• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A thread just for Jo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You know, this is just my humble opinion--I believe that people are not "owed" counseling but why should you have to threaten to do something just to get it? That does not seem right. Like you going to your counselor and saying OVER and OVER again "I am not dealing with this well! I need more! I'm not kidding I mean it!" doesn't get the help, but threatening to do something does.

What that says to me is "Hey--lie about how sick you are and we'll get the help you need, but if you just TELL us over and over again, we won't listen!" :mad:

Anyway, Jo :hug: I'm proud of you for doing what you had to do to get yourself the help you need. I just wish people would listen to you in caring instead! Do you have any plans for the weekend? I do but I'll tell you about them tomorrow so you can have something to look forward to!

I'm thinking of you dear Jo, every day! :hug:

Upvote 0

tartanarmy

I WILL NOT HATE.
Oct 16, 2008
Michigan
✟16,364.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey Jo,
I'm new to this forum but if I can help I would like to. I haven't cut in 2 years. My arm looks like a battlefield. I head a support group for people who cut. I'm not a couselor but I have experience. email me ANYTIME you feel like cutting.

Yes, keep trying to get a counselor. Cutting is an addiction like anything else. Its still a way of self-medicating and easing pain. Just like the ex-drug user has a better chance of staying clean if they go to meetings, a counselor etc,we have to be taught a new way to live and sometimes we just don't have the tools. But its not the end of the world if you cant get one for a wile. There are obviously people who care about you and want to help.

Prayers

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟22,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hi everyone, havent been on here for a week. Been looking after my friends dog at her house. Certainly beats bein at home. Ive found it more relaxing too. Ive missed being around here too.
Mostly been ok, went low Monday night :(was going to post here, but i didnt. The question is can I go through a whole week without going low?:( I havent managed it yet since beginning of year. :( Though I think I did have 1 week inbetween having my birthday.
Ive been doing some art this week, as i have been on holiday from work, so im pleased making some progress there, i need to when im feeling better.

Reactions: Ariel
Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟22,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey Jo,
I'm new to this forum but if I can help I would like to. I haven't cut in 2 years. My arm looks like a battlefield. I head a support group for people who cut. I'm not a couselor but I have experience. email me ANYTIME you feel like cutting.

Yes, keep trying to get a counselor. Cutting is an addiction like anything else. Its still a way of self-medicating and easing pain. Just like the ex-drug user has a better chance of staying clean if they go to meetings, a counselor etc,we have to be taught a new way to live and sometimes we just don't have the tools. But its not the end of the world if you cant get one for a wile. There are obviously people who care about you and want to help.

Prayers
Thankyou :hug:apreciate that. :hug:

Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey Jo--I was just thinking of you today so how about a nice picture that reminds me of you:

Pink_Flower.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟22,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone havent posted here for a bit.
Ive had a pretty awful week really.:(:(:cry:
Been so up and down.:(posting down here:(:(
Been stressed about dad, we went to docs this week, and the docs said it sounds like my dad has dementia, which is really, really hard to deal with.
(Am posting more about that in depression forum on my post on "life")
Had an assesment for beauvement counselling too. As I guess Im still grieving my nan who died about 2 months ago:( So ive been sad, and crying about that.
Everythings just com on top of me, that alone coping, or NOT coping with life. :(:(

Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying-1-1.jpg

Dear Jo~

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad possibly having dementia and the passing of your gramma. Would you like to tell me about her? What was her name? What is your favorite memory of her?

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you, just like I do every day.

~Faithful

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.