Zombies

jmkwriter

Sep 13, 2009
✟15,122.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Overexposed. The world's been having a love affair with zombies for several years now. It's time to spend some time apart, I think. Maybe start seeing some other genres. Same goes for vampires.

That being said, Walking Dead from Image Comics is great. It's the zombie movie that never ends, to the point where it's not even about the zombies anymore.

Upvote 0

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I prefer the nuclear/chemical/biological/viral type to any sort of supernatural variety. I prefer the slow vs. the more recent trend of speedy zombies. The survival aspects are my main attraction, not the actual zombies themselves. If I pick up a novel and the zombies are magical/demon based and or intelligent (speaking, using weapons) I am probably not going to enjoy the book as a 'zombie' book.

Upvote 0

SiXe

eggnog enthusiast
Aug 24, 2009
in the mountians :P
✟7,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
I prefer the nuclear/chemical/biological/viral type to any sort of supernatural variety. I prefer the slow vs. the more recent trend of speedy zombies. The survival aspects are my main attraction, not the actual zombies themselves. If I pick up a novel and the zombies are magical/demon based and or intelligent (speaking, using weapons) I am probably not going to enjoy the book as a 'zombie' book.

I Agree with you, Rage Zombies and such are much to fast. What happend to those shamblers? For the surival aspect, it is fun to imagine what sort of plan you would hatch if the apocalypse was full of the walking dead xD

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the surival aspect, it is fun to imagine what sort of plan you would hatch if the apocalypse was full of the walking dead xD
Oh, but it is ;)

2 Corinthians 5:14
For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

World War Z is a great book
Is it starring none other? ^_^

Upvote 0

Ayersy

Friendly Neighborhood Nihilist
Sep 2, 2009
England
✟17,209.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yeah, awesome. I've always been fascinated by the idea of a zombie apocalypse, and the scenarios that go with it, its why I've always been such a huge fan of the Resident Evil games (NOT THE FILMS.), slow shambling zombies are much better.

In my eyes, when they can run, or have intelligence in the slightest, it makes them more human, and therefore less threatening. Someone mentioned World War Z, another good book by the same author is the Zombie Survival Guide, written as a genuine survival guide, its pretty fun! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Kelly

Dungeon Master
Mar 20, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟24,334.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Day by Day Armegeddon is another decent read. It's written as a diary. The character is _really_ prepared for survival, almost too much (he has russian submarine batteries charged by solar power, glass shard topped compound walls - and all of this before any hint at zombie outbreak). It comes off a bit like we are reading the author's personal fantasy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums