• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A thread just for Jo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh I had the best idea! You know how we have the thread about "post here when you feel like cutting"? I was reading on that thread tonight and I thought, "Why wait until you feel like cutting? Why not tell us about a day and why not catch it BEFORE you feel like cutting? Or while you are thinking about it? Or on just a day? Why not just have a special thread for every day...all the time?"

So I'm starting with Jo. Now I happened to randomly pick her, and if you want a thread of YOUR very own I'd be happy to start one for you. But this is JO'S thread! She can write here EVERY DAY because we care about her EVERY DAY not just on cutting days. We want to hear about any day that she has a good day, a bad day, or just a medium day!

Jo--this one's for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I'm going to start Jo's thread by saying :wave: Hi Jo! I'm thinking about you today and wondering how you are. May I give you a hug? :hug: Can I show you this smilie: :tutu: heehee -- that one always makes me laugh.

I had a busy day today. I had a lot of customers and had to type all day. Then I had homework and now my head feels tired. Then I came here to CF to see how all my friends are doing and check on people and pray and say "hi :wave: " and stuff. :)

What was your day like? What did you do?

Love you, Jo!

~Faithful

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi thankyou so much for the thread faithfulwife:hug: I dont know what to really say:cry:bless u.
Today im a bit brighter yesterday awful so posted here:(:( went to work as usual and got out to see a friend this afternoon. Im still grieving my nan dying which happened at the end of August very suddenly. I was talking about it to my friend and I just felt my eyes full of tears again:(:( I think about her everyday. So im feeling sad.. :(

Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
WHITEROSES1.gif

Hey Jo! Thanks for writing back! Yay! I'm so sorrow to hear about your Nan. Do you want to tell me about her? Was she born in the U.S.? Did she have a lot of kids? What is your favorite memory of her?

I think I kind of know how you feel a little bit in that I recently had a friend die too. He was a young man who was a soldier, so it's very different circumstances, yet that feeling of loss and missing them is something that periodically still sneaks up on me and fills my eyes with tears.

I'm glad you got to go to work and get out and see a friend though! That's REALLY good, a) because friends are good :D and b) because getting out is good. So I'm happy to hear about that. I myself am going to class tonight with my dear hubby. We are attending college classes together, so now we tease each other and say we're college sweethearts. :blush:

So how's your evening?

~Faithful

Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jo--not a good idea--don't.

Instead think about all the progress you have already made. You have already come a long way--don't negate all that hard work.

You don't have to have a counselor to get well. It's true that having one helps, but that doesn't mean you can't learn to do what the counselor did for you yourself. You can. You can learn to help yourself. This is possible.

You can get well. You are getting closer all the time.

I am praying for you.

(((hug)))

Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey Jo~

I don't mean to be a dummy but why is your counseling ending? Is it because of insurance? Or is it because you've reached the end of a series/class or whatever it is? Or is it because your counselor thinks you don't need it?

I don't know how it works in the U.K. but here in the U.S. there are counselors who get paid by insurance and have their own offices--but there are also counselors who work for the county and you can get "sliding scale" which is like you need it and they consider what your income is and charge based on that.

There are sometimes also books and pastors and friends that can help!! I know we aren't counselors but we are all here and ready to at least talk to you.

My day was okayish. I work 40+ hours a week and go to college and work here, so I am ALWAYS working--but tonight I took some time off to play with my dear hubby a game that we both play.

Well I miss ya!! I was thinking about you all day :pray: hoping someone would tell you how pretty you looked or thank you or how much they appreciated you. :hug:

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi everyone:hug:
thanks for your question faithfulwife I cant get any more counselling via docs after next week, used all my sessions. I went back to the docs but couldnt really help me:(
So im stuck really, part from paying for it, which I cant afford to do. :( Why is everything about money these days. :(
The thought of this has also been triggering depression off again..:(:(
I didnt post here yesterday had a good day.
Todays not so good:( This morning ok, feeling bright at work. Feeling low now, so posting again:(
My elderly father has been ringing constantly this afternoon, bless him I know he cant help it. But im NOT COPING with it at the moment. :( So im finding it very hard. This is helping triggering it. Making myself hurt. :(:(
In my way again. !:(:(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You know, there are times when I feel the same way! Here at my house we have seven kids and two parents, and of the seven, four are moved out of the house (4 down...3 to go). :p But at times it feels like no matter how hard I work there are always things we can't afford--things that we really need!! I have to admit--it can feel discouraging, but I personally do try to see the things we have and I guess I think it's just G-d's way of telling me to wait.

It sounds to me like you really enjoy your work. What do you do for a living? Do you like it because it keeps you busy and keeps your mind working? I have a very unusual job that I very much enjoy. I work at home on the internet as a personal shopper! Basically I log in, people come to me on our special designer chat line, and they hire me to help them find an item or place an order for them. Weird, hey? I learned all about fashion when I learned how to sew, and also I think of some of the designers as a bit artistic so I find it interesting. You should see the laughs I get when I tell people I shop for a living!

I used to be an administrator for the Republican Party in our state. Now, I'm no political person, but my job was financial stuff, reporting the federal and state contribution reports, and managing the office. It was a great job with a beautiful office with a window :D but I like being at home so much better. My dear hubby has Chronic Fatigue so I like to be home for him.

So what is it about your job that makes you feel bright? That is such a neat way of putting that!

:hug: Good morning Jo--well it's morning for me and I woke up, poured my coffee, and came here to give you a hug! I'm thinking of you today. :)

Upvote 0

EbonNelumbo

Hope is a waking dream-Aristotle
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2004
Oregon City, Oregon
Visit site
✟33,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Oh Jo :hug: Huggles to you in great proportions.

My sessions have limits as set by my insurance. My doctor is too, I think that is what yours is doing, trying to even it out, but there's only so much a family doc can do.

I am going to be running out of sessions soon too, and then if I want to continue it's $95 an hour, which no mother I know with an eight month old can afford on our budget.

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone:hug:
I enjoy my work at a special needs school cos I guess I like working with the children there, they are so sweet:) I guess it gives me a purpose too.
My days been mixed today, its usually like that anyway. down in morning:( venting on depression again, down about lack of counselling help etc. :( that makes me feel horrible.
Went out with my husband this afternoon, im doing a bit of art at the moment, some glass painting for a friend, for christmas present for her husband. She said she will give me something for it too, which is nice. Ive always wanted to be able to sell my work. Since being at art college when I was younger. I havent done any for ages, which is nice to get back into.
I also made a birthday card for my friend, Annie her birthday is next Monday. I drew an elephant, she likes elephants. Hope she will like it.
Im tired now so winding down.:( but its ok.

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh Jo :hug: Huggles to you in great proportions.

My sessions have limits as set by my insurance. My doctor is too, I think that is what yours is doing, trying to even it out, but there's only so much a family doc can do.

I am going to be running out of sessions soon too, and then if I want to continue it's $95 an hour, which no mother I know with an eight month old can afford on our budget.
bless u:hug: :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here's what I've always wondered. I hear over and over and over again of people who really seriously need sessions. Jo, Hallee-- I love ya and I bet you have some thing of value that you could trade or use or do in exchange for sessions (like your art Jo as an example). Why don't people do that? I mean, I know college is expensive but there has GOT to be some way to do this! :mad:

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi everyone.:hug: Posting what my day is like today.
Ive had a mixed day, quite usual for me:( Feeling down about my church situation, at the moment. Perhaps I just expect too much:( Thats a hard thing. I dont want to go into it on here.. But im feeling pretty hurt, about stuff.:(
I enjoyed work today.
This afternoon, managed to do some glass painting and went for a walk.
Last counselling session tomorrow:( I dont know what they expect people to do, really. Probably expect people just to pull their socks up and get on with it, that makes me feel angry.:mad::( I shall tell my counseller how i feel tomorrow. Like im not ready to stop, at all, but its not her fault.
So what now, may I ask..:(

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I went to my counselling yesterday and the message got through I need more Help! As I said something that concerned her, that it is only when you go and do something people realise you need help.
She said she will refer me via my doctors as ive been so low, for an assesment. Please pray that it wont take long for this appointment. It will be at a mental health place here.
I was certainly NOT COPING with counselling ending so soon, and was triggering me off a lot:(:(
Todays been ok, been to work etc and done some glass painting. Feel extremly tired though woke up like it:( Thought I wasnt going to make work cos how I felt first thing I thought I might have to ring in sick.
Anyway, im probably still recovering from my very bad day yesterday.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.