✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Of course, what other reason could there possibly be?! :doh:
No, there are other factors as well. Her irresponsible use of email as Secretary of State, and her strong, seemingly-inflexible, pro abortion stand, are also factors.

Upvote 0

brightlights

A sinner
Jul 31, 2004
USA
✟28,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, I guess. Poor Hillary

Or maybe...just maybe...people didn't want Hillary - whether or not she was a woman. And maybe...just maybe...people voted Trump because of the policies he represents.

Or maybe a thousand other complicated factors.

Or maybe you're right. Maybe it's really all about the fact that the democratic candidate was a woman. We'll elect women to every other office in this country except POTUS because America is that sexist. (sarcasm)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Or maybe. Just maybe. People didn't want Hillary - whether or not she was a woman. And maybe. Just maybe. People voted Trump because of the policies he represents.

Or maybe you're right. Maybe it's really all about the fact that the democratic candidate was a woman. We'll elect women to every other office in this country except POTUS because America is that sexist.

Yeah. I remember people saying that about electing an African-American to President.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Or maybe. Just maybe. People didn't want Hillary - whether or not she was a woman. And maybe. Just maybe. People voted Trump because of the policies he represents.

Or maybe you're right. Maybe it's really all about the fact that the democratic candidate was a woman. We'll elect women to every other office in this country except POTUS because America is that sexist.

It's difficult to accept this but it seems like a fact to me, America is sexist

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The USA was once described as being more macho-inclined than the Latin American countries in terms of electing a woman head of state. Both AAs and Anglo Americas we included as having the same macho propensities. I met an Anglo in college who told another student right to her face that he would NEVER vote for her as a president. That was based just on her gender. I have observed some USA Anglos strongly protesting when a woman is sent as part of the police detachment to arrest them. When Hilary delivered her political speeches, some of the Anglo men in her group on the platform near her appeared to have been sheepishlyly embarrassed about their mere supportive roles. They appeared humiliated. So that's the impression I get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brightlights

A sinner
Jul 31, 2004
USA
✟28,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The USA was once described as being more macho-inclined than the Latin American countries in terms of electing a woman head of state. Both AAs and Anglo Americas we included as having the same macho propensities. I met an Anglo in college who told another student right to her face that he would NEVER vote for her as a president. That was based just on her gender. I have observed some USA Anglos strongly protesting when a woman is sent as part of the police detachment to arrest them. They feel humiliated. So that's the impression I get.

You should temper your impression by the hard data of the exit polls.

Upvote 0

brightlights

A sinner
Jul 31, 2004
USA
✟28,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's difficult to accept this but it seems like a fact to me, America is sexist

If this is the narrative that helps you get to sleep at night then who am I to rob you of this quaint fantasy?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If this is the narrative that helps you get to sleep at night then who am I to rob you of this quaint fantasy?

It's a fact and I've been having nightmares because of it. It's been her dream for years whereas he only ever mentioned it a few months ago.

• Haha
Reactions: brightlights
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brightlights

A sinner
Jul 31, 2004
USA
✟28,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, the thread says that the majority of USA males voted for Trump -right?

I'm not sure if that's all males or white males.

In either case, the majority of white females voted for Trump, too. I don't know about the data on females across the board.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,345,013.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Or maybe...just maybe...people didn't want Hillary - whether or not she was a woman. And maybe...just maybe...people voted Trump because of the policies he represents.

Or maybe you're right. Maybe it's really all about the fact that the democratic candidate was a woman. We'll elect women to every other office in this country except POTUS because America is that sexist. (sarcasm)

For most, it was the policies.

Thanks for stating that.

It's EXACTLY why Trump won.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟913,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
And they say God is responsible for Trump's election?

I think men are not ready to accept a female president yet
I happen to be a female, but I voted for Trump, but guess what it had NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING to do with the fact that Hillary is a woman.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the link.

Are there any stats on former Bernie supporters who were storming the DNC, shouting "Lock her up". etc.?

Or any on who were part of the Demexit?

Do you think these are the factors that worked against her?

Upvote 0