Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,494,869.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's understandable that you're trying to find reasons why Hillary lost because her opponent seems unpredictable, prone to temper tantrums, and has ultra conservative views on subjects like immigration which are arguably out of touch with mainstream conservatism. But consider this. In the election, Donald Trump received 62.2 million votes and Hillary Clinton got 64.1 million votes. This means Hillary should have won because she accumulated the majority of votes, but Trump won because of the electoral college system which gives more "points" to rural voters, who are generally conservative.

If you're looking for one specific reason to understand why Hillary didn't win, blame the electoral college system.

Clinton lost four states by only 1% of what should have been easy Democratic wins. If she had campaigned in those states on the same platform that Obama did (who won those states), she'd have won the election.

Clinton lost the race all by herself. All she had to do was go to the "Rust Belt" states and speak to the same economic concerns Democrats usually spoke to...but she didn't. Clinton failed to uphold the traditional Democratic platform, but instead ran a campaign on a much narrower, primarily feminist platform.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

OneChristianLight

Jun 26, 2016
Houston, TX
✟15,802.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Well that's ironic, considering who we've got now.

IMHO, McCain was the last credible candidate the Republicans have run. But that's me.

While watching the news several months ago, I watched an interview with McCain who was promoting the idea that the US government should arm the Free Syrian Army, a terrorist organization that has been murdering Arab Christians, to overthrow the Syrian government. That is insanity at its finest. Why would you call him "credible"?

Upvote 0

OneChristianLight

Jun 26, 2016
Houston, TX
✟15,802.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Clinton lost four states by only 1% of what should have been easy Democratic wins. If she had campaigned in those states on the same platform that Obama did (who won those states), she'd have won the election.

Clinton lost the race all by herself. All she had to do was go to the "Rust Belt" states and speak to the same economic concerns Democrats usually spoke to...but she didn't. Clinton failed to uphold the traditional Democratic platform, but instead ran a campaign on a much narrower, primarily feminist platform.

I agree that Hillary Clinton ran a poor campaign. Compared to the 2008 US presidential election, Hillary received 64.2 million votes while Obama got 69.4 million votes, which suggests she wasn't as likable as other Democrats. Had Bernie Sanders, who was more likable, been the Democrat nominee, I think Trump would have lost.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
While watching the news several months ago, I watched an interview with McCain who was promoting the idea that the US government should arm the Free Syrian Army, a terrorist organization that has been murdering Arab Christians, to overthrow the Syrian government. That is insanity at its finest. Why would you call him "credible"?
The Syrian government is just as bad. Sometime there's no good option.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,494,869.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that Hillary Clinton ran a poor campaign. Compared to the 2008 US presidential election, Hillary received 64.2 million votes while Obama got 69.4 million votes, which suggests she wasn't as likable as other Democrats. Had Bernie Sanders, who was more likable, been the Democrat nominee, I think Trump would have lost.

And that was not because of her gender.

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Upvote 0

OneChristianLight

Jun 26, 2016
Houston, TX
✟15,802.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
The Syrian government is just as bad. Sometime there's no good option.

Here is an article called "Syrian Christians Look to Assad Regime for Protection from Jihadis" that describes how Bashar al Assad, the leader of Syria, is protecting the human rights of Arab Christian minorities in his country: http://www.breitbart.com/national-s...-to-assad-regime-for-protection-from-jihadis/

The Syrian government protects the human rights of Christian minorities. Meanwhile the Free Syrian Army murders Christians for refusing to convert to Islam. And you think the Syrian government is just as bad as the terrorists? And yes, there is a good option: don't support and arm terrorists who are killing Christians.

If you're going to put forth a thesis, you need to know the facts before you write something. Explaining your opinion would also help.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Here is an article called "Syrian Christians Look to Assad Regime for Protection from Jihadis" that describes how Bashar al Assad, the leader of Syria, is protecting the human rights of Arab Christian minorities in his country: http://www.breitbart.com/national-s...-to-assad-regime-for-protection-from-jihadis/

The Syrian government protects the human rights of Christian minorities. Meanwhile the Free Syrian Army murders Christians for refusing to convert to Islam. And you think the Syrian government is just as bad as the terrorists? And yes, there is a good option: don't support and arm terrorists who are killing Christians.

If you're going to put forth a thesis, you need to know the facts before you write something. Explaining your opinion would also help.
Oh, a Breitbart article? I'll be sure to give that the full attention it deserves.

Upvote 0

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It's understandable that you're trying to find reasons why Hillary lost because her opponent seems unpredictable, prone to temper tantrums, and has ultra conservative views on subjects like immigration which are arguably out of touch with mainstream conservatism. But consider this. In the election, Donald Trump received 62.2 million votes and Hillary Clinton got 64.1 million votes. This means Hillary should have won because she accumulated the majority of votes, but Trump won because of the electoral college system which gives more "points" to rural voters, who are generally conservative.

If you're looking for one specific reason to understand why Hillary didn't win, blame the electoral college system.

I have to agree with you on this

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
And they say God is responsible for Trump's election?

I think men are not ready to accept a female president yet

I think men know that women are not qualified to lead a country and those who are Christians believe it is against God's will since women are to be subject to their husbands and should never have authority over men.

Are you ready to accept a female pope?

Upvote 0