Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If the males who voted for DT are sexist, what does that make the women who voted for HC?

As a white heterosexual male I can be labelled bigoted, sexist, homophobic, etc ... and that's all ok?
That depends on the reasons why they voted. On whether the votes were gender-motivated or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That depends on the reasons why they voted. Om whether the votes were gender-motivated or not.
HC's campaign made much of shattering the glass ceiling ... so she made gender an issue expecting people would respond by voting for her because she was a woman ... and I suppose many did. And yet this preference based on female gender does not have a name, while males who voted for Trump are called chauvinistic in this thread. Funny that!

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
HC's campaign made much of shattering the glass ceiling ... so she made gender an issue expecting people would respond by voting for her because she was a woman ... and I suppose many did. And yet this preference based on female gender does not have a name, while males who voted for Trump are called chauvinistic in this thread. Funny that!
Perhaps it has to do with the historical fact that women have been socially discriminated by men and men never suffered such political and social discrimination at the hands of women? It isn't too long ago that women were paid less for the same work just because they were women and were considered ineligible to vote.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps it has to do with the historical fact that women have been socially discriminated by men and men never suffered such political and social discrimination at the hands of women? It isn't too long ago that women were paid less for the same work just because they were women and were considered ineligible to vote.
I am old enough to remember when women were placed on a pedestal. I think it's strange that today what is called discrimination was once called respect. A man's whole life was dedicated to working to provide for his wife & family, to shielding them from all harm, and bearing the responsibility.

Now that we are well and truly into identity politics, perhaps it is time the white heterosexual male became a protected category :)

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I am old enough to remember when women were placed on a pedestal. I think it's strange that today what is called discrimination was once called respect. A man's whole life was dedicated to working to provide for his wife & family, to shielding them from all harm, and bearing the responsibility.

Now that we are well and truly into identity politics, perhaps it is time the white heterosexual male became a protected category :)

Well, women want to fulfill dreams too. I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I thought I was it was a large number of women who got Trump into office. Personally I didn't care about her sex at all, I just don't like her as a candidate. I know of myself and several women who voted for Trump, but sexism didn't factor into it at all.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, women want to fulfill dreams too. I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to

They can, but to vote someone in or give them brownie points for being a woman is bringing sexism into play too, just in the reverse.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I'm old enough to remember that situation as well and how my mom accepted it as natural. I am also nostalgic for the romanticism of the time that you describe and I am male. Women do tend to forget that when the Titanic was sinking, they wee granted the privilege of getting into the lifeboats first along with children. So there definitely was a special social treatment that they happily enjoyed. They tend to also forget that we as men are willing to give up our lives if need be to protect them and that our needs for a certain kind of respect are equally as important and perhaps even far more urgent due to our gender than theirs and that their vehement demands for respect might indeed infringe upon our needs for uniqueness as males.

BTW
That situation doesn't just affect WASMs; it affects all USA males who are part of the USA culture where women's rights has had a profound effect on female mentality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think men are not ready to accept a female president yet

I don't think that has anything to do with why Trump won it. How bout all the women who voted for him...were they not ready to accept a female either?

As a whole I think folks go for who they think will do the best job... black, white, woman or man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Balugon

o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
And they say God is responsible for Trump's election?

Are you concerned that women aren't getting their voices heard enough yet, and assuming that men might have simply been protecting their power, while using God as a cover?

Upvote 0

Saleena

A whole new rage.
Aug 12, 2013
✟6,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Maybe guys just don't want to jump on the first girl that hits them up. Hillary was a terrible candidate who had the arrogance to think she could denounce the third party voters and the worker's vote. Besides that, a large percent of woman voted for Trump too, along with a decent chunk of blacks and Hispanics. So before we claim sexism, maybe we should look at the actual reasons first. Trump, the other dumpster fire he may be, appealed to the working vote. Something the left has not and likely will not survive to try.

Not everything is sexism, or racism or whatever. Left needs to figure that out and start pointing the blame where credit is dude. Hillary and the DNC and the SJW's who have used race baiting, name calling, censorship and derision to silence discussion. Let this be a four year lesson, and hopefully not an 8 year one.

• Agree
Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

OneChristianLight

Jun 26, 2016
Houston, TX
✟15,802.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
And they say God is responsible for Trump's election?

