for Jo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Im not hurting honestly. :( Im fine really.

Oh yeah right. I'll buy that for a dollar.

Miss Jo it's okay to hurt. Are you scared about your interview? It sounds fairly scary to have to answer questions about your past--I'm not sure I'd be cool about that. You know what's funny though? Those who are "offering" the help rarely if ever think that THEY wouldn't answer questions like that about their own past. :p Oh well, sometimes a person just has to be brave and do what they have to do.

I have a question for you. What do you mean when you say, "I've gone again"? Do you mean like "I was offline for a couple days"? Or is that a way of saying you aren't doing so well?

I personally have been very achy lately. I broke my back when I was very young and you know--it was never right after that. It's sort of like a toothache all the time in my back. In addition I have arthritis and most of the time I do okay but WHEW it has been hurting the last two days. There is no position that is comfortable and I HATE pain pills so I try to just do what I can and endure it.

Isn't that what it's like for you a little too? An ache all the time but you just do what you can and try to endure it?

(((((Jo))))) Thinking of you!

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh yeah right. I'll buy that for a dollar.

Miss Jo it's okay to hurt. Are you scared about your interview? It sounds fairly scary to have to answer questions about your past--I'm not sure I'd be cool about that. You know what's funny though? Those who are "offering" the help rarely if ever think that THEY wouldn't answer questions like that about their own past. :p Oh well, sometimes a person just has to be brave and do what they have to do.

I have a question for you. What do you mean when you say, "I've gone again"? Do you mean like "I was offline for a couple days"? Or is that a way of saying you aren't doing so well?

I personally have been very achy lately. I broke my back when I was very young and you know--it was never right after that. It's sort of like a toothache all the time in my back. In addition I have arthritis and most of the time I do okay but WHEW it has been hurting the last two days. There is no position that is comfortable and I HATE pain pills so I try to just do what I can and endure it.

Isn't that what it's like for you a little too? An ache all the time but you just do what you can and try to endure it?

(((((Jo))))) Thinking of you!
hi faithfulwife it meant i wasnt doing so well:( Ive been in contact with the samaritans last couple of days cos things have been so bad:(
Im really scared about Wednesday I cant believe its come up so quickly.
Also if I really tell them how I feel mayb they would section me:( Ive just got all this stuff in my mind at the moment. :(
Please keep us in your prayers. Thanks:hug:I will pray for you too:hug: sorry your suffering dear sis:( :hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You know what Jo? Oh! ^_^ Heehee--sorry! I forgot to say "hello" :hug: Hi, Jo!

Anyway, you know what Jo? It dawns on me that you have about a million things going on it your life right now that are REALLY stressful. I mean REALLY, REALLY stressful!! Like you are the caretaker for your dad who is slowly having some dementia. Like your dear hubby had to sell his delivery truck and do a different job that leaves you alone. Like you just lost your counselor. Like the holidays won't be financially stunning this year (and just so you know, that's true for SO many people this year). All that stuff can make a person just sick inside and have a lot of feelings including sometimes a little bitterness. But some folks think that feeling "bitter" isn't a very Christian feeling so they pretend they don't feel that way--but lovely one, an emotion is just an emotion!

Anyway, I was thinking? Do you want to talk?

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi faithfulwife:hug:yes things are pretty hard.:(
I didnt sleep very well at all last night, it took me absolute ages to get sleep:( I didnt think I was going to get any at all.:(
I spoke to the samaritans yesterday again thats 3 days in a running, cos Ive not been doing well:(
god bless u:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Things seem to be going from bad to worse:(:(

Hey Sweetie--I see you got your referral to get some more counseling and I thought that was :D ... but then I see things going from bad to worse. What happened lovely? Want to PM me and tell me about it instead of out her in public? :hug: That's cool.

I was wondering if you could do me a favor Jo? I need your prayers and maybe some advice because I was thinking about something and thought immediately that you'd maybe have an idea for me. I have someone in my life whom I love who periodically gets some depression and anxiety, and here's the part I don't know what to do: I have read some about depression and anxiety but this is someone I love! I wish I could do something or help or "fix it" and instead I feel helpless. Would you please tell me ANY wisdom or suggestions you would have? On the occasion you experience something like this so what do you really, deeply wish in your heart of hearts your spouse would do that would really be helpful when you feel that way? I never know if I should just leave the person alone (not bug 'em) or check on them to show interest or be ALL INTERESTED. Should I suggest things to do and ideas? Or just let them have some space? If you had a magic wand, what would you wish?

Thanks for your help--and by the way just so we're clear I do indeed love you but this isn't you. I actually have someone near and dear to me and I'm not sure if I'm being more harm than good. And dear one, I thought of you and our friendship and was hoping maybe you'd be willing to help me and give me some clues....

I love you every day!

~Faithful

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone:hug: for prayers and encouragement. sent u a pm faithfulwife:hug:
I have couple of good days when I feel bright and dont even think I suffer from depression then I go low again:( Todays been a bit difficult.:(
Anyway I dont want to be depressed over hols. I have broke up now for 2 weeks from work. Trying to keep busy...
Still waiting to get an assesment done for dad regarding getting carers in. Hopefully someone can come and see him, before they break up for Christmas either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why do I feel so guilty and bad?:(:(

I don't know sweety. I can't think of anything you'd have to feel guilty or bad about. I know I feel guilty when for one of two reasons: 1) if I have done something that I know I shouldn't do and I did it anyway because I'm stubborn as can be, or 2) if I am making myself responsible for someone else's feelings or something and it's really their choice but I'm taking the burden.

I do this a lot with my dear hubby. I very much want him to be happy and sometimes when he isn't I feel like it's my fault--when really it's his choice to choose happiness or sadness.

Lovely I'll be blunt. This is not the world's most financially abundant year for us....BUT as always the Lord has provided us with many things that have made this Holiday Season a blessing. We got snow for the first time in decades. We have the whole family together and we get to see our extended family tomorrow. We do have enough to get everyone a few presents (nothing extravagant but something :) ). And we have a warm home, Christmas movies, a pretty tree, lights, and plenty to eat. In fact, dear hubby planned very well this month and we are having a feast for Christmas eve and Christmas dinner! So rich or poor--it's not my choice is it? I'm responsible for how I feel and dear hubby is responsible for how he feels.

Do you do that too? Or do you think maybe you feel guilty or bad for other reasons that are sort of like mine but not exactly the same?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.