• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A thread just for Jo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its been a bit of a better day generally. But ive been getting down again, Ive not really talked to anyone recently or seen anyone. :( :(
Ive felt so down that I havent even been able to tell my husband wots going on. I txted a friend tonight she's in pain and I think I put my foot in it big time:( I just said the wrong thing:( oh well. I guess Im just feeling lonely. :( Oh if I could just open up.:( Ive got an appointment for my assesment with counselling on Thursday which I will have to change the time its about midday. Im hoping they can give me a later time. I certainly need the help right now. Things are tough. :(

Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:hug: Hi Jo! :hug:

I'm sorry to hear you "put your foot in it" with your friend. Hon, we are all human and we all have bad days and say the wrong thing at the wrong time and then come to our senses later. Why don't you just humbly admit your mistake and ask her to forgive you? Trust me, if she's anything like me she'll remember all the mistakes SHE'S made and be glad to give a good friend another chance.

You said you can't tell your dear hubby what's going on and that you wish you could just open up. What do you mean? Do you wish you could talk to him more and have him understand? You know I have the best dear hubby in the world right? Well one thing I've learned about men is that they do NOT tend to understand that whole "be supportive and understanding" thing even if you stand right there in front of him and ask him for it! :p Men are just men dear and that's why G-d gives you lady friends who love you and who DO understand. Maybe you can think of one bit to tell him or one sentence to get the conversation started... We can brainstorm here if you'd like to try.

Also you know what? Remember how I said I have the world's best dear hubby? Yeah--even we hit sort of rough patches, so don't worry, lovely one. It's not easy to talk to our hubby's about "hard stuff" but sometimes we just have to do it.

I love you! Write back when you have a minute okay? :hug: again!

~Faithful

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug: Hi Jo! :hug:

I'm sorry to hear you "put your foot in it" with your friend. Hon, we are all human and we all have bad days and say the wrong thing at the wrong time and then come to our senses later. Why don't you just humbly admit your mistake and ask her to forgive you? Trust me, if she's anything like me she'll remember all the mistakes SHE'S made and be glad to give a good friend another chance.

You said you can't tell your dear hubby what's going on and that you wish you could just open up. What do you mean? Do you wish you could talk to him more and have him understand? You know I have the best dear hubby in the world right? Well one thing I've learned about men is that they do NOT tend to understand that whole "be supportive and understanding" thing even if you stand right there in front of him and ask him for it! :p Men are just men dear and that's why G-d gives you lady friends who love you and who DO understand. Maybe you can think of one bit to tell him or one sentence to get the conversation started... We can brainstorm here if you'd like to try.

Also you know what? Remember how I said I have the world's best dear hubby? Yeah--even we hit sort of rough patches, so don't worry, lovely one. It's not easy to talk to our hubby's about "hard stuff" but sometimes we just have to do it.

I love you! Write back when you have a minute okay? :hug: again!

~Faithful
Hi faithfulwife hope your ok. :hug:Ive missed seeing you around so its nice to hear from you. Yes I did put my foot in where my friends concerned.
I didnt realise but my friend Annie went into hospital on Saturday:(
She has either a prolapsed disc in back or a trapped nerve she has been in considerable pain which they are trying to control.:( We visited her yesterday in hospital. She is due to have an MRI scan might b today to see what problem is. I felt bad because I had txted her and said I wasnt doing well.:( Which I wodnt even bothered mention if I had known. I was feeling lonely I guess.. :(:(
Anyway concerning not talking to hubby I just havent been talking to him emotionally what ive been going through. Like the other day I was feeling very low and suicidal like and I codnt tell him:( I still havent to be honest I know thats bad. I did talk to samaritans on Monday night.
Im finding it very difficult to open up to people locally here, and I dont know who too either.
Anyway God bless u Cindy hope everythings ok with u. I apreciate your comments. Love u Joxxx:hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A few things have happened recently.
Friday I decided to go docs after long struggle about whether to go on anti-depressants.:( Long story.. anyway I was put on Prozac.
Is this wot happens when you dont cope with life you end up doing this:(
In afternoon I went to my counselling assesment which went well as well as it could go. She seemed really nice her name is Jackie and she is a Christian too though its not christian counselling.
Today Ive had a really hard day:( Two ladies came round to see dad from hospital. Dad didnt do very well at all when they asked him questions. Its really down hill from here:(:cry: I dont want to deal with this, but basically we may be looking at care home now. Lady coming round to do assesment tomorrow to get carers in which will be short term I think. The decision is up to me though in the end whether he should go in home or not this is very difficult:( To be honest I dont want to deal with this right at this moment. I spoke to friend tonight with tears in my eyes..:(:(