If the majority of men aren't ready for a female president, why did so many conservative men vote for John McCain and Sarah Palin, a woman, in the 2008 presidential election? McCain has obvious health problems, and everyone knows that Sarah Palin had a real shot at becoming president had the Republicans won in 2008 and McCain died while in office, but millions of men still voted for them nonetheless.

You're trying to find bias against women when none exists in the first place.

Reactions: SolomonVII
Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I
If the majority of men aren't ready for a female president, why did so many conservative men vote for John McCain and Sarah Palin, a woman, in the 2008 presidential election? McCain has obvious health problems, and everyone knows that Sarah Palin had a real shot at becoming president had the Republicans won in 2008 and McCain died while in office, but millions of men still voted for them nonetheless.

I'm not trying to find biase against women, Trump's temper tantrums made Hillary look like the lesser evil, she's also more qualified and experienced. Even Hillary said she lost because of her gender. I just had an unsettling feeling she lost because she's female.

Reading through all the posts on this thread has made me change my views a bit though

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ironic, when you consider the many of the much maligned-for-their-chauvinism majority Muslim countries have been electing female heads of state for years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I know several Republicans who didn't vote for McCain for that precise reason, i.e. fear of Palin slithering into the White House over his dead body.

Indeed, there is a theory that the selection of Palin as running mate was to throw the election intentionally, while still appearing to contest it. I'm not saying that's what happened, but there's a certain logic to it.

Upvote 0

OneChristianLight

Jun 26, 2016
Houston, TX
✟15,802.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I

I'm not trying to find biase against women, Trump's temper tantrums made Hillary look like the lesser evil, she's also more qualified and experienced. Even Hillary said she lost because of her gender. I just had an unsettling feeling she lost because she's female.

Reading through all the posts on this thread has made me change my views a bit though

It's understandable that you're trying to find reasons why Hillary lost because her opponent seems unpredictable, prone to temper tantrums, and has ultra conservative views on subjects like immigration which are arguably out of touch with mainstream conservatism. But consider this. In the election, Donald Trump received 62.2 million votes and Hillary Clinton got 64.1 million votes. This means Hillary should have won because she accumulated the majority of votes, but Trump won because of the electoral college system which gives more "points" to rural voters, who are generally conservative.

If you're looking for one specific reason to understand why Hillary didn't win, blame the electoral college system.

Upvote 0

OneChristianLight

Jun 26, 2016
Houston, TX
✟15,802.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I know several Republicans who didn't vote for McCain for that precise reason, i.e. fear of Palin slithering into the White House over his dead body.

Indeed, there is a theory that the selection of Palin as running mate was to throw the election intentionally, while still appearing to contest it. I'm not saying that's what happened, but there's a certain logic to it.

If so many conservatives refused to vote for McCain in the 2008 presidential election because his would-be vice president was a woman, why did he receive almost 60 million votes? That number is typical for any presidential candidate in a US election.

For the record, I didn't vote for McCain in 2008 (in fact, I didn't participate in the election that year) because of his ultra hawkish foreign policy. Had he won, I feared he would have declared war on Iran and possibly Russia. I abstained from voting not because McCain's VP pick was a woman, but because he is a trigger-happy sociopath who could have started WWIII.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,484,642.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since Trump was elected I have come across an intensified bigotry displayed in USA society. I was at a Quaker meeting just now and was indirectly via unnecessary mentioning of ethnic negatives and other insults designed to make me feel out of place that I was forced to leave. That had never happened before Trump. Some of the phrases that the Quaker Anglo cunningly deployed were right out of the Trump repertoire.

I guess I'm surprised at that from a Quaker meeting, but your point is correct.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If so many conservatives refused to vote for McCain in the 2008 presidential election because his would-be vice president was a woman, why did he receive almost 60 million votes? That number is typical for any presidential candidate in a US election.
I don't know how many didn't vote for him for that reason. I said "I know several", in this case, 5, Republicans who didn't vote for him for that reason
For the record, I didn't vote for McCain in 2008 (in fact, I didn't participate in the election that year) because of his ultra hawkish foreign policy. Had he won, I feared he would have declared war on Iran and possibly Russia. I abstained from voting not because McCain's VP pick was a woman, but because he is a trigger-happy sociopath who could have started WWIII.
Well that's ironic, considering who we've got now.

IMHO, McCain was the last credible candidate the Republicans have run. But that's me.

Upvote 0