Zone Control, okay. Gun Contol in the USA, no way!

AgapeBible

Aug 26, 2007
USA/Florida
✟44,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would a Christian own a gun in the first place? I can understand if you are in the military or in law enforcement, or maybe you have a rifle for hunting. The problem is with handguns made to kill people, not with rifles made for hunting, to kill animals.

The news makes a big deal everytime there's a mass shooting. Drunk driving deaths are not reported that often. I think drunk drivers who kill should go to prison for manslaughter, or maybe murder. It's sacry to go out after it gets dark, there are so many nuts on the road, people drive wildly even if they are not drunk, they drive agressively and dangerously. Texting while driving is a problem. I don't know how to text with my old cell phone, i just talk with it.

I am for gun control, the gun stores and gun shows need to check ID and do background checks. It is a matter of enforcing gun control laws that are already there but are not enforced. Don't you want your children and friends and people to be safe from guns? I also don't like the idea of zoming, have contant police patrol, metal detectors, living in a police state, a prison. Kids school should not be like prison.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why would a Christian own a gun in the first place? I can understand if you are in the military or in law enforcement, or maybe you have a rifle for hunting. The problem is with handguns made to kill people, not with rifles made for hunting, to kill animals.

Many killings of people are done with rifles and shotguns (very messy).

Kids school should not be like prison.

If you think about it the only difference between schools and prisons is the absence of uniforms and armed guards:

The kids have to be there under penalty of law, and will be penalized if they try to escape (before the age of emancipation as determined by the state).

They are trained to respond to bells and whistles.

They are confined to cells (classrooms) for long hours.

They have an exercise 'yard' (playground) similiar to prisons.

They even behave like criminals, gathering in 'gangs' (cliques) and terrorizing (bullying) other 'inmates', who receive no protection from the 'warden' (the Principal), and are helpless against them, and in rare cases actually take their own lives.

It is my opinion that our educational system lies at the heart of many of our social problems.

Upvote 0

I Eat Pie

Sep 22, 2012
City of Angels.
✟4,228.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Want a good argument defending the rights to own guns?

2 days or so ago, a village somewhere in Africa got raided by an armed mob (gee what a surprise) and dozens of bodies were found, along with hundreds missing. Those people don't have guns. They can't protect themselves against these mobs.

More guns = less violence.

Criminals will get guns whether they're illegal or not. That's why they're criminals... They don't exactly follow the law.

And this isn't something new in Africa either. People are murdered daily by these mobs and regular folks aren't armed to protect themselves. Ain't gun control swell?

Upvote 0
S

seeking Christ

its ok to have a gun or shotgun if ya want to use for hunting or protection. but we dont need machine guns and guns that can saw off a tree with one pull of the trigger.

I'm pretty sure the only gun that could "saw off a tree" with one pull of the trigger is a fully automatic, aka machine gun. Those are legal. The only death caused by one since their restriction was caused by a cop.

Those are a non-issue.

Upvote 0
S

seeking Christ

Why would a Christian own a gun in the first place?

Same reasons as any other non-criminal. Note that I have never touched a weapon, nor do I intend to. You could call this a moral failing on my part, being unwilling to step up as a citizen to do the right thing when called upon.

I can live with that.

The problem is with handguns made to kill people, not with rifles made for hunting, to kill animals.

This is silly. People hunt with handguns, and kill people with rifles. In fact, rifles are a good deal more proficient at killing people.

The news makes a big deal everytime there's a mass shooting. Drunk driving deaths are not reported that often. I think drunk drivers who kill should go to prison for manslaughter, or maybe murder.

They DO!

Upvote 0
S

seeking Christ

Want a good argument defending the rights to own guns?

2 days or so ago, a village somewhere in Africa got raided by an armed mob (gee what a surprise) and dozens of bodies were found, along with hundreds missing. Those people don't have guns. They can't protect themselves against these mobs.

More guns = less violence.

Criminals will get guns whether they're illegal or not. That's why they're criminals... They don't exactly follow the law.

And this isn't something new in Africa either. People are murdered daily by these mobs and regular folks aren't armed to protect themselves. Ain't gun control swell?

THIS. So much this! This is EXACTLY why the second amendment was included.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is exactly how I experienced it. My Dad is a retired school teacher and could never understand why my Brother and I "rejected the formality of it," as he put it.

My dad had problems with school back in the 1920's. He chaffed at what he called the 'regimentation' of it all.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
THIS. So much this! This is EXACTLY why the second amendment was included.

The problem isn't the second amendment. It never has been.