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its been kind of a difficult day:( I took the day off work. Dad was due to go to respite tonight, unfortuanetly he would not come.:( No matter how much we tried to persuade him. Lady from care management team came aswell.
We will try again tomorrow. It is a hard thing for him and us to do but I know Gods in this. God is helping me by helping me smile which is reducing stress. Praise Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
:hug: Dear Jo! :hug:

I know this is REALLY hard for you and probably/possibly scary for your dad. I remember when my Gramma got sick and we had to take Gramma and Grampa to care. Gramma was ill so she wanted to go so she could get well, but Grampa has dementia and fought us. I mean he FOUGHT with us! Once he got there and got a little settled though, he decided he was staying at a hotel and "the ladies brought him room service every day" Even though it wasn't true we decided not to correct him because he was happy...and he lived out the rest of his days not knowing who we were but thinking he was living in a fancy hotel and they were waiting on him, and happy. We thought it would be best to let him be happy, and he'll remember us when we see him again in heaven. It was just a temporary time when his mind didn't remember us, so that's 87 years of being a great dad and grampa, a couple of forgetting, and then an eternity together.

:hug: Dear lovely one :hug: the stress on you has GOT to be huge, so bear in mind that you can not take care of him if you don't take care of you too. So some EXTRA care of you, dear one. Take a relaxing bubble bath. Take quiet time and sip herbal tea. If you can, take a little nap to start to catch up on your sleep.

Okay sweetie? We love you and G-d is right there with you to help you with this.

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
awww thanku faithfulwife:hug:bless u. Hope your doin ok. Well we did it dad is in respite now. I cant believe how quick this has happened.
The place seemed ok he will have his own room and ensuite shower and there is a lounge where he can watch tv etc. We didnt stay long because he started talking about going. Hes doing ok. I think this was one of the hardest thing Ive had to do. But God has been so good, really.
It will take me a while to re-adjust myself. We will have to look at some care homes now praying he will get in best one.

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Been up and down as usual. :( Real bad day Monday thought I was going to end up in hospital the night before wasnt a lot better.:(
Im off sick from work now for 2 weeks with depression.:( I was upset on Monday and nurse told me to go home.
Im just trying to get used to idea dad not living at home anymore.
I mean hes doing well and that, but things are not going to be the same. Its not easy. :(

Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟63,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
encourageeachother.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well last night was hard. I ended up sleeping a lot on sofa:(I felt so disheartend after my counselling session. I dont know how I can change.:(
Todays not been much better at all.:( Feeling so down:( I cried a bit this morning. I managed to get to visit dad in respite. Unfortunately he wasnt having a good day. He was in bed at 11.00am when i got there. When he did get up all he could talk about was me going home. :( It wasnt his fault. He was just so confused.:( It made me realise today how he needs more help now. Beginning to look at care homes, praying we can find the best one for him where he will be happy. I just want him to be happy hes had such a hard life. :(

Upvote 0

Jo1

Veteran
Nov 10, 2006
✟15,317.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Havent wrote on here for a while.
I went back to work I was off for 5 weeks in total including hols. I was ready to go back though.
Im still tryin to get used to dad being in care home:( But i guess will take a while.
Still seein my counseller. I have started a positive book.
Been battling with anxiety and fear at times too.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.