The problem is our society's complete adoration, fanaticism, and undying love for the gun.

It borders idolatry.

Our motto shouldn't be "In God We Trust" it should be, "In Guns We Trust" As a society that is supposed to work together and care for each other, we are a complete failure. We care more about having firearms made available to all citizens than we care about affordable healthcare. Or education for that matter. The two things that will help insure a prosperous nation they're not even third down on our priorities as a nation. No. Guns and gay marriage is the hot button issue.

Despicable, America. Simply despicable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My dad had problems with school back in the 1920's. He chaffed at what he called the 'regimentation' of it all.
Exactly. Also, paddling of students still occurs in some places. Admittedly, there might be some cases it might be needed, but it is often unfairly and abusively practiced, and also there are "kinky" teachers and principals that get "their groove on" from busting student butts. A teacher friend I knew that BELIEVED in paddling (no, he was not a pervert or an abusive sicko) told me that parents could be sued or taken to court by social services for less than what he had seen from some colleagues of his dish out with a paddle, but school system can largely get by with it.

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

If you think about it the only difference between schools and prisons is the absence of uniforms and armed guards:

The kids have to be there under penalty of law, and will be penalized if they try to escape (before the age of emancipation as determined by the state).

They even behave like criminals, gathering in 'gangs' (cliques) and terrorizing (bullying) other 'inmates', who receive no protection from the 'warden' (the Principal), and are helpless against them, and in rare cases actually take their own lives.

It is my opinion that our educational system lies at the heart of many of our social problems.
Well, a lot of schools now have security guards and/or deputy sheriffs that patrol and stay at the schools, and metal detectors, of course. By the way, I liked college a lot more than high school (or even grade school)

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I love living in this "failed experiment", as you say. The U.S. is the best "failure" i know.

Ditto, we have failed to require another country to bail us out of a military conflict involving occupying armies on our own soil (sorry France, Italy, China, Russia, etc . . . when you needed us, we were there) We have failed to become a silly authoritarian regime nobody takes seriously (Sorry England, Canada . . . we can't even talk about your musicians with a straight face anymore). We have failed to become a borg-esque collective of worker-bee drones that lock ourselves in a bathroom for years or jump off buildings not going to name names, Rising Sun. We have failed to need to erect fences, minefields, etc to keep our citizens in. Why, people want to be us so bad they risk their lives in the desert to illegally cross a border in hopes of one day becoming legal citizens of our country.

As failed experiments go, well sir, dish me up some more of that American flavor!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ditto, we have failed to require another country to bail us out of a military conflict involving occupying armies on our own soil (sorry France, Italy, China, Russia, etc . . . when you needed us, we were there) We have failed to become a silly authoritarian regime nobody takes seriously (Sorry England, Canada . . . we can't even talk about your musicians with a straight face anymore). We have failed to become a borg-esque collective of worker-bee drones that lock ourselves in a bathroom for years or jump off buildings not going to name names, Rising Sun. We have failed to need to erect fences, minefields, etc to keep our citizens in. Why, people want to be us so bad they risk their lives in the desert to illegally cross a border in hopes of one day becoming legal citizens of our country.

As failed experiments go, well sir, dish me up some more of that American flavor!
Amen:thumbsup::thumbsup::amen:

Upvote 0
Feb 13, 2013
✟7,691.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Gun control is a sin-enabler, it enables the sins of genocide, murder, kidnapping, torture, forcible rape, armed robbery, and mutilation. I would roll the gun controls back to 1934 and leave it with NFA 1934.

School Security: $2.00 sales tax on every piece of X-rated material sold in the U.S.A. Use funds garnered from the same to both arm and train volunteer school staff and put armed guards in schools.

NO assault weapons ban, no magazine bans.

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

We don't need no education....we don't need no thought control.....no dark sarcasm in the classroom..........Hey, teacher, leave them kids alone! All in all, it's just another brick in the wall.:cool:

Upvote 0

sniperelite7

Jun 13, 2005
✟15,740.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
The problem isn't the second amendment. It never has been.

The problem is our society's complete adoration, fanaticism, and undying love for the gun.

It borders idolatry.

Wha? So if I have a past-time or hobby that I enjoy and defend my right to do so with logical and coherent arguments against my opponents often emotional and nonsensical ideas I am worshipping something?

The only reason you have such a staunch and unmoving opposition to gun control in this country is because some of our society has a complete adoration, fanaticism, and undying love of strict gun control. It often has no logical basis in reality and people preach it as if it where religion, to hell with the data available on the subject.

Its like debating a creationist! :p

Upvote 0